“Expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
Killington, Vermont
“Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great rooms, location, and staff as you would expect from a Marriott. However it is expensive. Parking was $45 per night and we had to pay for internet. Breakfast was good but very expensive. On the plus side we walked to everything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott Vienna Hotel for 4 nights. It was within 5-10 minutes walk from the main tourist attractions (Opera house, Dom, Shopping street etc). We had a lovely big room and the bed was fantastic. Even my 6'5 boyfriend had a comfortable sleep. We would have preferred a seperate shower though.
Breakfast was outstanding and I really enjoyed designing my own omlette in the mornings with a glas of champagne! I only found one staff member (at a very full breakfast service) to be rude, however his mood really improved once he realised that we were polite to him rather than some other guests that just 'bark orders'.
We had no opportunity to make use of the pool/gym, but it looked to be in a good condition when we popped our heads in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Hotel is centerally located, on the Ring. Within a ten minute walk to all significant sites in Vienna. The rooms are fairly large and clean. It was one of the few Hotels that offered breakfast in the basic price. A draw back is that one has to pay for wifi connection, which in my opinion should be a given. It's a Marriot....

Stayed November 2012
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I found this hotel to be very clean and the room to be spacious. We arrived at the hotel late our first night, so decided to dine their and enjoyed a quiet simple dinner without hassle. The breakfast buffet was exceptional, fabulous juices, eggs, omelettes, sausage, bacon, pastries, and even fish and salad for northern Europeans, if desired. The service by the staff was right on target, efficient, but not invasive. Parking was a bit high, but we knew that, however, there is parking just a subway stop away if you do your research that is much cheaper if that's important to you. The beds were super comfortable and we asked for a quiet room that was, indeed, quiet and allowed us to rest easily. Only negative point would be one of the managers standing on the beautifully grand stairway over that opens up over the restaurant and beckoning to a waiter as if he were at his command. Other than that, the rest of the staff was great. Great location, as its very close to subway and bus stops, and withing walking distance to monuments.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, as that is an option
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tortola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was a bit disappointed by the choice of hotel for such a splendid city as Vienna. It is a typical Marriott hotel, modern, clean, functional. When I am invited to visit a city like Vienna, I always hope that my hosts will book me in a traditional hotel at the center of the old city. This is neither. It is on the outer edge of the center and it is modern. I had a very comfortable stay, but would not chose it if I had the choice.

Room Tip: Executive floor is best, but most expensive. I saw three rooms, they are all the same. They all suff...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in the hotel four nights in October. I was disappointed. Quite a bit things went wrong.

First, the room cost was over 200 eur per night. That (to my opinion) is outrageous expensive. No breakfast was included.

The room was spacious (two queen beds), but I was traveling alone and did not need all that space!! Instead, I would have wanted internet access: I was traveling for business. Of course, internet access was not included in room price, the connection was poor (low bandwidth) and connecting was complicated (needed to phone reception to understand that "..If you choose 'Price with VAT' in the extra menu, that means you are hotel guest").

My room was in 3rd floor and smelled really much cigarette (although the floor was non-smoking). I had to change room in the middle of my stay.

When checking in, the receptionist interrupted the process for several minutes to help a customer with internet access (yep, about everyone was confused about the connection procedure).

The location was OK, not too near any subway stations (other nearby hotels were closer to public transportation).

Room Tip: Room is large enough for two adults and two small kids. If you travel with family, you may find valu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I gave it three stars because on one hand, the service was great, the hotel lobby was lovely and room was clean. The bed was comfy! The chauffeur car service to and from the airport was outstanding! I highly recommend using the service located at the hotel. You don't have to stay at the marriott to use their car service. Nice large Mercedes with professional drivers. The name of the chauffer company is Austrian Chauffeur Limousines. There are several nice cafes near the hotel. But the negatives outweigh the positives for me, the bathroom was average, the tub looked pretty beat up (scratched and dented) and the walls were paper thin. I could hear the people next door talking. I could hear their phone ringing as if it was in my room. I could hear their wakeup call. There were people talking LOUDLY in the hallways and children running up and down the hallways. My biggest complaint, there was no where to buy a can or bottle of soft drink other than downstairs by the fitness center and the Pepsi was $4 euro a can. A little pricey. It would be nice if they had a vending maching or if the gift shop was allowed to sell soft drinks and water. The lady at the gift shop said they were not allowed to sell drinks because corporate wants guest to buy their soft drinks in the bar. Wow. Unbelievable. On a sunday when EVERY store in Vienna is closed, it is a bit inconvienient and costly. I ordered coffee and dessert at the hotel lobby and it was average. Service was great, but for the next coffee and dessert I went to a real cafe.

Before I booked my room I read here on tripadvisor how this hotel is centrally located. It is centrally located and it isn't. If you want to catch a tram on the ring, then they are correct, the tram stop is right outside the hotel. (2.20euro everytime you get on the tram, or buy a day pass or vienna now card) The subway station is very close, about 3 blocks away. But if you want to walk to Stephansdom Catherdral or Hofburg Palace, then you are not close. It is quite a walk. We found ourselves doing a lot of walking back and forth from the center to the hotel. I started taking the tram at one point because the amount of walking was way too extensive (and I walk alot anyway, so for me to complain about walking says something).

I will never stay here again. Next time I will stay at the Hotel Am Stephansplatz, which is dead in the center of everything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Vienna Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!