“Fantastic Hotel in Vienna city center” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Opernring 13, Vienna A-1010, Austria (Inner City)   |
Ranked #66 of 364 Hotels in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tehran, Iran
“Fantastic Hotel in Vienna city center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

A modern 5 star hotel; good location near city center; helpful reception staff. Nice room with good facility and very big bathroom.everything is clean. Hotel is OK generally and I offer it for everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear “TAMember082320121“,

thank you very much for writing such a wonderful review. We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your impressions with us and we are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed your days in Vienna.

Our location is certainly already a nice benefit but what is even more important to us is the fact that you felt comfortable at our hotel and that our staff members were responsive to your needs.

We would be all delighted to welcome you soon back and I rest on your disposal for any kind of requests.

Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm an SPG Gold Member, rating this Hotel the worse 5 stars ever,
Upgrade as promises not provided.
A/C not working probably, and they shifted us to lower floor near by the gate, where we can't relax or sleep coz of cars horns for parking.
2nd night started hearing a loud knocking noise from the roof which kept us awake all night.
after complaining, they fix it, however it start over again early morning the 3rd day

we were expecting as a return for our bad experience was either a free night or even free parking, which is the usual case with any 5 star hotel
but in return we were offered a free breakfast upon our checkout...

They made our trip horrible becoz of their poor services..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear “UAEPrince”,

Thank you very much for sharing your honest and open feedback with us. We appreciate that you have taken the time to write us your impressions and all your comments are taken under serious consideration.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. As you booked an executive twin room it was not possible to offer you an upgrade to a higher room category, as we only have twin beds in the deluxe and executive category. Definitely not excusable is the malfunctioning of the air conditioning and I am very sorry that even though we offered you a room move, the second room was neither to your satisfaction. Your feedback regarding the knocking noise got forwarded another time to the technical department to make sure where this noise was coming from and that it is eliminated properly.

Certainly we wanted to compensate your bad experience at least a little bit and for this reason we also offered you 10.000 Starpoints credited to your SPG account.

You are without doubt one of our most precious guest as you are also a Gold member, so it saddens me even more that your last stay with us was very disappointing. We would appreciate a second chance from your side to convince you from our quality and services.

If there is anything else I can do for you or for one of your next stays within a Starwood property, please do not hesitate to contact me any time via katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com. I rest on your disposal and hope to welcome once again at the Le Méridien Vienna to proof your trust and loyalty in our company.

Kind regards,

Guest Relatios Supervisor
Mississauga, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had a wonderful nights stay at the Le Meridien for our first anniversary honeymoon. We got a free upgrade and a bottle of champagne to welcome us. I found the room and service to be exceptional and would recommend it to all. The hotel was a little hard to find at first but that has to do with our poor mapping skills.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear “pinkcess”,

Thank you very much for your great review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It was a pleasure to host you for such a special event and congratulations to your marriage!

Certainly we wanted to create some special moments for you during your honeymoon and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities.

We would be all delighted to welcome you soon back and I am sure with your second stay you will find our hotel much quicker :)…So hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I took to CAT train from the airport, switched to the metro and walked a block to the hotel from the Karlplatz stop. This was the end of three weeks in Europe for me and I enjoyed the little perks of the hotel after traveling so long (a real bath tub!!! large room, free minibar and ice cream). Excellent location - I walked everywhere in the city center and took the metro to Schönbrunn Palace. I booked through hotwire and was not disappointed! I will stay here again, booking directly with the hotel, if I return to Vienna!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear “VABEACH_LISA”,

Thank you very much for sharing your nice feedback with us on Tripadvisor. It is great to hear that after your “road trip” through Europe you found some relaxing days at our hotel and it was our pleasure to host you.

Our location is indeed very comfortable but it makes us even happier that also your room and its amenities were to your satisfaction. Did you actually know that our free standing Victorian bath tub was designed in three different colors to fit the color theme of each room?

We would be delighted to welcome you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna and I personally rest on your disposal for any kind of needs.

Playa Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Le Meridien Travelocity

Arrived at the Meridien pretty quickly coming from the bus terminal in Vienna. We hopped on the subway and got off at Karlspatz; it's about 15 steps in the direction of traffic from the Karlspatz subway stop.

Modern Elegance is how I would sum it up. The front desk staff was pleasant, inviting and enthusiastic. I'm a platinum and was upgraded to an Executive Suite which was amazing. Vaulted ceilings, lots of light and free mini bar (limited to beer, sparkling water and soda juice, but still cool) and of course, lots of space!

The hotel room, although modern, is still very charming and warm. Might just be Vienna as well!

It's across the street from the Vienna state opera and has just seemed like a great location, centrally located to many sites.

I used the pool and gym, very clean and small to medium sized. The pool is a very small lap pool but sufficient to get the job done.

I highly recommend this hotel for your stay if you do want some of the old world charm that the others hotel might bring.

I read about how some people thought it was swanky or high brow and I'd have to say that Starwood offers a variety of hotels and each carries a consistency in brand and ambiance. So if you are looking to celebrate something special or live it up a little then this is the right hotel for you. If not there are plenty of hotels that might fit your specific need better!

Room Tip: If you can use points, trade for the Suites. Executive suite was amazing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear “Darkiber”,

Thank you very much for your great review regarding your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. I do think that your title “modern elegance meets the warmth of Vienna” describes our hotel and our service commitment at the best and we appreciate that you shared those impressions with us.

As you are a SPG Platinum member you truly belong to our most precious and regular guests within Starwood. We value your loyalty and it is always a pleasure to surprise you with a nice upgrade upon availability.

We are really happy to hear that our associates welcomed you warmly and were always attentive to your needs and your feedback got certainly forwarded to them. Great that you could also enjoy our facilities and small extras in the room!

We would be all delighted to welcome you soon back at our hotel and I personally rest on your disposal for any kind of requests.

Beaver Creek, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

To be clear: this is a high quality hotel in the heart of Vienna. You'll be comfortable here. We were treated very well and my shaky German was of course no issue since the staff are top notch and fluent in English (we did not find this to be true in all of Austria). Service was great, and our room was very large, especially be European standards. There is this sort of nouveau feel to things with overdone artsy headboards and showers that don't have doors and have a stripper pole in them. Sexy, right? But everything gets wet. And the lobby seems to double as an art gallery. I had a great time there but it was a bit much for me.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
FrontOfHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Vienna, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear “Don B”,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of your last stay at the Le Méridien Vienna. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time in this beautiful city and that we could contribute to your experience with our services and quality.

Our hotel and its art elements surely leave a lot of impressions and I am sorry that you were a little bit overwhelmed of those details. The lobby area was design to experience a new feeling of arrival with an “off the mainstream” character. With conceiving our shower we never thought about a stripper pole though…but thanks for that input, we are always open for new ideas :)! But being serious again - we do have also showers with door and we would be delighted to note this request for your next reservation, to make sure that everything is perfectly set for you.

We do hope to welcome you again at our hotel and I personally rest on your disposal for any kind of requests. Please do not hesitate to contact me via katharina.grafl@lemeridien.com for any inquiries.

Warm regards,

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for many years already and it is my preferred choice when I travel to Vienna. The hotel is just facing the Opera, it is at the heart of the city and next to U2 subway station, which has great connectivity everywhere. The hotel is surrounded by green areas, which make it an excellent place for walks and relaxing moments.
The hotel staff is extremly nice, welcoming, always smiling, caring and will make your stay very comfortable.
The rooms are all arranged in a very specific, modern style and design. Glass and wood are the leading components and they make the room look very 'fresh'. The complimentary minibar is a very nice feature and I appreciated very much the spaciousness in all types of rooms.
The gym is outsourced to a fitness company - it is nice although it is small. The only problem are the opening hours - especially during weekends the gym and pool/spa are opened within a very small time range. The massage at Le Meridien are great, they are a bit expensive, but professionally done and very relaxing. The spa/pool area contains a pool and a jacuzzi. Additionally there are chairs for relaxing and the whole area is very neat and clean.
The continental breakfast al Le Moet is a nice alternative although I prefer to have breakfast outside of the hotel - there are several places very close by that offer even a better breakfast and you can enjoy the Viennese atmosphere.
Overall the hotel is a very moderm and stylish place and it is always a great experience for me to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Ring might be noisy due to the traffic. Rooms on the 7th. floor have a terrace.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear “Pat K”,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions about the Le Méridien Vienna. It is great to hear that our hospitality always brings you back to our hotel and it is certainly a pleasure to host you.

Your comments about our services are proofing that our daily efforts by our associates are well recognized and appreciated. As you are one of our regular guests you are very familiar with all of our amenities and we are happy that you can benefit from those. Our recreation area has indeed limited opening times on the weekends, from 09.00am to 07.30pm. But as we would like to offer our guests a healthy and fit stay throughout 24hrs, your key card can be coded for a free access to the fitness area off the opening times. Just ask for that next time upon your check-in!

Vienna has truly so many culinary sides to discover and it would be a pity if you would not try those charming old cafés with delicious Viennese breakfast. We might seduce you though next time for a great breakfast at our Shambala restaurant were you will be awaken with all your five senses :)!

I hope to see you soon back at the Le Méridien Vienna and it would be pleasure to meet you in person.

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Supervisor

Been to Le Meridien Vienna? Share your experiences!