Stayed at the Josefshof for a 3 night city break. Got a good first impression at check-in. The Reception staff were friendly and spoke good English (a good thing as my German is poor). Tourist maps and a pack of leaflets were also provided.
Stayed in a Standard Room (219). It was spacious enough for us, clean, all the fixtures and fittings were modern and in good order, there was an electronic safe for passports etc, was warm and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom contained and excellent walk in shower – with the option of using a large overhead or smaller handheld shower at the twist of a knob. Bathroom was also very well stocked with shampoo soap etc.
The hotel is situated in a quiet side street and our room which was at the end of a corridor faced an inner courtyard was very quiet.
For us, the hotel was a very good location – 2 mins to the tram stop and 4 mins to the Rathaus underground station – meaning it was easy to get around the city. Also for the Christmas markets – Vienna’s largest was a 5 min walk away at the Rathaus and the ones at Spittelberg and Maria-Theresien Platz no more than 10mins away.
The only niggle was the lighting in the room – it was a bit dim, especially in the bathroom by the basin / mirror.
However don’t let that put you off. We were extremely pleased with our stay at this hotel, it offered very good value for money (c£200 for 3nts) and we would recommend it to friends and family.
[Tip : if you fly into Vienna airport you might want to consider the CAT (City airport train). It only takes 16minutes from the airport to the city centre and you can buy your tickets in the baggage hall at the airport whilst waiting for your case. The trains run every 30mins. The Josefshof is then only another 5 stops away on the underground. Certainly a lot cheaper than a taxi]
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel
- Mercure Josefshof Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Josefshof Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully renovated hotel in the centre of Vienna, very close to Ringstrasse. The hotel offers 121 rooms, including 111 non smoking rooms, a breakfast room, garden terrace, bar and meeting rooms.The hotel is located in a small lane in the historic citycentre and most of the rooms face the quiet, leafy courtyard. Not far from Rathausplatz and Stephansplatz Squares, Parliament, museums, Museumsquartier cultural complex, Hofburg Castle and Mariahilferstrasse. Daily breakfast buffet served until 12 noon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mercure Josefshof Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.