“Ritz Carlton, Vienna, Austria” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 363 Hotels in Vienna
Millburn, New Jersey
“Ritz Carlton, Vienna, Austria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Even among Ritz Carlton properties, the Vienna Ritz is in a class by itself. I had a corner room with a wrap around terrace that was the epitome of European elegance in a completely modern way. The staff - every single person - was knowledgable, attentive and immediate in responding to any inquiry. Distrikt, the restaurant, is not to be missed and the breakfast featured a mix of European, Asian and American favorites. The location is perfect - this property is not to be missed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay here. I was upgraded to a larger room. The staff was very friendly and polite upon check in. The room was very clean and put together with a large closet, and the bathroom was very nice and spacious with separate toilet and shower. The shower and toiletries were really good quality as well, and the shower pressure was awesome. I enjoyed the location of the hotel. A quick walk to the Opera and all main sights. We even walked to the Belvedere from our hotel one day. I don't want to sound nitpicky but I will point out a few minor things because this is obviously the Ritz--and I had just come off my stay at the Four Seasons in Budapest. I felt some of the details as far as the room and service weren't typical 5 star. There was a portion or two where the carpet had become unglued or something and it popped up and made a crunching noise when stepped on. No big deal but thought it was odd for a brand new hotel with the Ritz name. The other odd thing was there was never any turndown service. Again, no biggie but had just come off the Four Seasons where the room service and staff overall was outstanding and left little cards about Budapest or the weather, etc. So it just felt the attention to detail was missing a bit. Other five stars (like the Grand Del Mar) will do turn down and leave a chocolate covered Oreo or mint or whatever. Again, nothing to cry over, but sometimes it's just the little extra things in a 5 star hotel that make it more memorable. The pool was nice, but it was a little cold and there is no warm Jacuzzi--just an attached area to the main pool that has jets. So the pool experience was a little disappointing from what I was expecting. However, overall, the hotel had what I am looking for--super clean hotel with nice amenities with a good location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
St Louis,Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wonderful 3 night stay. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the Club Lounge. The breakfast offerings were amazing. I was pleasantly surprised to see zanderfilet on the menu and had it each time it was offered. This is a fish I cannot get at home and have been dreaming of! I am now dreaming again of this fish. The hotel rooftop bar had wonderful views of Vienna and we enjoyed it our first night but it rained every day after that so glad we did go the first night. The room was compact but the space was designed so that it didn't feel small. Television offerings were not so good. If you like financial news you will be fine. The pool was very nice as well as the steam room. Concierge in the club lounge were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay on the Club floor and take advantage of the complimentary food and drink you will not regret it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Beechworth, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were delighted to stay at this Hotel. The façade oozed character and charm. The Reception staff treated us like celebrities. We felt very special. The room (standard) was of a very high standard - spacious, very comfortable and top spec. furnishings. The bed was extremely comfortable. The marble bathroom was absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed our 2 night stay very much. We were only a short walk to visiting the beautiful architecture in the area. The breakfasts were very nice although the seating arrangements were a little unusual as some of the seating were lounges and it felt a little awkward eating on the first morning. The second morning we made sure we sat somewhere that had better seats. One breakfast staff member seemed to ignore us a bit and it seemed obvious when a business man was asking to be seated as he gave him much more attention. That was simply our opinion. Apart from that I would highly recommend this Hotel. The standard and quality was second to none!!

Room Tip: Any room will be a good room!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I came back to the Ritz in Vienna for a sightseeing trip with my family.
We got a great room with a nice view over the ring road. There was a special welcome for our kids which they loved. Also during checkin they got offered little toys.
Breakfast was great and even it was not included we went everyday.
Klaus, the breakfast manager remembered us after the first day and knew all our requests on the 2nd day...WOW...Also the chef on the egg station was super friendly and helpful to my kids which is unfortunately rarely to find.
The pool area was great and spacious and the kids loved it. Also there the staff was super friendly and helpful.
THe concierge team (too bad I can't remember all the names) was very helpful with giving tips and arranging trips for us.

Check out was smooth, transportation arranged as requested.

Overall I have to stay that you can stay for sure cheaper but it's for me worth every penny. Such a warm service you find rarely!

We wil come back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Vienna for 5 days. It's very well located and the staff is simply outstanding but it's the product where the hotel lacks. It doesn't seem the owner and designer have spent much money on interiors, the quality of furniture and the over all product is quite average. It has a nice spa and gym.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Location - on the Ringstrasse tram way, next to the Stadt Park. Easy walk to old town, by the No.2 Tram stop.

Room - The hotel is so new in a historic ex-bank building. Beautiful architecture, motion sensor lighting in the elevator foyer and floor foyer. Our room has no view, fairly good size. good size walk-in closet with iron & ironing board. Nice bath amenities. very upset no newspaper and turn down service in a Ritz. Nightly turn down should be standard.

I was astounded to find empty teabag wraps (not just one) in the teachest, Some guest might prank, and housekeeping staff are not checking closely. I called housekeeping and told them this is unacceptable by Ritz Carlton standard. With a Nepresso machine, I would hope there is a UHT milk carton in the fridge rather than powder creamer.

Service: Staff looks professional in someway cool or snorbish. That's ok They are rather friendly. But Concierge is stern yet not very informational . At arrival We were shocked as our car pulled in to main entrance yet NO trace of bell staff!!! I had to walk in to the reception to request service, yet this is another major flaw. On our check out, Front desk staff Philip V. was very helpful arranging bell staff to haul our bags to Imperial hotel which is the next block too close for a taxi ride. Very kind front and bell staff. I heartfelt tipped the bell boy.

F&B: The hotel is rather quiet except at times some Chinese were lounging and talking loudly at the front lobby lounge. Breakfast spread is good at the ground floor lobby lounge.
The 7th floor roof top bar offers a panoramic view of Vienna, yet it closes at 9pm was a bit early in summer time.

Didn't try out the Gym since Vienna has so much to offer.
We will return to Ritz while hoping the minor flaw could be improved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna? Share your experiences!