“History made in Austria” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 180 Activities in Vienna
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Come along on a mysterious journey into the heart of the historical city of Vienna. You will learn the history of Vienna in 50 minutes, in a 1200m² monastery, which is 400 years old. Let your personal tour guide take you into the mystical vault and experience the award winning 5D cinema, where you will travel 2000 years back into the past.Time Travel will introduce to you in person, the Habsburg family and the famous composers Mozart and Strauss. In an original Air Raid shelter you will feel the horrors of World War two. Last but not least, you will fly over the roof tops of present day Vienna in a Horse carriage Ride. With Time Travel you will experience the perfect day in history!
St.Pölten
“History made in Austria”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you want to get a glimpse of the rather curious understanding some Austrians have of their history - go for it! According to the wartime section allied forces Austria got occupied (!) by allied forces in 1945, not being liberated until 1955. Kind of disrespectful towards any American, French, British or Russion visitor, wouldn´t you think? Oh, and by the way, the holocaust obviously wasn´t a big enough deal to make it into the show. Aw, comeon! That´s just the kind of twisted understanding of our national history they were teaching us in school. That this "attraction" opened up close to the 75th anniversary of Hitler´s occupation in 1938 makes it even worse. As for the rest of Viennese history: Turn off your mind and expect the usual Kitsch.

Visited March 2013

• Greek first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California, United States
“A Quick and Fun History Lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I ran a bit late so they were hesitant about letting us in, but we told them that we didn't mind missing the first portion. We didn't get to see the initial "time traveling" portion of the show, but the rest of the show was really informative and fun. My headset reset twice, but the staff were very patient and helpful and made me feel very comfortable. Go if you like history and technology, don't go if you want an actual person to talk to you.

Visited January 2013
Tel Aviv
19 attraction reviews
“Well worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Time travel vienna is a new age multimedia history tour to introduce Vienna's colorful history.

The movies and tour are high quality, very interesting and give a lot of interesting facts. We recommend starting off your vienna trip with this venue to put things in perspective.

The price is a little steep but it is well worth it.

Vienna, Austria
3 attraction reviews
“A Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I brought my two-year old with me and did not know what to expect. We ended up having a great time. The attraction was dynamic enough that it held her interest, and I learned a lot about Viennese history. I thought this was a really fun, interesting attraction and I intend to bring all of our visitors here in the future (we live in Vienna).

Visited February 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Interesting, entertaining, fun and informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a really fun attraction in Vienna. It went through the history of Vienna with a series of interactive performances, including 5D cinema experiences, characters from the past and a great combination of history and culture.
Our tour guide (whom unfortunately I've forgotten the name of) was amazing. Despite the fact we spoke English we never felt left behind, she went between German and English so well. The audioguides were very well incorporated too. If visiting Vienna, I would definitely recommend this attraction!