“very good, nothing to complain about” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Wagramer Strasse 8, Vienna 1220, Austria   |
Ranked #101 of 364 Hotels in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elmshorn, Germany
“very good, nothing to complain about”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel is close to a undergrund line to downtown Vienna, comfortable room and beds, free wifi available, breakfast selection is good, on sunny days you can eat on a sunny balcony overlooking a small lake

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rishon Lezion, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed in this hotel for two nights. The room was amazing! Very big and well equipment .
Staff very nice and helpful .
We know Vienna very very good so the location is no bad because he close to train station but its not in the center. Close to DZ shopping center .
Very good hotel defenetly will come again

• Stayed June 2012
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel was on the U1, so very easy to get everywhere. Great beds and amenities, but restaurant was over priced. Would definitely stay there again. Nice to be outside the crowds, but close to Danube and other attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Valley du Loir
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at the Arcotel for 8 days whilst at a conference at the VIC – so convenient. I had a room overlooking the busy main road and, even though I’m a light sleeper, the rooms are sound proofed and I didn’t hear any traffic or any noise from neighbouring rooms. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were spotless. There were tea and coffee making facilities with even a few herbal tea bags. The large, flatscreen TV had English news channels. There was no iron or ironing board and no free bottled water. I would recommend buying some water at the Spar shop at the airport – I bought lunch there, including bottled water, and it all came to less than 2€ - amazingly cheap!

There’s free wifi at the hotel and you can upgrade to a paying superfast version if you want to. I Skyped home most days with the free wifi with no problems. The reception staff were very helpful when I couldn’t get the wifi to work at the first attempt and they helped me check in for my flight and print my boarding card. There’s an ante room next to reception with computers and printers.

I really enjoyed the choice at breakfast – cheese board, freshly cut ham, lots of fresh fruit, organic teas, pastries, huge choice of cereal and yoghurts as well as hot food including bacon, sausage and eggs. They will even cook your eggs to order or make you porridge. Other than breakfast I didn’t eat at the hotel except for one occasion when I ordered room service. The Hungarian goulash was, without a doubt, the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. I couldn’t eat it as it was just mounds of gristle.

The hotel is right next to a lake which some of the rooms overlook. It’s opposite the metro and just a few stops directly into central Vienna – a single ticket costs 2€. The airport shuttle bus stops right outside the door. It’s also only a short walk to the river where there are lots of restaurants and bars.

If I went back to Vienna, I would be happy to stay here again. I got a good price through Trivago.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ARCOTEL_Kaiserwasser, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Kaiserwasser, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear 'LondonerinFrance',

thank you for your review which you posted on tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to us. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed in particular our location as well as the service, the room and its equippment and also the breakfast at our Restaurant.

On every floor (except 5th) we have an ironing room which you can use 24/7.
Referring to the water one can say Vienna has the best water quality in Austria and it is possible to drink that one from tub. In addition, there is also a supermarket nearby.

We would like to apologize to you that you did not like the goulash soup. We have already forwarded your complaint to our F&B department, that this won't happen again in future.

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back to the ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser Vienna soon!

Kind regards,

CHRISTOPH SCHWABL
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel if you have a conference or meeting or if u want just to relax away from city noisy
Far from city center but close to train station infront of horel u reach through subway beside hotel
Wifi free and good
Clean
Staff very helpfull
Lounge is comfortable for relaxing time i dont like this hotel because irs far from city center nothing arround except the garden behind it

• Stayed April 2013
ARCOTEL_Kaiserwasser, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Kaiserwasser, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

many thanks for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your
stay at the ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser and look forward to welcoming you again in Vienna!

Christoph Schwabl
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is the second time that I stayed here, because of its location opposite VIC, but will next time go to another hotel closeby. This is mainly because I had bad experience with the front desk staff. When I arrived, I was the only guest, and had to wait close to 10 minutes before I was attended to by one of the 2 receptionists present, one was looking at his screen, the lady had a personal conversation on the phone. Well, this can happen, but the next day the attitude of one of the reception ladies made it unacceptable. I forgot my shoes the night before in the changing room of the sauna area (just before closing time), and asked the next morning at the reception if housekeeping could bring them back to me. Housekeeping reported they could not find the shoes; when I insisted they could check again, since no guest could have been in that area since, the receptionist said very rudely that that would not change a thing, that it was my mistake for leaving them there, and literally shrugged her shoulders while looking at me dismissively. Unbelievable! I then went to the sauna area myself, found a housekeeper on the floor who could open the door for me, and there were my shoes standing where I left them.

No free water in the room, no WIFI.

On the plus side: good breakfast (but a bit expensive), clean room (but almost no toiletries, like bodylotion or so), good bed, good curtains, great sauna.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Madam,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback and we were happy to welcoming you again in our ARCOTEL Kaiserwasser. We are very sorry for all circumstances and misunderstandings. We will certainly follow up this point of criticism and train our staff again.

We also would like to give you some information for your next stay in our Hotel:

Our front desk is open 24/7 and tries to satisfy all needs of our guests in a professional way. Vienna has the best water quality in Austria and it is possible to drink that one from tub. The WIFI is free of charge in our whole Hotel. For a faster connection especially for downloads you have to pay.

With kindest regards from Vienna,

Christoph Schwabl
Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

myself and my sister stayed here and shared a twin room. My sister chose this hotel for a course at work so more of a business visit for her. I found the hotel to b very clean and impressive looking. Our room was a little on the small side but overall a very enjoyable place to stay. Being so close to the metro made it ideal to explore the city of Vienna from.

Room Tip: ask for a larger twin room if possible