“An exceptional day with Peter” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 180 Activities in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Peter will be your local guide in Vienna! Admire the charm of the imperial city with me and hear, not only the facts about the 640 year old regency of the Habsburgs`, but also humorous, erotic and unbelievable details about the lives of the empress and emperor. Smile about grotesque courtly customs and shudder over murders, unsolved deaths and other criminal tales. It would be my pleasure, as a state approved tour guide.
Boca Raton, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“An exceptional day with Peter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I arrived in Vienna November 25, 2013 and Peter met me at my hotel at 10:00 AM, right on time. We then explored Vienna on a full day tour. I did a 3 hour driving tour mixed in with a 3-4 hour walking tour and it was a truly wonderful experience. It was my first time in Vienna and by the end of the first day I truly knew more information about the city then some people that have lived there forever. He took me to many beautiful places and laid out a perfect iteniary for the next 3 days for me to do on my own. I am going back to Vienna in May with my mother and would not hesitate to use Peter again. He is full of life and character and truly enjoys what he does. So look no further, you found your perfect guide in Vienna.

Frank N

Visited November 2013

Patchogue, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Wienguide should be ranked #1 Peter was the best guide you could hope for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We spent 20 days over in Europe and did private tours all over and like most I researched and read reviews and researched again, knowing the guide can make or break the city and your time there. We were going to be in Vienna for 3 days and wanted to see as much as we could and the best way to see any city is by private guide.....but also commiting to 3 full days with a guide is nerve racking because personality is a big factor on how the days will go..... and Peter was THE BEST... from the first few minutes of our first day touring together I knew we were going to love spending the next few days together. Peter not only was so knowledgeable about his city he was passionate about it. He has an amazing way to give the history of this beautiful city without it feeling like a textbook history lesson. Peter was able to "tweak" each day to fit our personalities as well. Everything we got to see was thanks to Peter, and we saw so much and covered so much ground including a day trip to Budapest in those days. We could not have seen a fraction of the city without him as well as eaten at great local places....we not only love the history of cities when we travel but also the food and Peter nailed all aspects of food and culture...
Peter became apart of our family while we were there and we will stay in touch because he is that nice of a guy. Do not hesitate to book Peter you will not regret it for one second. He is the best that Vienna has to offer!!!!!!! He is #1 in our book.

Visited October 2013
Granite Bay, California
8 attraction reviews
“Expectations Greatly Exceeded!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was our first visit to Vienna and with a city with so much to see and to experience, it can be a bit daunting to plan an itinerary even for the 2 and 1/2 days that we were to be there. As I usually spent a good deal of time well in advance researching and evaluating what tour company or guide to use especially in major cities such as Vienna, there is no sure outcome. You'll hope for the best based on your research and the well written reviews of others. But it still comes to combining that along with your own experiences and instincts. With that said, you hope for the best outcome but a bit of anxiety is always part of this process. You don't know until that first greeting and the following next part of the tour if you've made the right choice. I find that within this time frame, I'll have a pretty good idea of how things will turn out and if my expectations will hopefully be met and might be exceeded. It may be that my expectations may be of a different standard of others. Who's to say? But in these type of reviews, there is, I believe, a fairly common standard with experienced travelers.

With that being said, Peter of Wienguide Private Tours, greatly exceeded all of our group member's expectations. Plain and simple, we all had a great time. Our driving and walking tour encompassed about 9 hours and enabled us to get both a great and comprehensive overview of Vienna's main sites and it's rich history. Throw in the fact that he is quite pleasant and personable, has a great sense of humor with the right amount of theatrics, is extremely knowledgable about Vienna's rich history and it's celebrated past and current inhabitants and is also very knowledgable about it's economics and social trends, makes for a tour that shouldn't be missed.

Although we couldn't spend a lot of time at all the sites, Peter was quite the strategic planner and organizer in making sure that our tour was both enjoyable and very informative. For example, he was able to make sure that we got to see the Schonbrunn Palace and have a rest break with a light snack. He drove through the historical city center pointing out some sites, stopping when we wanted to and even explaining and showing where Lenin drank his coffee at this historic and still open cafe. He stopped in front of a simple church to point out that most of the Hapsburg royalty and family members are buried there. We drove into an area where the city was much more modern and different than the old city. He explained how the Danube was controlled over time to prevent the city from being flooded as it had been much in its past. Peter took us to this quiet area to visit the Minoritenkirche which is a small church which has a stunning mosaic of the Last Supper. His story about the history behind that piece of art was amazing in itself. From the history of the Sacher Torte to the visit of the Hunderwasserhaus, there wasn't really a time where we weren't seeing something of interest or learning something. I could go on and on but you can pretty much get the picture. He left us with such a great overview that we were able to tour the city effectively over the next day to to see some the sites in more detail.

Also very importantly, I can tell that Peter has the ability to adjust the pace of a tour to meet the needs and ability of a group. However, if you're game and receptive, he has that unique ability and range to take a tour group to a higher level. That is the kind of tour that I look for when visiting a city like Vienna. Peter delivered that and more. When I go back to Vienna, I won't even think to call anyone else.

Visited September 2013
Vienna, Austria
“a complete pleaure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our tour guide, Peter, was an complete pleasure to tour the inner part of Vienna. He had an amazing grasp on the history of the town and was able to give both historical information as well as the personal stories behind all the sites we went to. His personality gave our tour a touch of zest, any question we had was answered, and sometimes lead to fun facts or interesting stories. Even with the cost, this was 100% worth it.

Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Introduction to Vienna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We spent a three hour walking tour with our charming tour guide, Peter who met us at our hotel first thing Sunday morning. Peter, a very approachable and laid back person, definitely knew his history. It was a delight to learn all about Vienna with this extremely knowledgeable guide. You can tell, that he LOVES Vienna. WE felt like we definitely received our money's worth and would highly recommend Peter to others. I only wish we could have spent more time with Peter to explore the countryside. That will have just have to wait for our next visit. Thanks Peter!

Visited September 2013