“Very impressive! highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

The Levante Parliament
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Auerspergstrasse 9, Vienna 1080, Austria   |
Ranked #82 of 369 hotels in Vienna
New York, New York, United States
“Very impressive! highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My parents and I stayed at the Levante Parliament hotel from July 9 to 12th for three nights. We read a lot of great reviews about it and decided to stay at the hotel with a high expectation.

We arrived there at 10pm on the 9th and were very welcomed. The hotel was more beautiful than we expected from photos and reviews. We made a reservation for a superior double room with an extra rollaway. When we checked in, we were informed that their computer system was down and so the rollaway wasn't ready in our room. We were asked to go up to the room and they said the bed would arrive shortly. We went up waiting for both the bed and our luggage. After 10 minutes, nothing happened. I called the front desk and a male staff told me it's on the way. After waiting another 15 minutes, I called again and he said there was no more rollaway that night. My parents and I were more upset because our luggage wasn’t delivered either in the meantime, 25 minutes. I went to the front desk and our luggage was still there. The staff apologized and said he would give us a separate single room due to no rollaway available. But, he said I'd have to move back to the superior double room next morning because the single room was already booked for the next two days. I was very upset and complained about all the hassle caused by their mistake. The staff said there was nothing he could do and I should talk to his manager next morning. At that point, I was very upset and annoyed about the way this five star hotel caused and dealt with the problems and inconvenience. But, I was too tired to keep complaining and so went to my room.

Next morning, I went back to the front desk around 9am and there was a female staff. I explained to her about a night before and she went in to talk to her manager, Ümit Kilic. He came out and introduced himself with a smile that made me feel better. He listened to what happened and sincerely apologized. He then offered us a tasty dessert right away and upgraded our room to a junior suite. He also said a bottle of wine and a cheese plate will be ready for us at the bar anytime we’d like to eat.

My parents and I moved to the upgraded room. It was a hassle for us to pack our stuff and move to the room and unpack. And, also waiting and talking to the staff was exhausting. But, the new room was almost twice bigger with two sinks in the bathroom. We were finally happy to be settled down and the room was very satisfying. Also, Ümit Kilic’s sincere apology and quick and professional dealing with the situation made my parents and I very pleasant. During the whole time of our stay, the manager made sure everything was okay. Last night of our stay, we went to the bar to take the offer of wine and cheese. He came to us and apologized again and made sure we were happy and satisfying.

Our experience started with a hassle but turned out to be very satisfying. I'll definitely stay at the Levante Parliament hotel when going back to Vienna. And, I highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Vienna.

I’d like share a little more information.

Location- The hotel is not in the central area but very close. For three night staying, my parents and I always walked to museums, St. Stephen's Cathedral, opera house, city hall, and any other famous spots. Everything was in 20 minute waking distance.

Hotel amenity- The hotel interior is very beautiful and well designed. The courtyard in the middle is spacious and relaxing. We really enjoyed having breakfast there every morning. Breakfast had a various, tasty food and the service was very nice. Our room was very quite and clean with a high ceiling facing the courtyard.

583 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've stayed in Vienna many times for work and pleasure over the years.

Staff: courteous, friendly and lots of smiling.

Room: I had a single room which I loved. It was on the smaller side but had everything I needed. I loved the size of the bathroom.
I had my window facing the courtyard and there was no noise problem at all. I slept with my windows open at night.

Location: The location of this hotel is really perfect. It is not in the main center but is very close by. The underground and tram system of Vienna are helpful.
Thank You for a great stay!!!

Room Tip: I had room 311, I think it may need a new mattress
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
LevanteParliament, Manager at The Levante Parliament, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

We hope you had a good trip home and we would like to say thank you for having chosen our Design Hotel THE LEVANTE PARLIAMENT for your stay in Vienna.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your positive comments!
With our resolution: „A happy customer, who is content with good service is our most valuable good”, we try day by day to offer our guests an unforgettable stay in Vienna.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again to our hotel and remain with best regards from Vienna.

West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel was the last stop on my family's two-week journey through Switzerland and Austria. Right away, we fell in love with the AC — too-rare in Europe and much appreciated given the temps in the 90s. The Levante was also impressive in terms of its appearance...very contemporary and well-decorated. We particularly enjoyed eating breakfast in the large outdoor courtyard each morning. The staff was also very helpful. Don't believe what you hear about Viennese service...everyone we encountered in the city was perfectly friendly and helpful.

The only knock on this hotel is that it's not super-close to the "center" of the city and some of the most popular areas, so you'll need to walk or get to one of the nearby subway stops. But that's a minor gripe.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Absolutely fantastic place! The best hotel we have ever stayed in yet! Great location, large room, fantastic breakfast! Can't be happier with our choice. We will definitely stay there again, when come back to Vienna.

washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

You can probably find a place more central by the Stefanplatz -- but you'll find nothing more serene, clean, and caring than the Levante. The company running it actually is in the condo rental business so hotels are a side business. I'm convinced the owner does it for fun, almost as hobby. It's smallish but absolutely clean, modern, quiet, and the staff are caring and genuine. There is a wonderful little sauna and spa-like area with fresh bottled water, green apples, and glossy magazines. The cafe has a delightful breakfast spread and the coffee machine sure beats Starbucks any day. It's about 13 minutes walk to the gates of the Hofburg. One block from Rathaus metro (or 3 blocks from another metro line taking you DIRECTLY to the main train station where the Airport Train comes in). So getting to the airport door to door is about 1 hour including the 30 min ride on the Airport Train. Comfortable as can be and 14 Euros roundtrip.

Room Tip: Choose rooms higher up facing the street. Sometimes the hotel has parties in the courtyard which are...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Durham City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Levante Parliament Hotel was super for a short stay in Vienna. It was in a very good location (we walked everywhere from here), the room was very clean, lovely high ceilings with a boutique edge to the decor with some fantastic blown glassware to add to the style, The rooms were slightly small but very comfortable. Good bathroom facilities and nice bathroom products. Breakfast was lovely with a wide range off continental fare and seating available outside in a pretty court yard garden. The only downside (and my reason for not giving this hotel five stars) was the rude receptionist. She was quite simply unpleasent on our arrival, no smiles or welcomes at any point during our stay and everything was a bother for her.... oh dear - she let you down badly. On the plus side the bar staff were lovely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at The Levante Parliament, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and forward them immediately to the particular department heads. We are more than happy to seize your suggestions in our operational procedure.
Therefore we gladly make use of your concerns, critiques and ideas, which are subject to the process of our continuous improvement.
We are very sorry that you had to experience a problem in the hotel by a clerk that treated you in an unfriendly and clerk inefficient way. Please be assured that this is not the way we like to deal with our customers. We thank you very much about the compliments to the receptionist who did an unpleasant service. It is already forward to the department heads to improve our service by training and teaching the staff. So they can better convince our guests by identifying the needs and expectations in advance.
Again we apology for the inconveniences caused to you. Please be assured that we do everything to make our guests stay convenient and problem free to provide a most enjoyable time in Vienna. We are looking forward to may welcome you again to our hotel and remain with best regards from Vienna,

Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

location is excelent.Subway station just one block away. Many sights are reacheable in less then 15 minutes walk: we spent 4 days and did most of our sightseeing by foot. The Levante is a boutique hotel. modernly decorated. Breakfast are excelent and moderately priced. Staff is very friendly and always available to provide help. They are bilingual: I had to ask them to use German to communicate with me (I am trying to learn it). We are a married, mature couple and nonetheless enjoyed our stay even though the hotel is very guy friendly. Definitely we will use this hotel in our next visit to Wien

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at The Levante Parliament, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear guest,

We appreciate your ideas and comments and forward them immediately to the particular department heads. We are more than happy to seize your suggestions in our operational procedure.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again to our hotel and remain with kind regards from Vienna,

Ümit Kilic
Operations Manager

Been to The Levante Parliament? Share your experiences!