We chose this perfectly placed hotel through TripAdvisor and weren't disappointed. It's right in the heart of Vienna and close to all the main sites, shopping areas, the river and all forms of transport. The hotel itself was elegant yet cosy and welcoming. We had a junior suite and there was loads of space, plus a huge bathroom and a safe. We had a room overlooking the central sitting room dome - no view but it meant that you could open the windows at night and it was safe and very quiet.
Breakfast was wonderful - lots of choice and all beautifully fresh and the kitchen staff were all very friendly. They made me toast every day and even made sure I had strawberry jam when they realised I prefered it! There were chandeliers and oil paintings in the breakfast room, easy chairs and coffee tables in the lounge, another quiet room with a free computer and printer plus Internet access in the room. The hotel concierges will help you with concert or meal bookings.
There's no restaurant in the hotel itself but there's a huge choice of restaurants of all types and price ranges, all within easy walking distance. I'd recommend Do&co or the Palmenhaus for a fancy meal and the Pizza place just down from the Stephansdom for a cheap but tasy meal. Try Sparky's bar too, round the corner from Do&co - a very friendly beisl/bar which offered meals, snacks, coffees and drinks and best of all was open until very late.
Vienna itself was wonderful too - concerts, museums, palaces, shops, the Danube............ the list is endless.
We couldn't have asked for more - highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find the HOTEL KAISERIN ELISABETH directly in the city center of Vienna, just next to the famous pedestrian zone the Kärntnerstraße and the Graben, only a few steps from St. Stephan`s Cathedral.Our 63 non-smoking rooms are located on four floors. Each room provides bathroom/shower and WC, and is equipped with satellite-TV, flatscreen TV, telephone, radio, minibar, roomsafe, internetaccessW-Lan (free of charge for our guests), and air-condition. Smoking is allowed in an own separate area in our breakfast room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kaiserin Elisabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaiserin Elisabeth Vienna
- Kaiserin Elisabeth Hotel Vienna