“A little bit far located, but nice breakfasts” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Art Hotel Vienna to your Saves list
The Art Hotel Vienna
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Brandmayergasse 7-9, Vienna 1050, Austria   |
Ranked #115 of 363 Hotels in Vienna
“A little bit far located, but nice breakfasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for two nights during business trip(Room with double bed). Everything was neat - clean,warm, friendly reception. Big minus is location. It takes some time to get to the closest S-Bahn. I solved it by having 24-h Vienna card that allowed me without additional costs to use bus(bus stop is 3 minutes from hotel) and the S-Bahn(I think it went directly to Karlsplatz, not sure though). Good breakfasts. Solid 3 stars hotel. Had some paintings in my room :) I didnot pay for my stay, thus, cannot say anything about stay-value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wrexham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Situation-20 mins walk to nearest Metro. 5 min walk to bus-stop for 10 min ride to Karlsplatz with frequent services up to midnight
There are cafes and restaurants in the square next to the hotel.
The hotel is in a quiet street with minimal noise.
The hotel is very clean and tidy-receptionists are politr.
Rooms are like a travelodge but smaller and without tea/coffe making facilities. No dressing table and no armchairs-only furnishing is a tiny table and two wooden chairs. TV bolted to the wall high up-only way to watch is to sit sideways on bed and crane your neck. About 25 channels but only CNN in English. No toiletries except liquid soap-but plenty of towels.
Free WiFi is provided although I didnt try it, but there is a computer in the foyer free for guests use. I had a package which included breakfast but I wouldnt pay for it seperately when local cafes will do better. On offer was a pretty sparse selection of the usual cold offerings. There were eggs on offer but when I was there these were always congealed fried eggs. There was a bowl of fruit which had some wizened apples which nobody took and on a couple of days one or two tangerines. I bought fruit from the local supermarket in the square and ate it at breakfast.
As a diabetic there was little I could eat. One good point -the coffee was really excellent.
But it was cheap and problem free.

Room Tip: Tall thin hotel with lift so if you want quiet go high
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I was in Vienna with my family for this 1 Nov weekend and we stayed at Art hotel.Position is very close to city center well connected by bus 59A (the only bus we used during all we)!There is also a metro at 5 minutes walk but with cold weather bus is a better solution and it runs every 5/7 minutes.
The hotel is very basic, rooms look fine, the building looks a bit old but it is clean and very quite! Staff service was excellent! I d definitely go there again, it's very convenient especially compared to all other hotel room fares in Vienna. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, there are many bars and a turksh bakery shop nearby where u can get delicious pastries and brioches. Billa supermarket it's also very close, 2 minutes walk.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 212-213 2nd floor on the side of the street. Very quite.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

So I booked this hotel because when I looked it up on Google maps it appeared closed to the centre of Vienna, however it seems Google maps doesn't always give the right address for this hotel so be careful. This hotel is about 4km from the centre and you can easily catch a bus which runs regularly, however it's an extra few euros each day and makes it hard if you want to go to the hotel and rest during the day. The hotel is nice and clean with good WiFi and the staff were really helpful. The area around the hotel had some good restaurants with Italian, Greek and of course schnitzel!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Room was clean and in perfect order though wifi didn't work in the room and when asking about it to one member of reception staff he wasn't particularly helpful. The same member of staff didn't explain the on street parking outside the hostel very well also simply stating he'd organise it for us (their own garage was full) leading to us getting a parking fine. We were given free breakfast that day by way of an apology though which was nice

Room Tip: Top floor didn't get wifi even though full signal was present. Could connect to same wifi networ...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel is close to the 59A bus route that gives you speedy access to the centre of Vienna. It is clean, comfortable and well-equipped - not perfect, but really good value. Breakfast is the usual selection of cold meats, egg, bacon and a variety of bread and rolls. But perfectly acceptable. The staff are really pleasant and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. One thing though - automatic lighting would be appreciated when you're coming out of the lifts!
There isn't much in the area - it's very much a residential area with a small handful of cafes and a lot of small shops.

Room Tip: We had rooms at the front that overlooked residential flats. Not sure about the rooms elsewhere in t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I travel 20,000 miles per month, stay routinely at the big intl. chains, and am escorted around like a little prince. But, when I travel on my own time I like to tone it down a bit and live comfortably amongst the locals. So, with 3 days to fill between meetings in Europe I headed straight for Vienna and discovered this wonderful jewel of a hotel.

Located on a local quiet street, 15 minutes from city center on bicycle, you will find the wonderful Art Hotel where simplification has been perfected. The interior is decorated with fabulous local art, setting the tone for the entire hotel. One half block away you'll find a platz with a grocer, a City Bike stand, several pubs/cafes and more. This is a quiet location :)

My arrival was well before check in (6am), yet they hustled to prepare a room for me whilst I sipped a stout and delicious complimentary cup of coffee. Within an hour I was catching a mid-morning nap on their simple yet comfortable, clean and fresh double bed (I like a firm mattress). My pillows were soft and the duvets heavy and warm. Slept like a king!

The room was excellent in the simplest way serving only my truest needs; solid free Internet, many outlets, excellent lighting, a large bathroom with a deep tub/shower, a quaint little table, lock box, TV and plenty of hangar and baggage space for my 2 role-aboards. Everything was exceedingly clean and prepared.

The front desk was very astute with my needs (dry cleaning/safety deposit locks), helpful with booking and maps, knowledgeable for my daily tours and genuinely quite friendly!

The morning breakfast is 9 euros and well worth it: a buffet of eggs, bacon, vegetables, fruits, cereals, roles, cold cuts and cheese, juices, milk, and more of that fantastic coffee!

Can you tell I love this place! :) Vienna needs more than 3 days, so I'll be back and I'm definitely staying here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Art Hotel Vienna? Share your experiences!