“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have enjoyed a stay with my wife and young daughter at the Marriott. Our stay was in general nice and comfortable and have some positive experiences. Yet staying in high standards hotel chains we were a bit surprised and disappointed on a few points.

Let's be positive and start with the good:

1- Location (Walking access to Opera, downtown, plenty of very nice restaurants just in the neighbourhood, a nice park in front of the hotel)
2- Rooms very comfortable and spacious.
3- The Bed is absolutely divine and that is for me the most I look for in a hotel.
4- The service in general was very nice
5- Nice facilities (indoor swimming pool, fitness centre etc.)
6- Nice breakfast and important to note, the hotel has their own honey coming from the top of the hotel. That is quite unique and a nice feature. It also tasted great.

Less Positive points

1- A coffee cup placed in our room for complementary coffee or tea was not properly washed and had residues of coffee or tea on it. Luckily we also had paper cups for take away so I never bothered to do anything.

2- Breakfast: First day we ordered coffee and chocolate fro may daughter. Our order was forgotten and after reminder we did get it. The person was very sorry and that is fine. At the buffet, there was no bowls for serving the cereals. I have seen customer taking cereals in a normal plate (impressive). I have asked 3 times while at the buffet for the bowls. It took quite some time to have them and everyone seemed so busy. Even if it is a buffet, staff should pay more attention to customers needs, than just searching at cleaning tables to make space for other customers. That is valid for both incidents. The other days went much better so it was probably that first day.

3- Fitness / swimming pool : We really enjoyed to go with our daughter for the pool. The requirement which is pretty normal and that I follow blindly is to take a shower prior entering the pool. So I enter the men's change room. To my surprise there is one shower and 50 lockers ! A guest of the fitness was occupying the shower for quite long time (more than 20 minutes). I was patient, as I was on holidays and not running to a business dinner or meeting. I let the Marriott Management to think if one shower for 50 lockers is enough as when I came back there were 5-6 guests in the changing room. So I decided t take my shower up in my room instead.

4- Rooms: I was also surprised that there was no bathrobes available in the room and that we had to contact the hotel for them. Sorry Marriott, this is not something to ask for, not in your hotel category.

5- Vienna in the summer is nice and warm. Many cafés, terraces, restaurants with outdoor sitting. Plenty around the Marriott. Besides breakfast, we never wanted to have nor lunch or dinner in the hotel as it was dark and not inspiring on these beautiful summer days. So if you think to have an afternoon drink on your hotel terrace followed by a dinner... forget it you will need to go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The receptionist was vert rude, room looked like a 2 star hotel with the AC not working . We complained about it and we asked for a change of room , the answer was "all AC will only work after 6 hours of check in " ,, Never go there it ain't worth it .

Stayed July 2014
Vienna_Marriott, Front Office Manager at Vienna Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear valued guest!
Again, thank you for the feedback as we take guest satisfaction seriously. We hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards, Vienna Marriott Hotel Team
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you have picked Marriott only because of its big brand name, you're gonna get disappointed. The first day I arrived in the hotel I noticed that the plug inside the bathroom didn't work. It took 2 days for them to send someone to just take a look at that! They didn't fix it though and instead sent me a razor to shave!! I had to go to the reception desk for the 4th time to ask for help.. and ...this time they sent me an extension cable to get electricity from a plug outside the bathroom!! The services are also far from expectation. After all, it is Marriott and you don't expect, for instance, that the plates of breakfast stuffs remains empty for some time until you tell the folks to refill them. Likewise, you get simply puzzled when you are served a pot of almost cold or lukewarm water for the tea at your breakfast! The staffs are very respectful, it is fair to say. But the hotel seems to be badly understaffed and that's perhaps why services are not as it should be.
Also be careful when you want to take a shower. Don't get surprised if the tap water get cold early morning. It happened to me a few times.
In short, it is really not worth the money you've got to pay for this apparently brand name.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were there last week. Great hotel. Super clean and excellent location. Five minutes walking to the Center of Vienna. Cross street a very nice park with a Palace and a good restaurant. Five minutes to a lot of good restaurants. Definitely We will come back to this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed in Marriot in early july and we had a fantastic stay. The location is brilliant and is 10 mins walking distance Stephandom. The tram station is just outside the hotel and you can just move around easily. The concierge of the hotel really knew the place and we followed his instructions blindly. Cant wait to be back again soon!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to assist me. KLM lost my luggage and the concierge took it up on himself to make sure I got it back. He updated me every 30 minutes on the status and was very nice. The executive lounge was clean and filled with plenty of good food and snacks. Within walking distance to the hotel there were plenty of great things to see. I plan on staying again when I pass through at the end of the week.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel, as far as cleanliness goes, is up to Marriott standards. But it is incredibly expensive in terms of the buffet breakfast (EUR 33 per person!) and dinner at their restaurant (EUR 45 per person). Room service was also inconsistent; they messed up our breakfast order several times.

Note about their mini-fridges - do NOT move anything inside the fridge, if you wish to keep anything you bought outside. Moving bottles inside the fridge automatically triggers the billing system; you could end up being charged for something you did not eat or drink.

As a plus point -- this hotel is in a SUPERB location; right in the heart of Vienna's inner city, with a plethora of shops and restaurants right in it's backyard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vienna_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Vienna Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the time you have taken to share your experience. We regret that your stay with us did not fully meet your expectations and we would like to apologize for any inconveniences.We will share your valuable feedback with our Management Team and we will do our best to improve on the service that you mentioned. In regards to the Minibar System please be informed that this is a worldwide Standard Procedure. For further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us anytime, we sincerely hope to welcome you back at the Vienna Marriott.
Kind regards,

Been to Vienna Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!