“Pure Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
Moscow, Russia
“Pure Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Not the first time at Grand Hotel Wien, and, as Wien itself, the hotel is just getting better with years. Some old hotels have a special "old" smell, but not the Grand. It smells like new.

Location is perfect (20 minutes drive to the airport, 3 minutes walk to Opera and Kartner Strasse), rooms are perfect (i do LOVE the hotel slippers and I always take it home :-)). Nothing more to say, in fact. Pure Empire luxury, pure Vienna.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hotel W, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Mr Sanchez 73,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

MARCUS FUERNKRANZ
Guest Relations and Quality Manager
mfuernkranz@jjwhotels.com
+43 1 515801847

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We spent two nights again and this time it was perfect. We had an upgrade for both rooms, so the space was really appreciaed. Check in was faster than last time, the concierge did a very good job to reserve a nice restaurant on very short notice.

Breakfast was good, a slight problem with 4 minutes eggs that were in fact hard boiled but it did not change the fact that our stay in Vienna was a great one.
Check out was fast and efficient, and after service was also great as I had forgotten my silk night gown, that they found and sent me back a few days later.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear PascaleV,

MARCUS FUERNKRANZ
Guest Relations and Quality Manager
mfuernkranz@jjwhotels.com
+43 1 515801847
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel has a perfect location a block from the Opera and very close to other sightseeings.
Hotel is beautiful and "Grand". Our rooms was from a fairytale and room was very big (even though we reserved a standard ones).

Toiletries were as high end as the hotel.

We had a complain with the manager regarding a hair found on the bathtub (totally unacceptable for a 5 star hotel) and they gave us a complimentary breakfast that we enjoyed a lot! (Breakfast had lots of selections to choose from... 5 stars as the Hotel itself.

Great stay and 100% recommendable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hotel W, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Matviajero,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Grand Hotel Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Therefore we are taking your comment regarding the hair in the bathroom very seriously. I ensure you that we will spare no effort in order to avoid situation like this in the future.

i would like to express how sorry we are for this unecusable incident. It was never our intention to hurt your feelings.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The best Luxury Hotel in Vienna with a perfect location!
We loved this hotel, it's location, it's facilities and it's luxurious ambience was the perfect way to see Vienna. The staff was friendly and professional, truly making us feel like VIP guests. The room was spotless, and with a bed that was one of the best I have ever had at any luxury hotel. We must come back again.

Dear PatricSA,

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We actually booked at the sister hotel 'the ring' which is right opposite but their reservation system was down so we were moved to the grand hotel. The hotel has a perfect location which is walking distance to Most major sites. You can walk to stephensdorm cathedral, kartnerstrausse (the shopping street) and also belvedere palace. The hotel is located opposite the opera house.
The hotel is beautiful, extremely grand and very traditional rooms. We stayed in the executive room which was large with plenty of space. When you get to the room there is a bottle of sparkly wine waiting complimentary. Toiletries also smell lovely!
The restaurants are French and japanese we chose the Japanese restaurant which we were not impressed with. Food was bland and very poor selection for vegetarians. The tofu still tasted as if fried in fish oil.
Another thing to be careful of is breakfast. There is a great spread but we had a misunderstanding with saff. Because we were told we had been upgraded from the ring hotel we asked at breakfast if breakfast was included in our room and told it was and shown all the menus. We had 3 days of breakfast which came to 64euros for 2ppl daily and on checkout were charged for all 3days. Now when you go to breakfast you're asked to sign a blank receipt with your room number and signature however I learnt at checkout when I explained I've never even signed for breakfast or seen any bills for it, that they print on the receipt after you have signed it! Not only that they don't show you it after the meal! I was shocked, I've never seen this happen elsewhere, it slime signing a blank cheque. The staff at reception were extremely unhelpful in resolving this misunderstanding so I went back to the ring hotel opposite and the general manager there sorted it out in 2 minutes with 1 phone all after I explained the situation.
Overall the grand hotel is beautiful and certainly is grand but my experience at checkout put me off. Furthermore if I returned I would stay at the ring simply because they were so helpful, it's also a great hotel, good location and is modern
If you go before march 10th there is a huge ice skating rink outside the city hall Rathaus which is stunning with nice food stalls. The great thing is there's no time slots so you get a locker and skate on/off all evening. When lit up it looks amazing.

Dear Rosh 7,

thank you very much for your comments you have made on the tripadvisor website.

Please allow me to express my depest apologies for any inconvenioence you had to experience during your stay with us. Not only that you had to be moved from the Hotel The Ring to the Grand Hotel. In addition to that you had to go through some unpleasant situations with us.
I am very sorry to for the misunderstanding regarding the breakfast charges.Please believe me when i am writing that it was never our intention to hurt your feelings.
It is obvious that there had been a lack of communication in between the different hotels.

I ensure you that i will bring the procedure of signing guest checks during breakfast to the Execeutive Management. I am confident that we will consider a different handlicg regarding this issue for the future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in the future. Regardless if your next stay will be in our sister hotel the Hotel The Ring or here with us at the Grand Hotel Wien.

I remain with the kindest regadrs from Vienna,

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here in May 2012 on a mother - daughter trip. The people at reception were very friendly and helpful and the concierge had great recommendations. We stayed in a twin room - it was spacious and had a vintage-y feel to it (older style furniture). The location was great - just a 2 minute walk from the opera house - we saw a great ballet performance. We went almost every night for a cocktail to Do& Co. which was only a 10 minute walk away and has a great view - you should definitely try a Hugo (sort of a white wine spritzer) when youre in Vienna. We also took a tour bus - which is right opposite the opera house and did the hop on hop off tours.. we even managed to take the tour to Prague - they do day trips - its 3 hours away - and we ended up staying there (although you pay the full price of the ticket) which at the time was cheaper than flying there! We had free wifi in the room and ordered coffee every morning to the room - they didnt have a kettle in the room. Overall it was a pleasant stay but the hotel does feel a bit "old"

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Possiblebliss,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

It is my pleasure to inform you that by latest may all the rooms at the Grand Hotel Wien will be equipped with coffee machines.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed there last year in july. it`s really a nice and royal place to stay in. but the breakfast was not as great as we expected. service was good and reception people were polite and professional. except for one lady at the reception who was very
rude and not helpful at all.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mona4_11,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Hotel Wien in 2012. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Therefore we are taking your comment on our staff very seriously. Please be ensured that it was never our intention to be rude or unpolite. We never wanted to hurt your feelings.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you in the future in to proof that we have learned by our mnistakes.

With the most kindest regards from Vienna,

Yours respectfully,

Marcus Fürnkranz

Been to Grand Hotel Wien? Share your experiences!