“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #172 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife, eight-year old son and I recently stayed three nights at the Hargita. It is a very clean, well run, affordable place. It could not be better situated, on one of the top shopping streets in Vienna with a subway stop right out the door. Clearly, this is not a five star hotel, but if you are looking for a clean, conveniently located place to sleep it is hard to beat. The staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast was quite tasty. This was my third stay here and I would go back again if I am in Vienna.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I went here because they had someone in the internet searching for clients and I couldn't find rooms at that time for the hotels in Vienna because they had 2 important Conventions.
This is a guest house located in a very old building with stairs going up in spiral, many stairs more than what other reviews said, and they have the rooms in some of the old apts in the 2 and 3 floors.Its very scary at night and a very dark buiding inside at night.
The stairs are very dangerous to come down and it was no light on the 3 floor , the lights will go on as you walk, and then get dark again., making it difficult for me to open the door to go inside the apt and then the room.
The room they gave me had the toilet outside and the shower was attached in the room with a plastic wall and the water would come outside in the floor. The owner doesn't want to take credit cards to evade taxes like another traveler said in his review in another site and intimidates people because he wants cash.
The owner demands people to pay cash and you have to argue with them so they can take my credit card and at the end they overcharged me 50 euros and came to my credit card $75.00USD for 10 days more than $700 = $$$$ too much money . , more than was suposed to be for the exchange.
I found a Hotel that was few stops before; a Real hotel with breakfast for less price and the wife"s owner said to me they clean the floor with your towel, for me to stay in her place.
the last day before I left I told one of the women who cleans to dry my floor because too much water was coming in the floor , and for my surprise she took my towel that I used that morning to dry my body to clean and dry the floor with it. I was in SHOCK to see that what the owner said they do in other places is what they are doing in this pension!!., very disgusting yes, and very dissapointed!! if I knew before I will never stay in this place!!! Also they don't want to change the bed sheets until 5 or 6 dys later and the towel after 3 days., or more. Now you can imagine how they clean? The location was the only thing ok.
The most important TIP You paid money to sleep and have a rest right? This place has no quality of sleep at all because is very noisy and you can heard the cars from the main road in your room all night long and there is no heat or Air con. If you care about good quality sleep don't come to this place. They have many pension- guesthouses in the same main road very clean and for the same price , just walk around and you will find them. Oct, 2011

Room Tip: If you want to SLEEP WELL find another place, and if you don't want dangerous stairs stay away.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lakeport, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I traveled to Vienna with 3 friends in October. Excellent location for subway to all anyone wants to see!! Very friendly staff and very clean rooms! They were VERY fast to clean and re-supply our room! Breakfast was good, not outstanding, but got us ready for a day of walking. We had a GREAT view of the streets. Lots of outlets to re-charge our cameras and phones. Unfortunately, WiFi was restricted to one person only. I would assume this will improve in the future.

If you have any trouble walking or climbing this is NOT the place for you! The lobby is one floor up a wide spiral and our room two more floors up. However, there are convenient benches on every landing for resting. LOL

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The pension is very clean ,it has an excellent wi fi signal ,a very good breakfast ,big beds and a nice view of the Mariahilfer Straße .I come here for 8 years and i still belive this is the best place for come and go shopping and to visit the rest of the city because the U bahn si in the front of the pension ;)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The service was outstanding and the room was very clean and comfortable. Great location and kind faces! I would recommend a stay for the convenient location and for the staff which tries its best to please the customers!!! 5 out of 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: I got room 3 if I remember correctly - very clean and quite if you close the windows.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very close to the subway and only a few minutes from the city center. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Street noise can be a problem and I advise against traveling during a heat wave (no aircon!).

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a couple of nights at this pension. I chose it because it was recommended in The lonely planet book.
The pension is well located in relation to te town centre. There is plenty of shops around, cafes and also fashion shops.
The room that I got was facing the main road. I'm a light sleeper and therefore the noise was horrible for me. The problem was that I had to leave the window open overnight because the room gets quite warm and they do not have aircon.
I asked for a room with toilet and shower and the room and bathroom were quite clean and tidy. I also included breakfast and paid $5 per day for it. I was quite dissapointed after the firt day as I was offered the same breakfast every single day after: bread, boiled eggs, ham and cheese and cofee (or tea)
When I checked out I asked the staff member to remind me the sum I need to pay. I didn't get a receipt in the spot apparently b aide the accountant was not in that day so the staff member offered me to send the receipt by email. When I received the receipt, a day later or so, I realised that they had charged me more that what was originally quoted. In general I have to say in dissapointed about my expirience at the pension. Very sad indeed as it was recommended.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Pension Hargita? Share your experiences!