“A lovely little place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
San Francisco, California
“A lovely little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our time in Vienna (after our time in rental apartment). It was just wonderful. The garden is a real plus--we sat outside both evenings. The room was a good size, with great closet space, and everything was very clean and comfortable. The family is also lovely and the service very attentive. The breakfast spread was impressive and included homemade jams and cakes! I would highly recommend this place. Don't let its location outside the city center fool you: Vienna has excellent public transportation, a tram stop is right in front of the hotel, and the neighborhood is very walkable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed two nights at this exquisite property. Family run for 102 years. Great location next to the public transport to the city center. Christina 5th generation daughter makes delicious deserts that are to die for. And a delicious breakfast!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Dear Hotel Jäger Team,
I stayed with you last year for a whole month, due to a problem with my own apartment here in Vienna. (Sorry that it's taken me a long time to write this review -- it's because I am still 'on the road' ;-) During that time, I saw lots and lots and lots of satisfied regular guests 'coming back for more', I saw excellent breakfasts served with a smile, I saw that nothing was too much trouble for your guests, and I saw the really hard work that goes into making your welcome *look* so effortless.
Thank you for your passion for hospitality. Wishing you many more happy guests.
All the best, FB

Room Tip: There are quite a few different styles of room in this hotel. I stayed mostly in room 206, and I lik...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Freising, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

A small family hotel, about ten minutes tram time from the centre of Vienna, it has been newly refurbished, but the wonderful, personal service is still the same. And the breakfast is great... good range of food. I like the coffee too... real European style. We have just returned here and found the hotel as good as we remembered it.
We like the location, near to public transport which runs about every 10 minutes, near to some very good restaurants... Appolos just 200 metres down the road for very good Greek food, and a very good Viennese restaurant about 500 metres away called Ottakringer Landhaus.
All in all, great hotel, very good staff, and a good location... a great combination towards a good holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Solin, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked this hotel in last minute, since we decided to spend one weekend in Vienna with kids and our small dog. I was not even checking location when making a booking.
I was positively surprised when I came, since hotel was central, and only 10-15 min tram ride to Vienna Christmas market. Tram stop is directly in front of hotel.
Rooms are large, very clean and comfortable. Our room had connected separate room for children (on booking.com I didn't realized that rooms are separated, it looked as one big room).

Hotel staff was extremely friendly and welcoming, we felt like VIP guests. Breakfast is rich, room for breakfast small and cozy. We even got a goodbye gift :)

We will come back for sure and will recommend to all.

Room Tip: Family room is very good and large
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and my small dog for 2 nights. It was just a small break for us and I really wanted something cosy and comfortable. I'm a frequent business traveller and I'm a bit tired of staying in big (international chains) hotels without any personality. When I travel on leisure to cities like Vienna I'm always looking for a small family-run hotel where I can enjoy the spirit of a city and Hotel Jager is exactly what I was looking for! When I was booking this hotel I thought that it's located in villas' district because it looks like a Villa in a secluded place but imagine my surprise when I found myself in one of big streets with pretty heavy traffic. I was a bit disappointed but when I passed through the hotel gate everything changed - no noise from the street, well-cut lawn, flowers and a basket of apple on the stairs. The hotel staff was really helpful and friendly. The room was spotlessly clean and reasonable-sized. Although the hotel is a bit on the outskirts of Vienna but there is a S-Bahn just right on the corner and one can easily get to the city centre.
All in all, it was a nice and pleasant stay and I'd recommend this hotel to people who enjoy family and old-style atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

a very nice hotel, the staff was friendly and helpful with a good breakfast option. Only drawback is that its is slightly outside the city center but Vienna transportation is superior and reasonable to budget. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Jager? Share your experiences!