We recently enjoyed a 4-night stay at the Hilton Vienna and, after a bit of a rocky start, it was an excellent stay. Our driver, arranged through the hotel, failed to meet us at the airport so we took the CAT train and it was great. Even after long flights and with suitcases and coats, it was easy and comfortable. So the booking error ended up saving us 21 euros! Mercedes, the Guest Services Manager, greeted us at check-in and apologized profusely for the mix-up with the driver. So all is forgiven.
The room on an Executive Floor is average size, but the view is spectacular. Try to get an '05 or '07 room. The view is unobstructed across Stadtpark to St. Stephens. There is the regular morning view, the afternoon view with the sun shining on the buildings, and the night view with everything lit up. Truly amazing. And the window opens a little to let in fresh, cool air and the sound of horses clopping along.
The Executive lounge is a good size and divided into three rooms so the noise level is reduced. Excellent breakfast with eggs, broiled tomatoes, bacon, sausage links, and lots of good breads. And chocolate croissants. The evening spread includes two hot dishes and several of those little cups with fun tiny dishes. There was a nice Prosecco, an Austrian red, and some other wine and beer choices. Before 6pm and after 8:30pm (8 on the weekends) there is a charge for alcoholic beverages. Service was very efficient, though not as warm as (for example) the Prague Hilton.
Housekeeping was very good. It's a pet peeve of mine to be out of the room all day and come back to find it hasn't been serviced. That was not a problem here.
Oh, I forgot to mention that we were here celebrating my birthday, and we arrived at our room to find a beautiful chocolate cake and a bottle of Prosecco. Nice.
Guess that's all. Overall a memorable stay. I'm sure all the Hiltons here are good, but you can't go wrong here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria's premier hotels. Set in the heart of Vienna, the hotel is just 16 minutes from Vienna International Airport by the city airport train. The main sights and most fashionable shopping streets are within walking distance.Relax in our comfortable guest rooms and enjoy a high standard of amenities. Located on the higher floors of the hotel, the Executive rooms offer breathtaking views over Vienna and exclusive Executive Lounge access with complimentary continental breakfast, drinks and snacks. Upgrade to a bright suite for extra space and excellent views from the private balcony. Try innovative Austrian cuisine on the alfresco terrace of S'PARKS restaurant or enjoy Austrian wines and Viennese coffees at the Lobby Bar & Lounge at this Vienna hotel. Work out in the well-equipped gym or unwind in the sauna, steam bath and relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Hilton International Vienna
- Vienna Hilton International