“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pars Restaurant

Pars Restaurant
Lerchenfelderstrasse 148, Vienna 1080, Austria (Altlerchenfeld)
(0) 1 405 82 45
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Altlerchenfeld
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Kitchen is amazing. However, your stomach may not be ready for some of their dishes. Portions are huge. Starters for two can feed 5-6 people.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“Family run Persian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

First I should say I am no expert when it comes to Persian food so my review here is totally unbiased even from any subjective or subconsious views!! I came with friends who live locally and they promised a great meal. I was intrigued to see if the restaurant lived up to their expectations. At the outset I felt the menu and food resembled the Lebenese restaurants I once frequented in London. All I can say is that Pars exceeded anything I have had before in this type of cuisine. The mixed selection of starters was excellent; some exceptional. For the main course I had chicken on rice which was outstanding for such a simple dish. The refinement of the spices was mesmerising. I cannot praise the food highly enough. The draft Becks beer was fresh and cold. A good selection of wines and other beers is also available. Service is helpful though hurried: don't expect to spend time discussing the merits of each dish with the waiters whose grasp of English is slim and of German only adequate. I understand it is run by the proprietor and his sons. They certainly work hard. One little niggle would be that the menu is in Pharsee and German. I'd suggest they add English at the next print in view of the large international community living in Vienna. Pars lends itself to group dining: either extended families or office or social groups. Very, very busy so be sure to book early.I would strongly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Persian Cusine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Visiting Pars Restaurant on a Monday night was an interesting affair. The service was prompt and the restaurant was extremely busy. If you are planning to go there on a whim,you better book first. the portion sizes were good, the price was reasonable, but the taste was fantastic. Try their Persian Kebab if you are hungry and want a filling and delicious meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Mediterranean cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Make reservations - you won't want to miss the explosion of Indian cuisine and artful presentation. My recommendation is the "five dish" appetizer platter - easily will feed two couples. Try Big John wine too. Every dish was mouthwatering and the staff very efficient/friendly. Unfortunately, menu not with english translation.

Visited September 2012
Vienna, Austria
“Full of persiansm, and immense portions.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was there with some friends. We went there at 21 for dinner. The restaurant is near the Gürtel, so it's ideal for some drinks after. It was full of Persians, family/group of friends. No Austrians. The men were smoking outside, while the women were chatting indoor in a very relaxed atmosphere. We ordered mixed appetizers and then a main course. The main course was huge! I have never seen such portions, and a huge man would have barely ate everything. We ate as much as we could, crying we shouldn't have ordered the appetizers, and that it was a pity we were wasting such a delicious dinner. I strongly recommend for all occasions, just remember to reserve a place, this is a busy restaurant.

• Visited August 2012