This hotel has good location, it is within walking distance from the Westbanhof station and with good public transport connections with the city center. Room was of good size and clean. Bathroom is also large enough for all cosmetics a traveller is carrying around. Eventhough the hotel is located by a busy street, night noise was manageable.
On the negative side:
1. Performance of WIFI is poor. This includes also complicated login system. It is year 2014; wifi should be as self-evident as it is a soap in a bathroom.
2. When checking-in, it was explained that a bottle of water is included in price. On checking-out, the receptionist required us to pay for it. She was extremelly quick in stating the price. After our protest, she looked at the computer and nodded. This left quite negative impression; It looked liked she tried to charge something but she was not too unhappy with the failure. She might have more luck with next customer.
3. We arrived at the hotel at 13.00. We knew that check-in time is 14.00. But we were expecting, based on a years of experience, that room will be ready. However, it was just explained that check-in time is 2PM and that we need to wait for an hour. This might be true but it also might point to pointless sticking to the rules.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ARCOTEL Wimberger is located in Vienna’s vibrant 7th district and is a charismatic hotel with 225 rooms. A legend in Vienna since 1871 the hotel remains a popular place for celebrities, artists and cosmopolitan types to stay.The hotel’s central location makes it perfect for fans of art and culture as well as those who love to shop. Close by are Vienna’s main shopping boulevard, the Mariahilfer Straße, the Wiener Stadthalle, the city’s major concert venue, and numerous galleries and boutiques. The city’s museum quarter is also just a few minutes away either on foot or by public transport.The hotel has its own restaurant, the Restaurant WIMBERGERs wia z'Haus which serves traditional Viennese dishes and also boasts the most famous brunch anywhere in the city - WIMBERGERs Jazzbrunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your ARCOTEL Wimberger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arcotel Wimberger Vienna
- Arcotel Wimberger Hotel Vienna