My husband and I travelled to Vienna for a long weekend between business trips to Austria and Germany. When booking this hotel, I was concerned that the location would be further away from the main attractions since we only had a short time in Vienna. We found transportation to be no problem - about a 10 minute walk to one of two U Bahn stations located close by. The amenities included mini bar stocked with wine and beer for purchase, free wireless Internet, every toiletry you might need (including washclothes), and complimentary breads and olive oils to have with your drinks in the evening. Unfortunately, it rained one day and we were offered umbrellas to take with us. We considered purchasing a Vienna card for our visit but we were advised that the 48 hr ticket for transportation might be a better value for us. We were able to purchase this at the hotel and were given instructions on how to validate the card. The staff could not have done anything to make our stay in Vienna easier or more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An unusual hotel concept in Austria’s capital, Vienna. The Hotel Rathaus Vienna Wine & Design represents the Fleischhaker family’s pleasure concept with its vinophile philosophy. At every step you will be confronted by the theme of wine in the modern design hotel: the wine cheese on the breakfast buffet, the wine guglhupf with your coffee, the wine cosmetics in your room – wine is simply everywhere. Intensive dealing with a vintner is the invitation of each of these 39 tastefully furnished rooms. The individually designed double rooms are each dedicated to a top Austrian vintner, who provides noble wines for the “somewhat different” minibar.The director Conrad Schröpel and his team are happy to share the sensory experience of drinking wine with their guests. The wines of the Vintner of The Month are discussed unpretentiously in the wine lounge over glasses of wine, and knowledge of wines and vintners is exchanged in an uncomplicated manner. Tasting are also naturally organised on agreement – for individuals, interested guests and for small groups or conference participants. Austrian delicacies, prepared according to recipes by the house chef Klaus Fleischhaker, round off the hotel’s unique indulgence offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rathaus Wein And Design Wien
- Hotel Rathaus Wein Design Wien
- Rathaus Wein Design Wien Hotel