“One word: Superberb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mini

Mini
Marchettigasse 11 | 1060 Vienna, Vienna 1060, Austria (Mariahilf)
+43 1 5954483
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 2,887 Restaurants in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mariahilf
Description: The Mini is a perfect combination from Bistro, Restaurant, Wine Bar, Cocktail Bar, and Smooth Jazz Lounge. The friendly and elegant atmosphere you will be received by Hungarian hospitality and a touch of casual elegance, so whether you want to enjoy the internationally inspired Hungarian cuisine, the fine large wine selection or the perfect cocktail.
St. Gallen, Switzerland
“One word: Superberb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have seen quite a lot of restaurants and thsi was again one of those Safires. A bit out of the centre, but worth the walk (or Underground trip).
The attention of the tsaff, the quality of the food and the extrome braod choice of Hungarian wines is not easy to level or exceed. The know-how and the enthousiasm in telling what they can make you for eating is already catching which is finally supported by what they promised. Special flavours, nicely plated, superberb cooking, fresh ingredients. One of those stars which are hard to find.

• Visited May 2014

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Best Duck I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I will never forget this meal. I was visiting a friend in Vienna, and on my last night there, we decided to splurge on really good food, so we picked Mini by chance. It was a rainy night, and the moment we got there, someone greeted us and took both our coats before handing us over to a server to seat us. The lighting was dim, and the space was small in a cozy sort of way, but the decor made the space feel classy, too. We both decided on getting the same thing: Roasted duck breast with wild mushroom risotto and red beet sauce. The duck breast was cooked perfectly with crunchy skin on the outside of each thick slice. The texture was soft and juicy, and reminded me of perfectly cooked steak. I never knew duck could be cooked this way and taste this amazing. The mushroom risotto was warm, savory, and earthy, and the red beet sauce balanced and complimented all the other flavors extremely well. My friend enjoyed the combination so much, he made it a point to have a bit of everything on the fork as he ate each bite. It was the best meal I had in Vienna, and the best meal I ever had in my life. I will never forget this meal.
Given the opportunity, I would go to this restaurant again (to eat this again, but also) to try the chef's other dishes.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Austria
“Absolutely worth it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great selection of hungarian vines, excellent cooking using modern methods, staff knows what is doing.....always happy to come back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bucharest, Romania
“One of the great restaurants in Vienna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Mini is a Hungarian owned restaurant close to Pilgramgasse subway station.

Although there are not many food dishes, each of them is extraordinary in the way of haute cuisine. This is not your touristic eat pork cabbage sausage wurst and other type of restaurant.

The service is excellent, you can stay inside or outside if the weather allows you.

The prices are much smaller than I was expecting. For the main course, a beer and desert I paid around 25 eur.

I recommend this restaurant any time you're in Vienna and want a delightfull evening.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went on a Saturday night and had the duck and risotto - absolute perfection. Had a bit of a waiting time but there was live music and good service. My companions had the lasagne which they said was amazing and had a kick. All food very reasonable prices. Definitely can see why it's so highly rated on tripadvisor.