“Customer Service as it should be” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 364 Hotels in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Marbella, Spain
“Customer Service as it should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

It started as we arrived on the pavement outside the hotel. A cheery welcome, can I help you , bags taken from us and we were shown to reception to check in.
Every member of staff we met was genuine and friendly and could not do enough for us.
Stayed in a delux room which was fab. King size bed crisp white linens. Had every thing you could possibly require.
There is a very good Steak restaurant in the hotel where they offer a range of different steak knives to eat your meat with. Must confess I know nothing about different types of knives so chose one with a pink handle. The steak was excellent and just melted in your mouth.
Would I come back to Vienna yes a beautiful city. I would definitely choose to stay at The Ritz Carlton worth every penny

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, easy to get to everything but just outside all the super busy streets. It was very easy to find and easy to take the public underground train to and from. The location was a major plus for me since I did not have that long in Vienna. My room was beautiful, beds were incredibly comfortable, and I loved the bathroom (spacious and with everything you could possibly need). The room was large, plenty of storage and counter space. I loved the coffee and tea in the room. I hate to say anything negative about my experience because ALL the staff was so nice and so helpful. The ONLY exception was the concierge. I found him to be unhelpful and pretty unwilling to organize or suggests activities to me. Like I said I had a short time in Vienna and was looking to the concierge for help to fill my time so I could see the most in a short time and he really didn't help at all. Additionally, he gave me no help on dinner reservations, which I really was looking forward to having a good meal in Vienna. With that said, every other staff member was beyond nice and helpful. The doormen, the welcoming staff and check-in, and the women downstairs by the pool were wonderful. I really enjoyed having a glass of wine at the roof top bar, the views were stunning especially with the setting sun. Lastly, I still cannot believe this type of hotel does not include wireless internet in the rooms for free. You can use the free WiFi in public areas of the hotel, but at this price point, I think it should be provided for free everywhere. Overall the hotel is very nice and the rooms were perfect. I am just not sure I would spend the money to stay here again, given I was more interested in getting out and experiencing Vienna then being waited on in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ManagerRitzCarlton, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the location of the hotel as well as the quality of our rooms was well received by you.

However, I am exceedingly sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the services offered by the concierge. Our Ladies and Gentlemen at The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna should always strive for excellence and in your case we obviously failed to provide the service we are known for. I kindly ask you to accept my sincere apologies for that and would like to assure you that we have shared your highly appreciated feedback with the team.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna in the near future to give us the opportunity to prove that it is the professed mission of all of our Ladies and Gentlemen to provide the highest level of service. Please do get in touch with me for a future reservation request and I will be happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Matthias Vogt

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

On arrival we realised passports and car keys were left in the (nameless) taxi. Top service from the hotel team and all was returned to us that day. The room (6th floor) was delightful. Huge beds walk in shower and a balcony. Swimming pool and spa absolutely perfect. The best European hotel we have stayed in. Staff exceptional and concierge managed to get us last minute tickets for Carmen. At only £25 above ticket price. Really a wonderful trip

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had a lovely, bright room on the 5th floor. Wonderful bed. Individual, sufficient lightning. A well equipped bathroom (separated toilet and shower, even a clothesline to let your bathing suit dry). Sufficient closets. Nicely decorated. Blinds in the windows.
The concierge was excellent : two had wonderful tips (very specific : hiking trip in the outskirts of Vienna and a few modern architectural sites) and lots of patience and attention. Overall staff was very professional and attentive.
The swimming pool is a delight for making a few laps each day. For a hotel the pool is rather big, but unfortunately no more than 3 can make laps at the same time. The fitness room is well equipped.
The restaurant is a grill : lots of meat, very well prepared. Good wines, also Austrian. The lay-out is very spacious. Staff again is very professional.
One downside : wifi is only complementary for 1 hr / 24 hrs. The other is the lack of a nice breakfast room.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room which faces any exterior street. The windows will keep any noice outside if th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lugano, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Vienna is a perfect weekend destination and we try to visit at often as possible. I was very excited to see a Ritz arrive last year and finally managed to organise a visit. The hotel is good, no doubt about it. The problem is that there are quite a few other high end hotels in Vienna with the same (if not better) location, staff and amenities and unfortunately the Ritz fails to stand out and impress.

The lobby is indeed with low ceilings, but as this is dictated by the construction of the original building, one cannot make complaints about that. However a big disadvantage was the location of the breakfast room - in a windowless area in the lobby itself, right across the reception desk. Comparing with other hotels I've visited in Vienna, this was a major disappointment.

We stayed in a deluxe room, which is the most basic accommodation in the hotel. The room was on the small side, but beautifully appointed. The furniture had nice leather accents and top end door and drawers mechanisms, which was a nice touch. It was a pity that such beautiful furniture was kept in such unprofessional way - the glass tops of the tables were in desperate need of a good cleaning. Bathroom was lovely and with a window (something quite rare), which we really enjoyed. Unfortunately, comparing to other similar hotels, bathroom amenities were a bit modest - nothing extra that you might expect from a hotel of this caliber like bath salts or oils for instance. The towel situation was also a bit disappointing.

One would expect the rooftop bar to face the Ringstrasse and St. Stephen's Cathedral. It turned out that it mostly faces the opposite side of town. Of course Vienna is beautiful in every direction, however, I would have preferred to face the threes of the Ring rather than the concrete ugliness of the Intercontinental.

Although the above problems may seem minor, the Concierge was a total disappointment. During my 3 days there I tried to ask for assistance with dinner reservations 3 times. The first evening I was assured that everything was OK only to arrive at the restaurant and discover that no reservation had been made. The second and third time no one was answering the phone, and as I was not willing to go to the concierge desk in person, simply picked up my mobile and made the reservations myself. This unfortunate experience overshadowed the otherwise excellent service that the hotel staff provided.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 16 and 17 have windowed bathrooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerRitzCarlton, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna!

I would like to introduce myself as the General Manager of the hotel while I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the hotel and the services offered. I can completely empathize with your feelings about the lack of experience with the Concierge Team and the cleanliness in your room.
Therefore please allow me to extend my most sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us.
Please be assured that we have shared your collated feedback with the respective department heads in order to improve and prevent those incidents occurring in the future.

At The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna our Ladies and Gentlemen should be responsive to the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests. It is our highest mission to continuously build The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna into a place which is full of genuine care and comfort for our guests. However, we obviously failed to provide the service we are known for. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Please do get in touch with me for a future reservation request and I will be happy to assist.

Best regards,

Matthias Vogt
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The last week in April, we traveled to Vienna for a sales convention payoff with Columbian Life. The flights were long & exhausting but the Ritz welcomed us and refreshed us for a fun-filled week. The hotel staff was fabulous, very service-oriented and very happy to assist. Food was great but you cannot find a Bud Light anywhere. I did miss the availability of ice machines. The room was beautifully appointed & spacious. We did have a challenge getting the room cool enough but we just opened the windows. The Spa "suites" were unique for a massage. Loved our trip!

Room Tip: Make sure the a/c control is lifted.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Wonderful Easter stay with family and friends at this hotel; excellent customer service from Dominic Scheider and a fabulous picnic (for a long train journey) from Sebastian Gassen. Restaurant is very good - steak-oriented but many other enticing dishes - presided over by Simon (no surname) who pretty much opened it for us, when already closed, after a late night at the opera.

USP is the roof-top bar with wonderful views although I didn't make it to the luxurious-looking spa (but could have done with this after the time spent in the bars and restaurants). And a 24-hour smokers lounge too!

Returning next weekend - seriously.

Room Tip: Get a club room or suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna? Share your experiences!