“A very good, well run hotel” 5 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #29 of 364 Hotels in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cyprus
“A very good, well run hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago & found the K & K an excellent place to stay in Vienna.
The room was very nice looking over the park & it was also very clean.
Breakfast was always very good as was the service & choice.
This hotel is in the city heart & within walking distance of all the sites ETC.
I would stay here again if we go back to Vienna & certainly recommend the hotel to anyone.
Thanks for a very pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
KKPalaisHotel, Manager at K+K Palais Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear CyprusDonnaMark,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at K+K Palais Hotel.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel.

Your kind words have been transmitted to all our staff, as this is the best motivation.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Sutton England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

From the moment my wife emailed about the rooms to the moment we left you could not fault the hotel or the staff and we could not recommend the hotel highly enough.
It is ideally located overlooking a quite residential square so we heard no noise at night and yet it is a very short walk (50m) from the 3A City Bus and the No 1 Tram (100m) that takes you to Prater park or around to the Hapsburg Palace as well as to the Coach stop (100m) for the airport bus and the underground station (200m) at Schwedenplatz. There is an Aldi/Hofer and a Billa supermarket within about 50m if you need anything as well as a few bars and places to eat. The room was an executive overlooking the park, it was large with a huge and wonderfully comfy bed and all the comforts you could want although being winter it was too cold to open the windows.
The breakfast bar was incredible with smoked salmon and sparkling wine amongst a huge range of foods mostly aimed at a European market but with scrambled egg bacon and sausage for us Brits. The staff all spoke English and could not do enough for you. We think it fully deserves our 'excellent rating'
We booked the whole package through BA holidays
Some tips;
The bus from the airport runs every half hour and takes about 25mins, you can get the return tickets from the 'shop' in the terminal as you turn left out the arrivals exit and its at the top of the ramp, buses leave from out the front of the terminal, don't follow the Bus charter signs. The return for the two of us was 26 euros.
We toyed with the idea of a hop on hop off bus tour ticket or a Vienna card but instead bought a 72hr public transport ticket for 15.40 euros each at Schwedenplatz underground station from the machine. You validate it in the blue box by the entrance and then just keep it with you, you don't need to get it stamped or display again. We then just hopped on trams and tubes at will and it was very good value although walking is easy and a great way to see things.
As we were there for a few days we did a day trip to Bratislava for 15 euros each by train (1hr each way) from the Hauptbahnhof (tube from Schwedenplatz)
If you are going for a weekend trip then please note some shops start closing after lunch on Saturday and no shops open Saturday evening or any time Sunday apart from souvenir shops and eateries.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, the side rooms overlook a rather uninspiring courtyard
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Leigh-Harrington,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and detailed comment on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bucks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in K+K hotels elsewhere in Europe and always having been impressed, we chose the K+K Palais for a brief stay in Vienna. The hotel is located conveniently for exploring the city, with public transport links within just a few minutes' walk.

The hotel itself overlooks the quiet Rudolphsplatz square, which has a couple of bars and restaurants, as well as a small supermarket. It's an rest walk from the hotel to many of the central sights within the city.

Breakfast in the hotel offered a good mix of hot and cold options. The buffet included scrambled egg, sausage and bacon, plus cold meats, cheese and a selection of fruit, pastries and cereals. Other egg options were available upon request. There was also a selection of juices as well as sparkling wine. Staff were friendly during the service and kept coffee cups topped up!

Our room was on the fifth floor and overlooked the square. The room was a good size, although had twin beds rather than a double. There was also a sofa and a large shower. A pin code safe was available free of charge, as was tea and a kettle.

The hotel has free wifi throughout, and rooms also have ethernet connections. There was also the added touch of a Samsung tablet in our room, acting as the hotel guide book and with access to the internet.

All in all, an excellent experience, just as when we have stayed with this chain before. Would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Matt L.,

Thank you for choosing K+K Palais Hotel for your recent visit to Vienna and for your kind review.

I truly appreciate your positive feedback in regards to our location and our services.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future..

Kindest regards,

Wallingford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here for two nights on business. Its on a nice quiet square in the old historic quarter and a few hundred yards from the U. The staff were extremely helpful given my poor German and that this was my first time in Austria - they really made the difference for me with booking cabs that would accept cards, advising me on the underground system and drawing maps. The rooms were nicely appointed and the breakfast good, albeit continental only. I would definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear TravellingMatte,

Thank you very much for writing such a positive comment on TripAdvisor

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations.

Your kind feedback has been forwarded to our reception team, as this is the best motivation.

We thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Charlotte, N.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

K & K Palais is a great hotel in a great location. It’s in a residential neighborhood across the street from a park but only a few minute walk from all the attractions. The room is extremely large for european standards. The breakfast was very good and if you ask they will cook you eggs to order.
We booked a package which included 2 public transportation tickets, and tickets for the “Hop on Hop off sightseeing bus. Also a voucher for cake and coffee at “Café Central” Book this hotel you will not be disappointed

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Exceptional-Planner,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back in the near future.

Kingswinford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel ticks all the boxes for me. Everything about it is excellent. I first stayed there for five nights last September and enjoyed it so much I had no reservations about staying there for this recent three night trip.

The hotel is in a great location. It overlooks a quiet square and I don‘t recollect seeing a single car drive past the front of the hotel. Transfer from the airport is amazingly easy. The bus from the airport stops a five minute walk from the hotel. The 12km journey takes about 20 to 25 minutes and costs €8.00 and there is a bus every 30 minutes. My plane touched down at 14.10 and I was in my room 40 minutes later. You will gather that check in is very quick indeed. I simply gave my name and I received my key. I am obsessive about a quiet room and on my previous stay my room at the back of the hotel was perfect. I never heard a sound. This time, I emailed ahead to ask for a quiet room and I was given the exact same one. Although I am obsessive about noise I don’t think I would have a problem with a front facing room at this hotel as the square is so quiet.

The front desk staff are excellent. Very friendly and helpful. In fact, all the staff I encountered were superb.

My room was fine. Very clean with comfortable bed and pillows. Complimentary bottled water on arrival. There was also a kettle to make tea and coffee but complimentary drinks are also available in the business lounge where they can be enjoyed in comfortable armchairs.

The hot and cold buffet breakfast was first class. A great start to the day. The staff worked hard clearing tables and serving tea and coffee. Much better than many hotels I have stayed in where it is hard work to get a coffee refill.

Wi Fi is free and fast. No problems at all connecting. There is a desktop computer in the business lounge with a printer so it is possible to print boarding passes.

There is a small bar in the reception area but I didn’t use it. There are numerous decent bars and restaurants in close proximity to the hotel. It is only a short walk to either the Schottenring U Bahn or the #1 Tram stop. The latter goes round the Ringstrasse and is highly recommended. I bought a three day travel pass which gives unlimited travel for €15.40. Great value. It goes without saying that all public transport in Vienna is ultra efficient and clean.

I can’t think of much else to say about this marvellous little hotel. I guess I must be quite boring as, if I find a hotel I like, I keep going back. The K+K Palais is, without doubt, my hotel of choice when I am in Vienna. I will certainly be going back. My thanks go to all the staff for making my stays in this superb city so enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear ST1951,

Many thanks for your very positive comment.

I am glad to read that you specially enjoyed the location of our hotel, the room interior, the quality of our buffet breakfast and the friendliness of our reception team.

I forwarded your nice feedback to the entire team, as this is a great motivation for them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

greenwicn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the K+K 23-26th January 2014. The hotel was perfect in every way, the room was clean, large and tidy. The location was close to all amenities. The breakfast was small but had everything that one would like. Smoked salmon and Champagne was a real treat although we didn't try the champagne. Beautiful pastries and the hot chocolate was delicious. Absolutely outstanding in every way. No complaints and reasonably priced at £80 per room per night. A 5 minute walk to St Stephens cathedral.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to K+K Palais Hotel? Share your experiences!