As a hotel, this one is great. 5 minutes walk from the Town hall, and 10 minutes from the centre of Vienna. If you are on holiday and sight-seeing and don't need to work it is the ideal place to stay. The rooms are clean, the staff very helpful and each speaking 2 or 3 languages and the food at breakfast was excellent. It is conveniently located for most of sight-seeing in Vienna, and seemed to have a lot of “tourists” staying.
Sadly for me, I was there on business so needed to do work in the room. The Wi-Fi service, whilst provided free, was very hit and miss and prone to keep dropping out. It always took at least two goes to log on, and then 5 minutes later it would drop out.
If going to Vienna on holiday, it is the ideal place to stay, but if you need to work in the evening on your lap-top, choose another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna