“Very good Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront

You added Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront to your Saves list
Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Handelskai 269 | A-1020 Vienna, Vienna 1020, Austria (Leopoldstadt)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #54 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very good Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very nice Hotel and well situated. You can rich easy to metro and then to the city. Nice view if you stay on the Danube view. The executive Lounge is ok and enough to eat and drink at any hour. I am happy to chose this hotel for my stay in Vienna

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
hoover, alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were booked at the Hilton Vienna Danube as part of our Highlights of Eastern Europe with Trafalgar Tours. We decided to come a day early and I asked for an upgrade to a river room and Laura Schmidt at the hotel was kind enough to give us one. The hotel's location is right on the Danube and the terrace restaurant was very pleasant with its view. The hotel room was very large and modern. The metro is a very short walk and you can get to the center of town quickly. We stayed the Hilton Plaza in Vienna on our return as part of our tours. It may have a better location but the Danube hotel is superior.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I do like the Hilton brand so I am a bit biased but overall this was a good hotel. It is outside the city but the subway/metro was convenient and some friends actually walked to and from the hotel/city.

So if I'm a Hilton gal why am I giving this just an average rating? For these reasons:

1. There is only free WIFI in the lobby area. This caused mobs of people to camp out in the lobby - sitting on all the available seating, the floor, the stairs down to the bar and wherever there was a free spot. This made it impossible to walk through the lobby. It also was very noisy and my room was on the first floor.

2. To continue with the above comment, my room was on the 1st floor and there was no security to keep those folks out of my "wing" that did not a room in that area. There were doors that were closed but at no time did I need to insert my room key to get access to this area/wing. Since I was traveling alone this did not make me feel safe/comfortable. I mentioned this 2x to the front desk clerk and the woman just went OOO, HMMM. Well thanks for hearing me out, I guess.

3. The breakfast in the morning was a nightmare. It was so crowded and so busy - no matter the time I went down. The hotel does cater to tour groups so I get that but it was insane. I often found the food to be of an international flavor but a few more breakfast "staples" would have been nice - I personally do not want to eat deli meats and/or salad products for breakfast.

4. I tried to get a dinner at 5pm one day and was told I had to choose from the "narrower" menu as the dinner service did not start until 6pm. Really? I was hungry and it was only 1 hour. Either way someone had to cook so why couldn't I order off the dinner menu?

5. The hotel has two "gift shops" neither of which the hotel runs. However, the folks at the front desk could not tell me the hours of the shop and said it was open whenever the workers showed up. I think the hotel can demand/require regular hours. It would also be nice if the hotel had a pantry type store for miscellaneous items.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor --- its noisy from the WIFI folks.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Raik_Lang, Front Office Manager at Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Nelle_1234

Thank you for sharing the feedback about your recent stay with us. This is the most valuable source for improvement we can ask for and we appreciate taking the time to share it.

We are very sorry that we did not met your expectation during your stay. About your experience at the reception, please rest assured, that I will personally follow up with my team about the way of communication. Also you can rest assured that your feedback about the restaurant and gift shops have our full attention and will be discussed within the management team to implement further improvements. Also all details are already forwarded to the appropriate department to have a deeper look into that.

Once more we thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us.

With best regards from Vienna.

Raik Lang
Assist. Front Office Manager
Lede, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed for 5 days in this hotel for a city trip to Vienna. The rooms are of a Hilton standard and the hotel is in general very clean. They also have a good restaurant at the Donau-terrace.
Going to the city centre is possible by metro and takes about 20 minutes (including the walk to the subway station). Rates are very attractive outside business season.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location on the water is superb but not as close to the metro as advertised. You go over a bridge and walk two or so blocks to the Stadion stop.

We booked a room on their website and took a hefty prepayment discount. The website then offered us a chance at an executive floor upgrade at a big discount if available on the date of arrival. I took the chance and got the upgrade. I was surprised that the snacks and beverages were available even on weekends. The breakfast offered in the lounge was good and adequate. Dinner snacks wete...typical Hilton. More like appetizers than meals. We thought the rooms were up to American standards in bedding and size. We got a room with two real queen size beds and a love seat. And the A/C on a 100 degree day worked well. The staff was helpful.

When another guest asked a staff person if there is a nearby restaurant other than at the Hilton, the guest thought the staff person was lying when he said no. He was not lying. However, the restaurant on the water is worth the splurge. My daughter got home made pasta and my steak was cooked perfectly. All in a comfortable setting with a world class view of ships sailing the Danube.

Napajedla, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice surprise. Its position is not so far from city and quite close to Prater. Donau with plenty of swans (do not forget to feed them after breakfast, it is fun) makes this place so nice, but take repelent if you want to sit outside after sunset :)
Very spacious and nice standard rooms - no need of suite upgrade. I had both (std room and waterfront suite) so i can compare although suite was very good, next time i will take 2std.
For drivers: If you come in afternoon, parking is ok but on the evening it could be hard to find a place.
Pool is good but water is cold for kids.
Restaurant was weird. Sometimes seemed to have no service and you must search for stuff...
Food quallity ok, prices like everythime in Hilton.
Executive lounge has very good cakes but beer and vine they serve only from 6-8p.m. :(
There are lot of ships on the river that can entertain you while sitting outside.
One warning, this is a spiders kingdom in summer. If you open window, you will see dozen of them close to you and in the evening they try to migrate inside :)
Despite them this is a place i like to return.

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Rooms are fantastic and entire hotel is very upscale. We found staff to be professional and very helpful. They will assist with your daily activities if asked. Pool is outdoor, by the river. breakfast buffet is top notch and you can eat outside watching big tour boats going by on the river. Parking is a bit odd; in the hotel but you kind of park on the ramp.
You will love how spacious and comfortable rooms are; very modern design, usually found in Novotel hotels. Beds are great; my wife fell asleep and woke up 10 hours later :)
Highly recommended.for visits to the beautiful city of Vienna.
We will be coming back!

Room Tip: Book Sunday night . We payed only $120 versus $277 which is a full price.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront? Share your experiences!