“Good accomodation for language course” 4 of 5 stars

Actilingua Apartment Hotel Pension
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schneidergasse 7, Vienna 1110, Austria (Landstraße)   |
Ranked #229 of 368 hotels in Vienna
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Good accomodation for language course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 2 weeks, because I found it in the offer of the Actilingua language school. My room was for 2 people an we shared 2 bathrooms and 1 kitchen with 3 other students of the language school. My romm was regular cleaned. It´s situated close to subway and tram station. You come in few minutes to the language school or to the city centre.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tampere, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

It was around 12-17 degrees warm when i arrived in Vienna and I was freezing in the room for several days until it got warmer up to 25 degrees. All one needs is some nice warm clothes when it is not too hot outside the room coz the building is old and they didnt have the heating on.
The staff was great, helpful and very polite!
I had a very pleasant stay in this hotel! Great location , tram 71 to the centre, several food stores around, underground 7 mins walk away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
CustomerServiceMng, Service Center Hotel Manager at Actilingua Apartment Hotel Pension, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Olga,
thank you very much for your feedback!
We are sorry to hear that you were cold the first few days. The cold spell at the beginning of June surprised us, generally the heating is activated all year round if the outside temperature falls under 16 degrees.
However, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Best regards from Vienna,
Susanne Hofer
Service Center Hotel Manager
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

A small, very clean and comfortable hotel. The disrtict is safe and silent. I was living at this hotel during a month and I was at home. The inhabitants of the hotel district are very well-wishing and, I could say, too polite. The centre of Vienne is very close. You can reach the underground going through a park.
I could advise everybody who goes in Vienne to book this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Hotel is situated in Simmering district within 5-7 minutes on foot to the underground, 2-3 tram stops to the railway station (S-bahn, trains from and to the airport) and several tram stops to the Central Cemetery (for someone who wants to visit Beethoven's grave). The district is full of immigrants of any kind and sometimes I didn't feel safe on the way back to my hotel late in the evening. And sometimes it was noisy at nights. The district is far from picturesque and quite dirty. No one cares for rubbish in the streets. Maybe the only pro is that few grocery shops are open on Sundays.
Hotel occupies a quite old building. My apartment was on the ground floor and it was cold inside, as it was damp on the basement floor (a laundry and a dining room where breakfast is served are also there).

I booked a superior apartment. It was rather spacious, had a kitchen (full equipped), a bathroom (with a shower cubicle), a wc, a sitting room (with a sofa and TV), a sleeping room (two single beds together) and a cloakroom. So, I was pleased with the size and furniture. The only thing is that the rooms were not cleaned regularly and thoroughly. Once a maid forgot to lock my apartment after cleaning. Not a good thing. All my belongings were OK but maybe due to the fact that I had locked all valuables in my suitcase before.

One more puzzling thing is laundry service. Ironing costs 8 euro per hour. One or two receptionists brought the ironing desk to my apartment and I payed money and ironed myself. Others did't take any money and didn't bring the ironing desk. They told me that one had to pay only if he gave his/her clothes to one of the staff to do the ironing. But if one ironed him/herself, ironing was for free. So, be attentive.

In general I liked my stay in this hotel as it is not very far from ActiLingua Academy, was not extraordinary expensive and was situated within access to different means of transport and supermarkets. I didn't like only this nervous feeling that I could have used to much electricity or water and that I would have to pay for that. But everything was OK. After checking out you can also keep your suitcase in the hotel for free.

Room Tip: Rooms on the groundfloor are quite cold. Rooms fronting Scheidergasse are quite hot (lots of sun) an...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Nicosia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

It is located 10 minutes unpleasant walk to underground in some emigration, not clean quarter. Then you have to travel 15 minutes by the underground to the centre.
We were in the hotel during weekend plus monday, cleaning was taking place only on Monday. Hotel staff didn't speak English.
Toilet facilities are old, some towels were not white but yellow because of age.
Room was nice, bed comfortable, free internet available in the room.
Whole nights long there were people crying and shouting (I choose the hotel because of "quiet " location) so I couldn't sleep. When I ask to change my room so that windows will be on another street, staff couldn't understand English.
I wouldn't recooment this hotel to a friend, you can stay there only if you want to save the money and there are no other cheap variants

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

I booked this pension via hotels.com. It was good for our money and convenient to the U-bahn station (a quarter mile away). The room was clean, spacious-bigger than our studio apartment in the United States, and worked well for us since we were out in the city most of the time. The kitchenette was fully furnished and we made a meal on New Year's Eve. There were two televisions in our room.The room was cleaned everyday and the staff spoke fluent English. The shower was tricky, but think of it like camping. We checked out before the posted time and spoke with the staff. They were very accommodating to our travel arrangements in having to leave early for our flight. They do not staff the desk 24 hours, but this did not seem to be a problem. The building is very quiet as is the neighborhood. Quite residential. If looking for groceries, there is a local store nearby on the main street called 'Billa'. Great for making meals in the apartment pension. Overall, good for families, couples not expecting grandeur, and students.

Stayed December 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

The main reason to stay at this hotel is you can't beat the price. Two couples stayed in a two bedroom apartment for $200 euro a night. This is about the cost of one night in one mid range hotel room in Vienna, where accommodations are astronomically expensive.
We had the top (5th) floor apartment. Beware to the traveler with mobility issues; the lift only goes to the fourth floor.
The apartment was large, but there was no living room. So you either were in your bedroom or in the kitchen area.
It was billed as having two bathrooms. Which technically is true, but there is only one toilet which is in the smaller of the two bathrooms which also had a stand up shower stall (unusual for Europe). The other larger bathroom was a plus. Two sinks, two mirrors, and large lovely garden tub for bathing.
The beds were hard as a rock, and were billed as queen sized. This was true if you put the two twin day beds together.
The kitchen became the gathering point. . It was basically equipped with a small: sink; fridge; stove and microwave. We did not use the MW after trying it once (it started to buzz and smoke)
We opted to take the breakfast option at 6 euros a person. It was the basic euro style fare, cereals, breads, cheese, sliced meet, coffee, juice. Ok food, nothing special.
There were some communication issues with the staff. The weekend gal spoke little English and we spoke little German. We never got an extra pillow; she thought we wanted an extra room :-)
The area around the hotel is quiet and safe. There are several restaurants (not a lot) with in three blocks. The “Billa” grocery store is 3 blocks away and next to the Zipperingstrasse Metro Station (U3 Line). There is a Tram stop (71 line) one block away at Molitor and Renweg. Both of these connect you with Vienna's excellent metro system. The hotel is not in any of the main tourist areas, but is only 10-15 away from them via the metro.
Overall the price was great, the accommodations where tolerable and ok, but we left wondering if we are more the full service hotel type.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — No living room, no queen bed, hard beds
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Actilingua Apartment Hotel Pension? Share your experiences!