“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Artner auf der Wieden

Restaurant Artner auf der Wieden
Floragasse 6, Vienna A-1040, Austria (Wieden)
(0) 1 503 5033
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #755 of 2,882 Restaurants in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Austrian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wieden
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to the Artner several times with business acquaintances, on valentines day this year which is also my birthday my partner wanted to treat me to a romantic dinner. It was a mediocre evening, I was extremely disappointed because I have spent great evenings there not last thanks to the attentiveness of the staff. Well on that evening they were very busy and had no time for chit hat or even to make recommendations properly. When making the reservation we had asked for a romantic spot which we did not get. We basically shared the table with four other people, only separated by a flimsy wall with a hole. Weird! Next to our table was the reservoir for cutlery, so the staff kept bustling by all the time. The worst thing was though that the steak tartar did not agree with our stomachs. One nice thing, I did get a rose as did the other ladies, it being valentines day. My partner was also nonplussed, I had gushed so much about ths restaurant and he plainly didnt see why. I had to agree with him that night, sadly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Stylish setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Very stylish restaurant. Attentive staff and beautiful food. A little pricey and needs more atmosphere. Well worth a visit though.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We wanted to eat at an outside table. They were full. We showed up without a reservation, they accommodated us anyway and we were told upfront about the fact that they were behind and they would get to us when they could. Served us some wine to keep us happy. We actually didn't wait that long . The meats were grilled nicely and the food, for the most part, was surprisingly good and well-prepared. A bit of a delight across the board. Worth a visit. Despite their warnings the service was attentive and polite.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hoeilaart, Belgium
“Must-do restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant is located in a part of the city we would not visit in 1st case but as the Artner in the city center was closed on Sunday, we came here. And we were very happy to be here!

We had a nice glass of sparkling wine at the bar, a nice little soup as a surprise of the chef and then a terrific meat dish with mashed potatoes and spinach. My wife had a burger which was also very good.

Looking for a nice restaurant? Go Artner!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Trondheim, Norway
“One of the better restaurant experiences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The weather was cold and windy, so we asked the staff at Erzherzog Rainer if they had a restaurant to recommend. And so we ended up here, just around the corner. There were only 2 tables free when we arrived.

My wife started with a salmon based entree, while I took one based on goose liver pate. Both were very good. The main meal was a 700 gr steak, shared. Ande vegetables. Very tender meat, one of the best meat dishes I've eaten. And we shared a bottle of austrian red with the meal. For the dessert both chose ice cream, whick luckily came with 3 scoops - I just love Icecream ;-)

In total we paid around 160 EUR for this, reasonable in my view compared with the experience. Our waiter for the evening, was both helpful and polite.

In my view, a restaurant that is good enough to serve a very decent meal and where one can spend some time with a partner and/or some friends. Clean, tidy and laid-back athmosphere.

Ursus