This hotel is located in good location, its walking distance to all museums, opera, parliament. Its just few minutes walk to Karlplatz and Stephenplatz which are the happening spots of Vienna. The rooms are also comfortable and well furnished. Though the rooms do not have a good view (as this is a city hotel) they are comfortable. However, I cant say that my stay at his hotel was good BECAUSE THE STAFF AT THIS HOTEL IS BAD BAD BAD. .... I had booked myself two months in advance and pre-paid the entire amount, however when I arrived I was told at the reception that only the suit category of rooms is available. When I informed that I have already made and paid for the bookings in advance, they apologized and asked us to wait till the room was ready. We had no problems till then.... When they allotted the room on the lower floor, we requested if they can give us a room on higher floors as we were staying for 5 nights s and we were willing to wait till the check in time if the higher floor rooms were not available . Then out of nowhere one lady general manager came on the scene and the way she behaved was TERRIBLE. She said that she cannot give us any other room without extra payment as the hotel room. She said its business to take more payment when the hotel is overbooked. This type of behaviour was uncalled for from any hotel staff. She was quite elderly in her age so I presume she would have had good experience in hospitality sector but her behaviour said otherwise. She was crude to the core. I am surprised how a four star hotel can hire such a rude person. Either she was rude or she was being racist. Besides her all other staff at the reception was equally inefficient. They don't know how to behave with guests or talk politely. Initially I thought its an Austrian culture to talk rudely but I found that Austrian people are very polite and sweet. It was only MERCURE Josefshof's culture to talk rudely. Even at the check out we did not have very good experience. The staff could not speak proper english and could not explain us the locations or details of places properly. I did not expect such inefficient and rude staff at a hotel of Accor group as this groups hotels in India (Novatel and Sofitel in Mumbai) are one of the best hotels with excellent staff. I selected Mercure Josefshof only because it was a part of Novatel and Sofitel hotels. In short my experience was DISAPPOINTING.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna