“Good and Nice price in this time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Arcadia

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Arcadia to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Arcadia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Max-Winter-Platz 5, Vienna 1020, Austria (Leopoldstadt)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 20%
Ranked #170 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Good and Nice price in this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

New Year Is really expensive in every place. I was trying to spend less with hotel in my 20 days trip in Europe. Viena, of course, is most expensive city that I visit. But I payed less in this hotel. It is really good! It is do close Metro Station and easy to go to downtown.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Located near the Praterstern U-S-Bahn station, it's a mere 10 min away from the city center. The 3-person apartment was clean and spacious, and the bathroom was really big. Great breakfast too, and the staff was helpful and friendly at all times. I'll consider this hotel for my next visit to Vienna.

Room Tip: The 3-person apartments are spacious and nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The room was comfortable and clean and the location was convenient with train station near by. If you are attending an exhibition this hotel is close to the exhibition center and not more than 25 min from the airport by train.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

It's a strange feeling to wake up looking at the shower. It made me feel as though perhaps I might have fallen asleep in the bathroom! But no, it's just the odd design of the single rooms in this hotel. The double rooms have a separate shower room, apparently.

I stayed here for three nights on business. The first night I slept badly. The air conditioning makes a frequent racket. It sounds like someone is pouring water on the roof and down the walls. Noise travels easily within the hotel as well so once I was awake (much too early), I couldn't get back to sleep. However, once I had got over the idiosynchrasies of the hotel, I actually quite liked it. The rooms are a decent size with high ceilings. The bed, although seemingly soft, gave me an excellent 2nd and 3rd nights sleep. The breakfast buffet offered plenty of choice and I always think it's a good sign when the orange juice glass isn't a thimble. The shower, although it is in the bedroom, seems new. Water pressure is average but I was on the 6th floor. There is good lighting over the sink and an extra wall mounted vanity mirror which is always nice. The wifi is free and worked with no issues. The desk in the room is either too tall or the chair is too short to work comfortably for long periods but as I didn't spend much time in the room, this wasn't a problem for me. The hotel was kept very clean. Full marks to the cleaners - I don't get to say that often.

The hotel is very well situated for exhibitions and conferences at Messe Wien. It was about a 5 - 10 minute walk, depending on shoes and how much you are carrying!

The service was friendly and whilst the bar isn't overly well-stocked, at least you can get a beer or soft drink when all the surrounding bars and restaurants have shut.

My colleagues spent over an hour trying to locate the hotel with an old satnav. I think they ended up in most of one way streets and cul de sacs in the area. My taxi driver, with his new satnav, had no problems. If you are planning on driving there, make sure your maps are up to date. Also, the whole area has parking restrictions although these are not clearly marked at all. So if you do leave your car on the street, make sure you check what time you have to move it by if you don't want a fine.

I think the hotel is very good value for money, especially as it's in a European capital city. If I attended another exhibition in Vienna, I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Wipol1020, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Arcadia, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Weary235

Thank you for your extensive feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Concerning the A/C, a service team is already checking the system.

Furthermore we are allready planning a routing system for making it a bit easier for our guests to find us.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0043 1 505550688.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have genuinely never stayed in a smaller room in my life!
We have just stayed here for 2 nights for a conference I was attending, the hotel is fairly well furnished and clean throughout but it struggles on the size front. I was staying in a double room which barely had room enough to walk around the 2 single beds next to each other - I was so surprised that I went to reception to ask to speak to the hotel manager and was told that nobody had seen him for over a week nor knew where he was which wasn't reassuring. The breakfast is pretty poor - the scrambled egg looks like cake its so over cooked!
I wouldn't stay here again but it wouldn't be a disaster if you ended up here for a night or 2 if other hotels weren't available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I totally loved everything about this hotel.
It is located nearly in the centre, near U-Bahn and S-Bahn station Praterstern, it's just a couple of stations away from the heart of the city, Stephansplatz, and the hotel lays in the quiet district neighbouring to the humongous amusement park Prater.
In the metro station vestubule there is a supermarket, which is open even on the National holidays, till late evening. Not far from the hotel is another supermarket, open on weekdays though.
The hotel is probably the cleanest in whole Austria, I ever stayed in.
The breakfast was nice.
Rooms are cleaned everyday. They provide you with all the necessary toiletries, with pair of slippers, alas no bathrobe
In the basement is a small sauna and fitness room, so you can even exercise, which is nice.
Recommend it as a good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wipol1020, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Arcadia, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Ellysee

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We picked this hotel because it had a good price, has a central and easy to reach location and had a nice design. All of these came true. Hotel is within walking distance from the U-bahn station Praterstern and yet in a quiet neighborhood. The room had a nice style, was clean and offered everything we needed. The breakfast was good but a bit chaotic during the peak time between 9 - 10 in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Caspar81

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Arcadia

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Arcadia? Share your experiences!