“Introduction to Vienna Tour: Perfect for a quick visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Viennatour

Viennatour
Wipplingerst. 24-26 | Meeting point on Michaelerplatz in front of the ruins across the church, Vienna 1010, Austria
+43 1 6641616174
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 181 Activities in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Certified tourist guide, professionally guided sightseeing tours - Vienna & Austria
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
7 attraction reviews
“Introduction to Vienna Tour: Perfect for a quick visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was only in Vienna for a weekend, so this was a good tour to take. I felt like I learned a lot about the city and was able to see many of the main monuments. Herbert was nice and very knowledgeable. However, we did not go into many places which for me is a missed opportunity. I would pay a bit extra if it meant actually going into one or two more churches, or museums.

Visited October 2012

• Greek first
WI
9 attraction reviews
“Didn't show up!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was really, really looking forward to this tour, especially based on the glowing reviews here. But Herbert didn't show up. I waited for 40 minutes. Since I don't have a phone when I travel, I asked a stranger to call the number Herbert provided. The lovely woman called about 4 times and nobody picked up the phone (I think the line was busy once). I went back to the hotel and the woman at the reception called a few more times - 6 calls in total. On the last call, he finally picked up and had no knowledge of the tour booking. I had the printout of the entire communication chain (I like to be as prepared as I can be) and showed it to her, with the subject line being "Tour Confirmation". She read that info to him and he pretty much said that he's too busy today, something else came up. He didn't even believe that he had a tour booked for this day.
Oh really?! Too busy??
I had a booking and he completely ignored it. Wasted my precious sight-seeing time. Good thing I didn't pay in advance.
Looks like it's not "once in a career" that he doesn't show up for a tour, as he missed another booking (as per an earlier review).
Bottom line: Risky to book with him as he might not show up.

Visited October 2012
Herbyvie, Inhaber at Viennatour, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
In defence of Ms. Anna's review, I would like to clarify a few points
that perhaps, through cultural and language differences may have gotten
"lost in translation".
As Anna wrote, I did not show up for the scheduled tour. This was due to the fact that
I had mistakenly entered it into my diary for the 28th of November, not October.
Again, I accept full responsibility for this embarrassingly unprofessional error.

I did not answer my phone due to the fact that I had on-going scheduled tours
underground (3rd Man) and no reception. When I "surfaced", I took the call and
admittedly probably sounded confused or uncaring due to the fact that I had
Anna's tour scheduled, in my records, for one month later. As a self-employed
tour guide, the remainder of my day was filled with other obligations and upon hearing
from Ms. Anna that she had time the next day until 1 pm for alternatives, I offered
her two possibilities in order to compensate for my mistake. Naturally, these were not the customised
tours that both Anna and I had carefully puzzled together in our email correspondence.
I assume, understandably so, that she was fed up with the entire situation and chose
not to take me up on my attempts at rectifying this unfortunate turn of events.

I too had to write off the entire investment of my time in setting up her challenging
customised tour and am unhappy with myself at the loss of business and the damage to
my reputation. A very unfortunate situation (and the 2nd to happen in a long and successful
career as a Vienna tour guide). Please read the countless reviews in which I was appreciated
for my efforts in which I have always gone "above and beyond". In the words of
English poet Alexander Pope (1688-1744), "To err is human; to forgive, divine.".
Vienna, Austria
“VIENNA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

:)Beautiful place, nice people, wonderful day...It was one of the best breakfast we ever had. The tour truly was the perfect intrioduction to this beautiful city. We had a great time and learnd so much. We would have missed a lot of things about Vienna if we hadn't taken this tour. Simply, it was excellent. We truly enjoyed the tour.
Beč je neverovatan grad. Istorija je prisutna u svakom njegovom deliću. Spoj prošlog i modernog je neverovatan. Jedna poseta znači da će te se, sigurno, vratiti.

Visited September 2011
Irvine, California
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect Introduction to Vienna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Herbert was a fabulous guide and I am so glad I did the 4 hour tour my first day in Vienna. The tour truly was the perfect introduction to this beautiful city. My boyfriend and I had a great time and learned so much. I wouldn't want to miss this. Having a great guide was immeasurably helpful. For example, the treasury was full of fascinating items that would not have been nearly as interesting without Herbert sharing his great stories and descriptions. He also gave us a wonderful recommendation for lunch! Thanks Herbert!! It was perfect!!!

Visited June 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Herbert is very knowledgeable and passionate about Vienna and its history. He will take you to great less known places and tell you the stories behind buildings and monuments. We would have missed a lot of things about Vienna if we hadn't taken this tour.

We had a blast. Simply excellent. 100% recommended.

Visited May 2012