“3 star?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tulip Inn Vienna Thueringer Hof

You added Tulip Inn Vienna Thueringer Hof to your Saves list
Tulip Inn Vienna Thueringer Hof
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jorgerstrasse 4-8, Vienna A-1180, Austria (Formerly Thuringer Hof Hotel)   |
Ranked #274 of 363 Hotels in Vienna
S England
“3 star?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

The hotel was more a 2 star than 3 star. It was very "tired" looking and not very clean. It was very noisy - traffic and trams all night. The buffet breakfast was poor. The staff were very welcoming on arrival but that was it, even collecting the room key at the end of the day was an inconvenience to them.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Starnberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

The Room was excellent. The Breakfast Buffet was superb.
Will go there again when i am the next Time in Vienna!

Stayed November 2009
Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

Vienna is a must for us around Christmas. Last year it took me ages to find suitable accommodation in Vienna, so this year I started my search in mid-November. For a party of three it is not always very easy to find a suitable room. The Hotel Thueringer Hof offered a triple bedroom within what seemed to me walking distance from the Christmas market in front of the Town Hall. As we were to arrive after 6p.m., I phoned the hotel to let them know about the late arrival. They kindly assured me that the room was ours irrelevant of the time of our arrival as I guaranteed the booking with my credit card.
It was extremely difficult to find the hotel with the help of the description that the booking agency offered on their website. (Yes, we did have a GPS until recently when it was stolen from our car. It hasn’t been replaced yet.) We could park our car in the hotel garage (backyard) at an extra cost of 6€/pd. During the check-in procedure I could smell something strange in the reception area; a couple of dogs, as it turned out soon. They were either in the back-office or in the backyard. But the smell was quite strong. As for the expected walking distance to the Christmas market, well, it was my mistake. Public transport facilities are excellent though, tram and underground stations are just across the street (5 stops to the market). One of the things I like about Vienna is its atmosphere; it is not just the usual shops, clothes, restaurants that you get in any European city. A bit of the Monarchy feeling has also been retained. Well, the Monarchy feeling was persistent in the hotel, too. My euphemism means that the hotel needs a serious facelift. The whole property is slightly tatty, I find the four-star rating rather generous. Breakfast was OK, nothing special: a bit of cooked things, but more of the usual cold choice, something I would call typically three-star. All in all, this is a simple hotel with somewhat worn-out appearance, marked dog smell, but with excellent public transport facilities to the centre. It is not the level I think of as four-star but the price is reasonable. Finally, there is one thing which I found extremely funny. There are mirrors on the walls of the corridors, but they are only for people above average height. My husband and son, one of them around 180 cm, the other well above, said that too bad for me, the problem was with my height (164 cm) rather than with the mirrors. I am not quite sure.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2007

We stayed in Thueringer Hof at the begining of september, 2007, and we were very satisfied by our choice. The hotel's staff is very friendly, willing to guide us whenever we asked for indications for the touristic objectives of Vienna. The breakfast was excellent every morning. The rooms were cleaned every day, towels and sheets changed very often, too. The only thing missing was a balcony, but we really didn't mind that too much. As for the location, this hotel is extremely close to the subway station AlserStrasse. Also, next to it you can find one of the greatest places to eat in Vienna, CENTIMETER.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

We stayed at this hotel over the easter break. It should definitely have one of its 4 stars knocked off. Staff were very brisque. Breakfast ends at 10.00 a.m. sharp. Items are whisked away, music lights and airconditioning switched off - so don't be late. We changed rooms 3 times before we were given a satisfactory one and even then screws were missing from the shower fittings. We were there for 7 days and I would have expected our bed linen to be changed once during that time. There is no 24 hour room service. The cleaning of carpets was non existent. The rooms were shabby although money had been spent on the lounge and breakfast areas. This is more than a 15 min stroll from the main tourist beat. However, it was extremely convenient for trams and the underground station at Alser Strasse just across the road connected us quickly to the historic city centre. However, the hotel itself is situated in a rundown and seedy area with plenty of sex shops and clubs nearby.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

We booked a double and triple room using a local travel agency. Our triple room was 99 Euros. Hotel was located one block from Alser Str. stop (U6 line).

Staff was extremely helpful and spoke English. Postcards and stamps were available at the front desk. Internet service is available in the lobby for a small fee. Also, this hotel has an elevator.

Our triple room was quite roomy, clean and comfortable. After checking in, a small bowl of fruit was delivered to the room. Our room had cable television and ample closet space.

Breakfast consisted of standard European buffet items(assorted meats, cheese, cereals, fruit, yogurt, etc). Tea and coffee were served.

After checking out, the staff stored our luggage in a small room until our departure from Vienna.

At 99 Euros, this room was a great value. Although not located within the City Center, the hotel location close to the U-bahn is a great alternative.

• Stayed January 2006
Milano, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2005

I chose the hotel, as I found a convenient offer on the octopustravel website. I stayed 3 nights and had a pleasant time.
Reception is kind and will try their best to please your needs and questions.
Room is not big, but clean and well kept; breakfast room offers a huge selection of food and has a nice terrace overlooking a tower.

Hotel rises in an area that's not particularly attractive. All houses are dull and without a balcony, moreover the area itself didn't seem too safe to me either... but, really, you have no reason to aimlessly wander around it: save for a good icecream store close to the hotel, you'll want to go to Vienna's center as quickly as possible! And, with Alserstrasse subway station located, at most, a hundred meters away, you won't have problems reaching Stephensplatz within 15 mins.

In the end, I was pleased with the Thuringer Hof experience, and honors must be given to the reception, who showed elegance and courtesy.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Tulip Inn Vienna Thueringer Hof? Share your experiences!