“Stunning vegetarian restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tian Vienna

Tian Vienna
Himmelpfortgasse 23, Vienna 1010, Austria (Inner City)
+43 1 8904665
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 3,012 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Organic, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Description: TIAN experience taste At TIAN you can dine refreshingly different - unique vegetarian cuisine! TIAN is a place that is full of delights for the senses. For our guests we create the finest vegetarian dishes from superb ingredients and with a joyous passion for experimentation. The restaurant offers light lunch dishes daily and our weekly special: the combinable TIAN light lunch menu. In the evenings, let yourself be whisked to realms of exciting flavours with our gourmet menus featuring 4, 6 or 8 courses.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Stunning vegetarian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We are not vegetarians but having had the owner's concept explained to us, we fully concur with his thoughts that an alternative to the heavy dishes so often served in Vienna, was desirable. He has created a beautiful restaurant, employed excellent knowledgeable staff & Chefs who concoct dishes which not only look like works of art but taste like it. This restaurant would convert many a meat eater to a vegetarian diet. This is a MUST visit for any "foodie" visiting Vienna. TIAN is heaven indeed where ChrisTIAN eats his own food!

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Horndean, United Kingdom
“Wow! The food tastes as good as it looks - and that is special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've never been inspired with meals on previous visits to Vienna so dining at Tian was a first for me! The service was excellent and the food interesting both to see and taste. We selected from the Tian Classics and their experience showed. I started with an Avocado-Mango salad. It was neatly centred on a large plate and also comprised a plank across the plate carrying a pot with layered mousse and a wine cork shaped mouthful on a stick. Delicious! My fellow diners all enjoyed the exotic caesar salad. The Venere Risotto with Piedmont hazlenuts was simple and gorgeous but it was with the sweet course that artistry and taste combined supreme. The Ambrosia with pineapple, coconut and parsley was served in a wineglass shaped dish with small cubes of pineapple surrounding a delicate small green jelly (parsley?) surmounted by a red flower bloom and the jelly impaled with a cream coloured shard. If it was almost too good to eat the Crème Brûlée with saffron and bergamot topped with a delicate sponge on which was a delightful tiny pansy like bloom ran it a close second. However it was the Milky Way with with rice, buttermilk and litchi that was the table favourite for imaginative presentation. I'll upload pictures of all the courses as I just had to photograph them all. That was not the last surprise as I have never seen sinks like those in the gents. I just had to photo that too! A flat sheet, run through with bands of coloured light. Will definitely revisit when we next visit Vienna.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Most amazing dessert I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went to Tian with friends and family looking for something a little lighter and healthier than the usual fare I expect from Vienna restaurants, and I have to say I was most definitely not disappointed! The restaurant itself is a lovely, light airy place with a very comfortable atmosphere (the sinks in the WCs had me wishing I'd brought my camera into the loos!) and the service was prompt and unstuffy, but the star was definitely the (seasonally determined) food. I had a beautifully presented 'exotic Caesar salad' which was light, fresh and delicious, a very good pasta main (though I have to say the Piedmont hazelnut risotto my fellow diners had was even better, and strikingly coloured), and a dessert that literally made my jaw drop when it was presented to me. I had ordered the 'Milky Way' which was described on the menu as a rice pudding with lychee and something else - it sounded pleasant but I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as pretty as the desserts that greet you when you enter the restaurant ... How wrong I was! It was visually the most stunning dish I have ever been presented with - a literal solar system on a blackened plate complete with a metallic blue tinted meteor flare biscuit in the home-made ice-cream centre. It would have been a true shame to eat it if it hadn't been so delicious! Go to Tian - it was worth every penny and I'm very much hoping to go back myself in future!

New Haven, VT
“Wow! Wow! Never knew veggie could be so good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was one of the best dinners we had in a 14 day trip. This is veggie heaven. The dishes were tasty and the presentation works of art. The service was Class A.

I doubt there is a better vegetarian restaurant anywhere. And unless you must have meat with dinner, this restaurant will blow you away.

Horsham
“Make a point of visiting Tian - you'll love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stumbled on Tian while looking for somewhere to shelter from the rain (and cold wind! but what do you expect this summer?). The menu is brilliantly conceived and the lunch was tasty, beautifully presented, and proudly served by very friendly staff. The décor is delightful and the restrooms are stunning - you could visit them a few times and still be intrigued by the underlit flat sinkunits that create a glittering waterfall - coool with a capital C!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere