“Beautiful but terrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 369 hotels in Vienna
Sydney. Australia
“Beautiful but terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lovely hotel in a great spot but lots of problems with heating/cooling which were not handled well at all . Absolutely no recognition of issues and nothing at all offered for the inconvenience of having to change rooms twice in 4 days. Terrible excuses gien for why the room was boiling hot or freezing cold - due to a change in the weather sir. What a load of crap! When you are paying top dollar as a business traveller then you expect to get service commensurate with what you pay. That is why I always balance my reviews with the cost of the room. I do not expect a $50 a night hotel room to be perfect but when you are paying $600 or so at a corporte rate then yes I do expect perfection or close to it.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you want genuine service and a willingness to help
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Ritz Carlton Vienna offers a Casual atmosphere, Great central location, very nice Club lounge. New hotel only 9 months old. Staff is devoted and will do the extra expected at the Ritz. Restaurant on site is also very good. Rooms are nicely decorated with new age style, not your typical Ritz but this hotel is great, will go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed in many 5* hotels in Vienna over the past years for both, business and pleasure. This time I decided to go for the city's newcomer, The Ritz Carlton. I am so glad I did! The service from arrival to departure can only be described as outstanding. It is very attentive yet discreet. The staff show a lot of pride in their work and seem to have been trained very well. The interior is of high quality and very stylish which is exactly to my taste. The Spa and the rooftop bar are amazing too, you won't find this in any other hotel in Vienna.

I have found my new home in Vienna and I am already looking forward to return!

Room Tip: Visit the rooftop bar
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a pretty new hotel in a great central location with spectacular service. I stayed for three nights on a business trip. I was upgraded to a junior suite. The suite was not particularly large, but was well furnished, practical and nicely decorated. It was more contemporary than most Ritz hotels. The living room and sleeping area was separated by a wall that was open on both sides. As a result, the sleeping area was not completely private. This was fine for me as I was not entertaining, but could be a draw back in other circumstances. The bath room is very nice with lots of marble, two wash basins, separate stall with toilet and bidet, soaking tub and shower. The hotel is located very close to Stadtpark and Cathedral of Vienna with many fine restaurants within an easy walk. Breakfast is served just off the lobby and has a nice selection with made to order eggs. I thought the fruit was especially nice. The weather was nice and we enjoyed a few glasses of wine on the roof top bar, which was delightful. As good as everything else was, what really puts this hotel a step above is the service. I was always addressed by name and they could not have tried harder. Very well done.

Only complaint is the car service from the airport. The driver did not arrive on time and I had to call the hotel to track him down. He then proceeded to talk on the speaker phone, while I was trying to call home on my cell phone. I thought he was very rude! The car was a nice new E Mercedes, but the driver spoiled what should have been a nice trip

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Took a chance on a new hotel during our Christmas vacation, and we were not disappointed. I have stayed at other Ritz properties, but this one was the best by far. I wish I could give a higher rating for service, it was exceptional. The hotel is gorgeous and the club lounge is one of the best. The location also cannot be beat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a regular customer of ritz Carlton hotels I decided to stay at the Vienna property. The hotel is very new, just 8 months old, so everything still feels very new and unused. The style may seem a little different than other ritz carlton hotels since this property was supposed to be for a different chain, however they changed it to Ritz Carlton right before opening I have been told. Thus the style is a bit more modern than you would be used. The service and staff is great. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I had booked a deluxe room and I have to say that I found the room quite small. The in room continental breakfast was quite poor (some bread, butter,3 jams) relative to the price. I was very disappointed by the internet connection as it was the slowest I had ever experienced. Also the TV channel selection needs more improvement, there wasn't even CNN.
As a conclusion, The Ritz Carlton Vienna is a good hotel but probably not quite the best in Vienna.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevators. Some rooms can be a very long walk away.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I don't have a bad thing to say. I stayed here for work and we had a conference at the facility. The location is great and walking distance to everything in the Ring. It is also close to Public Transportion if you want to go to the Old City.

I stay at a lot of luxury hotels and I can say the service and staff are one of the top 3 hotels I've ever stayed at. For example, during breakfast I was sniffling because of allergies. The staff noticed and brought me tissues (without being asked). He asked what was wrong and I said it was just my allergies. Later that day the same staff member found me and introduced me to the head of housekeeping. They said they were going to deep clean my room to help prevent any dust that may aggregate my allergies (without being asked)!

I never even said anything, and this is something they proactively suggested. Most places would just say, 'I hope you feel better.' I have a few more examples, but needless to say, the staff was friendly, very well trained, and really treated their guests well.

My only suggestion is for the rooftop bar to be open later in the night.

The Ritz isn't cheap, but they are willing to make it a great experience and cater to your needs, even if you don't even ask!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Vienna? Share your experiences!