“3 country holiday” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #310 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“3 country holiday”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Airo Tower Arena Hotel in Vienna was one of the 5 hotels we stayed in on our 9 day 3 country holiday with National Holidays. The staff were were helpful and the food was ok. The hotel was about 7 miles outside Vienna and you had to get on a tram for 9 stops and on the metro for 3 stops to get into the town. The bedrooms were a health and safety hazard. There was no proper shower and it hung off the wall in the bathroom. There was only one lamp in the entire room so at night it was difficult to see anything. No bedside lamps. The wiring was very dangerous - there was this cable that rang along the wall with one of the sockets hanging off and the other one was right behind the bed which you could not move and it was difficult to plug your adapter in. The decor was old fashioned but the beds were clean. This hotel is in need of an update.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 318
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul-Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dear friends, I stayed at this hotel on 21-22 Agust 2013 nights and left on 23 August 2013 together with my family on a tour programme. We were 3 people (including my daughter) and stayed in the same room of 3. I liked the hotel. Access to the hotel was quite nice on 67 Tram. We liked the receptionist. She was kind. If I would try to find a point of critique, I could mention the third bed in our room. Obviously, that smaller bed was not of the same type. No problem, my daughter did not mind at all. Also we are not a family who takes any opportunity to claim /complain for any reason. But, the third bed was really noisy. It could even bother the next door guest. But I have the certain feeling that, if I had asked it to the hotel management, I am sure that would've been replaced on the spot. It was my mistake not to ask for. The second point is, internet is available in the lobby which is quite secure and fine, however, I would recommend the hotel management to consider to increase the number of seats in the lobby (Lobby is nice and wide) as it appeared there is a need for that. In short, my experience in this hotel was nice. I spent two good days here. I would recommend Airo Tower to anyone travelling to Vienna.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hull, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very basic hotel, no air conditioning (which was badly needed as the weather was very hot) . We found the staff to be unhelpful and unfriendly, not one smiled.Very bare minimum selection for breakfast and the evening meals where terrible, with no selection. One of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in. - not to be recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at Airo Tower Hotel for 2 nights in April 2013. We were 3 ppl.

Room: small but modern enough. Decent sleep quality. No free internet available in the room.

Hotel: Not a bad hotel. We would have appreciated a bit better sound isolation. You could easily hear the ppl in the corridor. At night it was quite calm though.

Food: We only ate breakfast so cannot comment about the rest but the breakfast was very basic and nothing special: 2 - 3 kinds of cheese, cakes, yoghurt, musli, etc. I think it is a pity that they dont serve any wiener croissant or so.

Location: the hotel is a bit out of town however it is very convenient to get to the city centre with the public transportation. It The hotel is right next to the tram which will connect you to the metro. With the metro you can easily reach the city centre. It took half an hour from the hotel to the city centre with public transport. The public transport is not extremely cheap. However could be interesting to stay there if you stay in Vienna for 3 days or more and get a 72h city card.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I returned to Airo tower with Apprehension: it had been 6 years or so since I was last there, and things change: but lo, all was as I remember, except the bar has been made-over: I rather liked the 1980s mahogany-and glass theme, but I guess you haveto move with the times. Anyway, if you're looging for affordable comfort in Wien, you could do a lot worse. It's 150 metres from the sublime Therme at Oberlaa - €15 for three hours of watery, sulphurous, salty bliss - never mind the saunas and the hairdo and the Fusspflege and the... you get the idea. A morning spent here will set you up for seversl days' high-intensity citifying - and Wienna needs that. Despite appearances, it's not far from the centre. The 67 tram terminus sits outside the baths, about 25 minutes ti Reumannplatz, and the U1 to Stephansplatz. Bingo! I'll tell you about Vienna another day...
but the hotel is fine: decent breakfast, well-appinted rooms, coutreous staff - and Blago is still behind the bar after all these years. Only some things change, thankfully.(I'm a bit of a conservative, I know!). Gerry Murphy

Room Tip: All rooms face outwards, so you'll have a view whever you are. If, however, the sound of trains...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've been in this hotel in the past and liked but now I remained with a bitter taste. On arrival in Vienna we stayed in a room on the 14th floor deplorable, it was cold and pouring water on windows. They have washed the shame on our return back home when they gave us another room on the 12th floor totally different in better than the first time. I don't think I will choose them next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have visited Viena for New Year and we have stayed at Airo Tower Hotel for 6 days. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are very spacious and renovated, cleaning is made every day! Wi-fi only in the lobby, breakfast it's ok but you get every day the same thing. In front of the hotel is the tram station and will take you to the metro station in 8 -10 minute, from the metro station until the city center are another 6-8 minutes- so in 15-20 minutes you can get to the city center. So I will certainly reccommend this hotel for the good price and conditions of a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Airo Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!