“Delicious and great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Vienna, Austria
“Delicious and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I really enjoyed dinner here! The atmosphere was really young and cool. All locals. Prices were fair. Two thumbs up!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
  • Polish first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Fabulous Japanese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was not expecting to have japanese food during my stay in Vienna, but following a suggestion from hotel concierge I decided to go to Mochi and what a surprise for me.
Food was not just excellent and very creative but also in as price good enough for the quality.

Visited July 2013
Vienna, Austria
“Very good japanese cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went there yesterday after booking a week in advance. The place is really busy, so booking is recommended. We sat outside. The chairs are very very basic and extremely uncomfortable even if you put the blankets offered by the personnel. Also if you sit outside exactly in front of the entrance you strongly feel the smell from the kitchen air condition.
The service was very good. We were served fast and the waiters were attentive. Now coming to the food. I think this is the best japanese restaurant in town. We had a spinach salad with a dressing of miso and balsamic vinegar. It was fresh and very tasty. The Okinawa seafood salad with seaweed and slices of octopus, and few types of fish was also very good.
As main course we tried the Crab with mayo souse. The crab is cleaned and then fried. also very taste. We loved the spicy salmon rolls with avocado. The salmon tartar is marinates in something and the result is delicious! We drank a wine by glass. The Riesling and the Gruner Veltliner were both nice at at reasonable price 3.6 Euro/glass.
I think this restaurant is a good value for money. We paid 60 Euro for two and drank and eat well.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food Prepared In Front Of You”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Mochi was rated #2 on Tripadvisor when I went there. I did not book but turned up and managed to get the last seat in the house.
I had the spinach starter which was surprisingly simple and simply delicious, followed by the tasty soft shell crab and and a shrimp tapas.

Because of the crowd there was a wait for the food, but I enjoyed the "fusion" ambience of the place while sipping a bottle of beer or two.

Vienna, Austria
“Pricy but good Japanese cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We liked the service, the wine choices and their grilled vegetables are tasty. Mochi is probably the best place for sushi.

Visited July 2013