I didn't plan to choose this hotel, we just didn't book any hotel beforehand and just were looking for one when we arrived to Vienna. I was really pleased when I walked into the hotel Rathaus but before I did it I didn't expect much. The hotel is really nice, designed in modern style, really nice old building, very nicely renovated. All the rooms are named with different kind of austrian winery and you can of course find this wine in the room's mini bar.
Lady in front desk told me the room is 118 EUR but when I checked hotel's web site, it shows higher prices so this was definately something I would not expect. Cheaper room for a walk in !!! Superb !!! The breakfast is 15 EUR per person but it's worth it big time, it was actually the best thing about the hotel although everything else was great.
Hotel is situated nearby all the sights of Vienna, within walking distance to all museums, shops etc. It is also very quite.
The room was very nice, great bed and mattress. Very modern, design style, open bathroom :) we did like it a lot ! AC was working perfectly and WIFI access was for free. There was also no problem with street parking as the hotel does not have its own parking. There is a garage parking one minute from the hotel but it's no problem to park on the street.
Just accross the street there is a tiny, cute Mexican restaurant run by a mexican couple. Realllllyyyy good food with fair prices. If you ever sleep in Rathaus and like Mexican food it's a MUST !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unusual hotel concept in Austria’s capital, Vienna. The Hotel Rathaus Vienna Wine & Design represents the Fleischhaker family’s pleasure concept with its vinophile philosophy. At every step you will be confronted by the theme of wine in the modern design hotel: the wine cheese on the breakfast buffet, the wine guglhupf with your coffee, the wine cosmetics in your room – wine is simply everywhere. Intensive dealing with a vintner is the invitation of each of these 39 tastefully furnished rooms. The individually designed double rooms are each dedicated to a top Austrian vintner, who provides noble wines for the “somewhat different” minibar.The director Conrad Schröpel and his team are happy to share the sensory experience of drinking wine with their guests. The wines of the Vintner of The Month are discussed unpretentiously in the wine lounge over glasses of wine, and knowledge of wines and vintners is exchanged in an uncomplicated manner. Tasting are also naturally organised on agreement – for individuals, interested guests and for small groups or conference participants. Austrian delicacies, prepared according to recipes by the house chef Klaus Fleischhaker, round off the hotel’s unique indulgence offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rathaus Wein And Design Wien
- Hotel Rathaus Wein Design Wien
- Rathaus Wein Design Wien Hotel