“Excelent experience at this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Wien City

You added Novotel Wien City to your Saves list
Novotel Wien City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Aspernbruckengasse 1, Vienna 1020, Austria (Leopoldstadt)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #80 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
Reading
“Excelent experience at this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I've been many times at this hotel and always had an excelent service, very clean and confortable room. The restaurant food is good and at a reasonable price. The hotel is also within walking distance to the city center.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
EDissauer, Geschäftsführer at Novotel Wien City, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear guest,

we are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. An excellent treatment of our guests is first priority to us. Your feed-back will help us to keep our service level on the best standard.

Elisabeth Dissauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed in what was suppose to be an executive room for three nights with my husbands and two small kids. Quite a small room and no bath.
The hotel is basic but close to a train station which is two stops into town. The public transport is very efficient and we did not have to wait longer than 4 minutes for a train at any one time.
Had breakfast on the first morning. 17 euro a person. Selection was small and I think not good value for money. A short walk away there is a supermarket where you can choose your own nice breads and things for breakfast. Room service menu is also very limited.
Lots of good cheap places to eat nearby. Vapiano, korean, general asian places.
Staff were very helpful with any questions.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
EDissauer, Geschäftsführer at Novotel Wien City, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear guest,

thank you for your comments, it will help to improve our service.

Best regards from Vienna
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Overall I was very satisfied with my weekend stay.

I chose this hotel for its quite central location - one underground station from Stephansdom and a 15-minute walk from the City Air Terminal. Booked my room through
Accor own website - price was not that cheap, however pre-paying the room granted me a 12% discount; fare for an Executive single room was 149EUR/night. The hearty breakfast costs additional 17EUR.

Check-in was quick and I felt welcome - a HUGE thumbs-up for the staff friendliness and efficiency during my entire stay. I was given a room on the 4th floor. It was rather spacious and quite functional. I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities: coffee-making facilities including a Nespresso machine, individual air-conditioning, small closet with a few coat hangers, large desk with a chair. Very comfortable King-sized bed with firm mattress and fluffy pillows. All equipment were working properly. My room was pretty good soundproofed: I did not hear any noise although my room was facing the main street and the Uniqa tower.
Bathroom is adequate, shower and separate WC spotlessly clean.

On the downside room service menu was a bit limited. I had expected much more local specialities. Novotel burger, French fries and Caesar salad do not really qualify for typical Viennese food! Internet on TV is not user-friendly at all: rather slow and the keypad did not react correctly.

Breakfast buffet is opulent, well-presented and tasty. Good offering of cold cuts, salmon and herrings, cheese, yoghurts, cereals, fresh fruit salad. The muesli tasted quite good. Warm food included bacon, sausages and very tasty scrambled eggs. Breakfast room was bright.
On the downside tables are rather close to each other. Furthermore the buffet itself is in a cramped space so that you can not move around freely.

There is a free Internet computer in the lobby.

All in all I can warmly recommend this hotel for its great staff and very comfortable room. However room price is not cheap - it is better to keep an eye for promotional offers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
EDissauer, Geschäftsführer at Novotel Wien City, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Dear guest,

thank you very much for describing all your impressiony during your stay.
Your feed-back will help us to keep our service level on the best standard. An excellent treatment of our guests is first priority to us.

We hope to welcome you again soon!

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Being Accor members we tend to stay at their hotels. This visit was very pleasant. The breakfast was good. Really enjoyed the coffee. Rooms very clean and comfortable. The free internet at reception was great and the reception staff helped with airport transfers. The location is not the most exciting but its proximity to public transport was very helpful and the staff helped us with maps and also interpreting the maps as we speak no German at all. Overall, very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
EDissauer, Geschäftsführer at Novotel Wien City, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Dear guest,

thank you for staying with us and it was a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Vienna. An excellent treatment of our guests is first priority to us.
Your feed-back will help us to keep our service level on the best standard.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

new hotel, good location, good breakfast, Bad cheap bed ( feel like thin budget you get at discount stores) ask for a pillow and took 30 mins to realise that it's not comming. They were probably short of staff and couldn't be bother to tell me. Overall It's fair enough. Nothing to love or to hate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
EDissauer, Geschäftsführer at Novotel Wien City, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comments and I'm deeply sorry for the inconveniences with the bed and the pillows.
An excellent treatment of our guests is first priority to us.
Your feed-back will help us to keep our service level on the best standard.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Dear Novotel team,
I did like my stay at your hotel very much - but:
On the day of my arrival I informed the staff that I would like to pay with Accor club vouchers and handed them in. The receptionist still required my credit card to make a reservation on it in case the vouchers did carry any value - I did understand that. The vouchers were pronounced OK, but the reservation on my card is still there even after 5 full days after my arrival and voucher approval. My question is: How long does it take to cancel the reservation?
Thank you.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Novotel Wien City? Share your experiences!