We were quite pleased with our room - it was clean and comfortable. We also got decent pillows there, for which we were grateful. However, the hotel has its weak points:
(1) Location. This was the choice of Globus, so we had no say in the matter. It wasn't bad (on the west side of the broad boulevard that separates the 7th district from the 15th. But, it is a very long walk to the central part of the city and one really needs to get a 24 hour transit pass if one is staying at the Wimberger. Fortunately, one can get the pass at the front desk for 6.70 euros (currently). We took the subway from Westbahnhof into Stephansplatz and back on our full day in Vienna, but later the #49 tram near the hotel to get to our restaurant that evening.
(2) The breakfast buffet was chaotic and poorly organized, in our view. There was ample selection and the food was ok, but the buffet should be better set up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ARCOTEL Wimberger is located in Vienna’s vibrant 7th district and is a charismatic hotel with 225 rooms. A legend in Vienna since 1871 the hotel remains a popular place for celebrities, artists and cosmopolitan types to stay.The hotel’s central location makes it perfect for fans of art and culture as well as those who love to shop. Close by are Vienna’s main shopping boulevard, the Mariahilfer Straße, the Wiener Stadthalle, the city’s major concert venue, and numerous galleries and boutiques. The city’s museum quarter is also just a few minutes away either on foot or by public transport.The hotel has its own restaurant, the Restaurant WIMBERGERs wia z'Haus which serves traditional Viennese dishes and also boasts the most famous brunch anywhere in the city - WIMBERGERs Jazzbrunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your ARCOTEL Wimberger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arcotel Wimberger Vienna
- Arcotel Wimberger Hotel Vienna