“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stadtnest Bed & Breakfast and Apartment

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vienna
Stadtnest Bed & Breakfast and Apartment
You added Stadtnest Bed & Breakfast and Apartment to your Saves list
Stumpergasse 29 (BnB), Garbergasse 16 (Apartments) | 1060 Vienna, Vienna 1060, Austria   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 106 Vienna B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kailua, Hawaii
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

All the positive comments written previously are absolutely right on target. This is a lovely B & B with a great location, a charming host, and wonderful breakfast goodies. Just minutes from the metro, all of the sights are easily accessible. Barbara's advice for visiting, eating out, and getting around is terrific. We stayed in the brand new apartment and it was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Amouage, Manager at Stadtnest Bed & Breakfast and Apartment, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Aloha to Hawai!
Thank you for all your positive comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay as much as I did having you here as my guests. Also, I am very happy to hear that you found our brand new apartment comfortable. You were only the second guests who stayed there after starting to rent this new apartment in July, so of course I am very happy to see it taking a great start.
All the best from Vienna,
Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My daughter and I visited Stadtnest and Vienna in June, but the review I thought I'd written on our return somehow went missing. So, it's been a while, but in fairness to Barbara I thought I should take the time to write another.

Stadtnest is really well located near the train station, which was most convenient and saved us taxi fares! The apartment itself is down a quiet street and our room overlooked a courtyard. The room was spacious, with a comfy bed, but the bathroom, as is often the case in Europe, was quite small. It wasn't a problem, I am simply mentioning this in case you like lots of space.

Everything was spotlessly clean, and Barbara is a gracious and accommodating host. She will assist wherever and however she can in making your stay easier and more pleasurable and has lots of advice to offer. You can borrow travel guides from her and she'll help book tickets to concerts etc. She has travelled widely, has excellent English and enjoys meaningful conversation.

Breakfasts are tailored to your requirements - fresh, organic ingredients - and there's a kitchen if you want to make a cup of tea - or even cook your own meal. I can't think of many holidaymakers who would do this, but if you want a night in, are craving home cooking, or on a budget - then it's a definite plus.

There's a lift/elevator up to the apartment - so no stairs to worry about, and of course there's wifi, TV and a guest computer available.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Barbara and definitely hope to return in the near future. She now offers two apartments in addition to the B&B rooms, so if that's of interest then ask about them.

So, if you are en route to VIenna and can get a room with Barbara, you're off to a winning start!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at Stadnest apartment #1 for 6 days in July, 2013 and enjoyed it immensely. There were a couple of bumps at the beginning, which host Barbara Lenz smoothed over with aplomb (I even got to share breakfast with her, so I can attest to the B&B comments - she makes delicious rolls!). The location is great (several U-bahn stops and 3 lines within a few blocks, right next to the Haydn house), and the first floor apartment cool, which was important during this hot summer. The apartment is adorable with all the conveniences, including a large file of information on Vienna large and small and laundry facilities on site. In short, I highly recommend Stadnest!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Stadtnest B&B for 9 days recently and it lived up to its TA advance billing. As we arrived into the Westbahnhoft train station from a few days in Salzburg, I sent Barbara a message saying we'd catch a cab and be at the B&B in about 15 - 20 minutes time. She sent me a note back and said if we were at Westbahnhoft, it would be more like 5 or 6 minutes!

She was right - we could have easily walked it!

The place is so conveniently located. As many others have noted, it is an easy and enjoyable walk to everywhere in the city! And yet, being a block removed from the main street in the city, it is remarkably quiet. Couldn't believe we could hear birds chirping in the morning!

Breakfast is superb and Barbara is a wealth of information. She booked tickets for Mozart's Requiem at the St. Charles and printed them off for us, plus knew every bus, tram and U-connection for getting around Vienna. So the B&B comes with its own Travel Information. And Barbara speaks perfect English - a bonus if you don't speak German.

The bedroom and bathroom is large - and you have full use of your own kitchen.

Not sure what more you could ask for or want.

Cheers.

Gord

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have just spent 4 nights here. I consulted Trip Advisor comments before booking. All were true. This property is in an excellent location, especially for those who have not been to Vienna before like us. Close to the Westbahnhof train, easy walk to the Schonbrunn Place, right nest to one of the main shopping streets and a short walk down hill to the old part of Vienna. Close to all public transport too. Our host, Barbara is wonderful. can not fault this place....Highly recommend... Sandra , Brisbane Australia

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Conveniently located near the Westbahnhof train station, directly down Mariahilfer Straße, across the big intersection, then 2nd on the right (Stumpergasse), you will find this wonderful B & B.
I've stayed in many B & Bs but this is the first time I was given a breakfast menu and with everything anyone could want... even homemade spelt bread rolls and homemade jam! Barbara is a wonderful cook who uses only organic produce for her guests.
With full access to the kitchen, chairs and table, a sofa in my room, free internet and Barbara who graciously printed tickets etc, advised on how best to spend my 4 days and generally ensured that I had a very enjoyable stay... what more could anyone want?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Wife Julia and I travelled through Vienna for a 2 night stay in November 2012 and were very fortunate to spend our time with Barbara at the Stadtnest BnB. We made an error in our original booking (thinking we were arriving a day earlier than we did) and Barbara could not have been more understanding.

The room was lovely with a very comfortable bed and functional and clean bathroom.

The breakfast was amazing (organic food a definite plus) and Barbara was a wealth of information about her lovely city (as well as being a pleasure to chat to). She also lent us a copy of the famous "Third Man" to watch which greatly enhanced our visit to the Reisenrad.

The BnB is close to many shops, restaurants and 2 train stations, and despite our short stay we had an amazing time in Vienna and would love to come back some day soon.

Thanks Barbara!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stadtnest Bed & Breakfast and Apartment? Share your experiences!