Our Christmas river cruise with Viking was brought to an abrupt halt at Regensburg due to the flooding of the Danube. This eventually entailed us being taken by coach to Vienna and then Budapest.
The hotel at Vienna handled the arrival of nearly 200 passengers from two river cruise ships on an emergency booking with considerable ability. This was helped by the assistance of Viking staff who had accompanied us. Baggage was already in our rooms when we arrived. The hotel is first class. The surroundings are attractive for a city centre hotel and the rooms were everything one has been led to expect from Hilton.
Two double beds and space to spare. The bathroom was excellent with all the usual attractive toiletries. Goodness knows what it cost Viking but we were very grateful to them for the efforts they made to make up for our disappointment.
The meals were buffet style with hot and cold available in a room set aside for our very large group. The choice was extensive and temptingly tasteful. Because of our arrangements with Viking, wine was included with the meal. The wine served, red and white, was middle of the range but certainly satisfied our tastes.
I would certainly recommend the hotel for a longer stay as it appears to have everything one could wish for. The staff were extremely helpful. WiFi was available in public rooms.
One could almost hope for a repeat of the river trip under the same circumstances!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria's premier hotels. Set in the heart of Vienna, the hotel is just 16 minutes from Vienna International Airport by the city airport train. The main sights and most fashionable shopping streets are within walking distance.Relax in our comfortable guest rooms and enjoy a high standard of amenities. Located on the higher floors of the hotel, the Executive rooms offer breathtaking views over Vienna and exclusive Executive Lounge access with complimentary continental breakfast, drinks and snacks. Upgrade to a bright suite for extra space and excellent views from the private balcony. Try innovative Austrian cuisine on the alfresco terrace of S'PARKS restaurant or enjoy Austrian wines and Viennese coffees at the Lobby Bar & Lounge at this Vienna hotel. Work out in the well-equipped gym or unwind in the sauna, steam bath and relaxation area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Hilton International Vienna
- Vienna Hilton International