“Funky, Modern and Central” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lamee

Save Saved
You added Hotel Lamee to your Saves list
Hotel Lamee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rotenturmstrasse 15, Vienna 1010, Austria (Innere Stadt)   |
Ranked #43 of 369 hotels in Vienna
Perth, WA
“Funky, Modern and Central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over New Years this year and overall it was a good experience. The rooms are a little on the small size and we had to rearrange some of the furniture to be able to fit our 2 cases in (however we don't exactly travel light!) but the decor is modern and welcoming and the beds are comfortable.

The hotel is located right in the heart of the historic centre, only a short walk from Stephensen Platz and the main shopping area. There is also a Metro station in Stephensen Platz which I imagine would be very convenient for exploring the city. If you stay here, make sure you check out the very classy multi level market hall next door.

The hotel advertises that they have an alliance with a local gym where guests get a discounted rate, but on visiting said gym we were informed that there was no such arrangement, however they did take me at my word that we had been told there was and gave us a reduced rate.

Breakfast, although a little on the expensive side, is probably one of the most amazing breakfasts I've had! Has to be seen to be believed. Just beware. Soft boiled eggs means VERY soft boiled eggs!

Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Prague
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Lamee is a great design hotel, but unfortunately quality does not meet expectations. Firstly when I moved in and asked for internet password I've been told at the reception there is no internet available in the hotel. Explanation was simple - its a new hotel, not everything is working yet. Only when I said that I do need internet for work and will have to move out receptionist called the manager. Manager came over totally ignored my presence and started explaining to the receptionist how to print out codes.

Second issue is the shower, in my room (64) drainage was not up to the speed and water was overflowing to the bathroom floor if you put water on for then 20 seconds. I found out about it the bad way - whole floor was covered in water when I got out of my first shower. I think its not the only problem with pluming, carpet next to the bathroom was constantly wet for 2 days I stayed there. Wearing slippers in room was not a big issue but room started to have a dump smell and I expect it would get only worse.

So all in all, hotel has great location, room very well designed and staff is friendly but I would avoid this place at least until the middle of 2013 to make sure all the operational issues are resolved.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PhilVienna, Manager at Hotel Lamee, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Alena_l!

your Tripadvisor posting has come to my attention. First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us in our brand new Hotel Lamée & taking the time for your vital feedback. I must confess, what troubles me most is that one of our managers seemed unfriendly, rude and even worse totally ignored you. Since your portrayal does not quite clarify who exactly this manager was, I can assure you that I have investigated who was at work, on the 10th of December and have expressed my disappointment with each and every team member who could have been the culprit.

On top of that I have immediately instructed our technical manager to fix the drainage problem, which you encountered in your room. Next to your wet feet and the damp smell, this faulty drainage can cause a lot more harm. So thank you again for pointing this out!

Further I would like to thank you for your understanding that the Hotel Lamée just opened, nevertheless this should not be an excuse! Rest assured that we take you critic very seriously and do hope you will recognise our efforts upon your next stay with us.

Please do let me know when you are heading to Vienna, I would be more than obliged to welcome you back and proof to you that we have undertaken every action to make your next stay and enjoyable one!

with kind regards

Philipp Höll
Director
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

If you want to sleep in a really comfortable bed in a good hoel then chose Lamee. It is located next to Dallmayr's fantastic food building right in the center of Vienna.

The hotel rooms are not huge but the design and feel is modern and functional. The shower in the bathroom is a shower full of power. The lights work so you can see yourself around the room, except my wife wanted better lighting for make-up. A woman thing!

The huge TV pops out from small sideboard and the quality is what you have at home with 50 channels. The Nespresso works and this time the minibar was free - soft drinks only...

We had a problem with the shower yesterday - it only showered burning hot water... Not a problem said the recepetion. We got a key for another room and showered happily... it was repaired a few hours later. The staff are young and friendly. We were offered a complimentary breakfast. This was an experience but we preferred a more simple coffee and croissant at Dallmayr. The waiters/waitresses in Cafe Bloom were professional and very pleasant.

An excellent hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Lamee? Share your experiences!