“The best Hotel I've ever been to” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier

You added 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier to your Saves list
25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lerchenfelder Strasse 1-3, Vienna 1070, Austria (Neubau)   |
Special Deal
Save €5 on select meals
Ranked #41 of 365 Hotels in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cologne, Germany
“The best Hotel I've ever been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Hotel is perfect, in every way!
The desgin of the rooms and the whole hotel is hilarious and very modern, very creative! i fell in love from the moment i came into the entrance hall.

Our room was beautiful, and extremly pretty.
The restaurant and the bar are very nice, the staff is really friendly and helped us a lot! You can rent bikes for free (which i would definitly recommend, it's the best way to move in vienna) which is great!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it's simply great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Upon deciding to go to Vienna as the second part of our visit to Central Europe, I looked up Yelp and saw that the 25Hour Hotel was the number one hotel. This warranted closer inspection.... woah, this place looked amazing and that was just the standard room. So as a treat to ourselves, we booked a panoramic room. And we were so glad we did.

We arrived to be quickly checked in by Florian, one of the many cool young hip people to work here, wearing their sailor striped tops.

Up to the sixth floor we were stunned by the room. The ceiling to floor windows truly did give it the panoramic status. Fabulous views, really stunning. The room also had juggling balls, a hula hoop and a floor mat. All in keeping with the circus theme of the hotel. There was loads of storage and handy furniture i.e. desk, chairs and a sofa. Sofa wasn't the most comfortable to be honest. And there was a flat screen TV, but we didn't turn it on truth be told.

The toilet was separate to the bathroom, which is always a good idea. A semi-open shower with two shower heads to chose from, how posh. The hair dryer rocked, one of the highlights for me (it's the little things). I loved the hand-soap, shower gel and shampoo. Its called Stop The Water While Using Me!?! You can buy it down in the shop for a nice price. Everything sold in the shop had a very nice price indeed. I also managed a keyring, but everything else was too expensive.

The air con was a godsend as a heatwave had hit Austria. Everyday in the early afternoon we we would come back to the room, shower and then just cool off. Bliss. And it was so quiet. It made the AC in our hotel in Prague sound like a jet engine.

The room also had a fridge and double hob, which was perfect for us. There is a spar and an Aldi around the corners (in opposite directions), so we stocked up on food and drink. We had breakfast in our room every morning, so we save money there.

The hotel itself is set in a great location, the Museumsquartier. Close to the U2 and U3 underground line, you've access to the whole city. For food there is the handy Burger de Ville outside and 1500 Foodmakers on the ground floor. While on the top floor there's the fabulous Dachboden bar with terrace. Amazing bar.

One thing that annoyed me (and they lose a star for this) was the Mini-bar team. In the afternoon they would knock on the door, if you were there and not quick enough, they'd let themselves in. On the first occasion the guy was very gruff (I nicknamed him the fridge police). I told him we hadn't used anything in the room, but he pointed out that we'd used the Nespresso pods. No we hadn't, there was none there when we checked in. Then some of the other days when we hadn't met them a few more new items would appear in the room. Like bottled water and then crisps, neither of which were there when we checked in and neither of which we asked for. But they were added to the bill when we checked out. So I'd advise you to double check your bill when leaving. There was no problem, they took them off when we pointed this out, no questions asked.

Apart from being vigilant of the fridge police, I would highly recommend the 25Hours Hotel. It's an experience.

Riyadh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very nice hotel for young couples and friends. New ideas with new design mixed with old stuffs. Simply we liked the stay and they are very nice young staff. Helpful to maximum. The breakfast was very nice and alot. Very good location.

Room Tip: Choose the one with terrace
Leiden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

For me and my mother this was almost perfection:
PROS: location (walkable distance to city center and 2 different metro lines and trams VERY close by) and just by the museum quartier which is very convenient
Decor: In our opinion the circus theme is not too strongnor too soft, is just right and more than that...you can notice that a lot of effort was put in details to create the overall feel of the hotel
Breakfast: By far the best I EVER had in Europe...Fine cheeses, smoked salmon, champagne and nice muesli options...it could have more cakes and fresh fruit and juice options, but honestly it was amazing
Restaurants: We only experienced the 1500 and although it has few options our pizzas were really nice. The reviews for the Burger Villa were also very nice but we didn´t get to taste it...The rooftop bar is also very nice but we only went there quickly for the view so I can´t comment on other aspects
Staff: Very polite, nice and efficient. We arrived earlier than the check in hour and they let us in and helped us with tourist info etc
WIFI: Included in the price, available in all the hotel and rooms and rather good.
TIPS: We had a book full of 'tips from the locals' about cool places to eat, go etc....

CONS: On the first day our room (120) had a weird smell in the bathroom...but luckly it went away on the second day
PRICE: It is not cheap, but for their service, breakfast, design and location I didn´t mind that much.
MAP: I would have loved to have received a nice map on the first day..but got a small and not very practical booklet.

Final remark: Before arriving I was a little concerned about the comments regarding the bathroom...Honestly, they were a bit too dramatic. Yes, the shower has a window to the bedroom, but even if you don´t close the shutter (yes, there was a shutter, in my room at least) there is no way to look at someone in the bathroom without intention...so, not to be worried.

Room Tip: I´ve been told that rooms on upper floors have noise because of the rooftop bar...We were on the fir...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We spent only a night but had a great and relaxing time. The room (XL; 513) was very nice and comfortable (Tube on the balcony). Beautiful view. Front desk staff (W.) was very efficient and patient. Hotel well located. Nice place for dinner.Pleasant bar on the roof top. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk staff!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The absolutely perfect city of Vienna served as my launchpad for a 15-day, 5-country, European tour. Meeting a girlfriend there, both of us highly dependent on the trusty TripAdvisor and Agoda, we decided to give 25Hours Wien a whirl.

I admit, the colorful walls, the white linens and most importantly the highly coveted Vienna rooftop bar were all enormous selling points.

I arrived late on a Friday evening from Los Angeles, swiftly dropped my bags, changed into something slightly more appealing over my yoga pants and sweatshirt and it was off to the rooftop we went. However, not without totally and completely soaking in the flawlessness of our hotel room. Wall to wall windows overlooking the practically picture perfect park, lusciously desirable bed, circ de soleil’esq art, and an incredibly modern and LARGE bathroom… for the next two nights, I was home.

Up we went to the rooftop bar, only to walk into what I would call a blend of a good friends balcony, a trendy LA bar, and your local watering hole. And we also found an enormous line out the other side for those not staying at the hotel. Apparently we were at the right place.

Squeezing our way to the bar, we found the menus only in Austrian. But really. Wine is wine and beer is beer. Hellos exchanged with the lovely bartender and with a few common hand gestures, our wine and beer was served. And Vienna truly had me at my first sip of a local Riesling.

Drinks in hand and it’s out to the balcony we went. Overlooking the charismatic Museum Quarter, it took me a second to absorb the fact that I was in Los Angeles only 15 hours ago. Quickly I found I was the only American, and on that rooftop was an incredible international delegation of people all speaking English as the one common language between them.

It was absolutely thrilling and exciting. And what’s more is how quick strangers were to strike up a conversation. An unflawed experience and it was the absolute ideal way to kick off the trip. Couple of glasses of wine, new friends met and it was time for bed (don’t forget lusciously desirable beds!).

The overall hotel is designed a bit like a really cool and funky prison. You walk into the elevator and the mirror reflection makes it seem like you are behind bars. So just be prepared for absolute randomness and fabulousness.

A few things I will share so to avoid any surprises…

The room is small but when in Vienna, you don’t expect to spend a lot of time in your room so in this case, size truly did not matter. And there is no closet, rather an open space with racks and shelves. Again, did not matter one bit.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Especially for adventurous travelers who expect to be out and about all day and night and want to come home to an amazing bed, friendly staff, and something completely different! Thank you 25Hours Wien!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room overlooking the park and somewhere in the middle. Like the 4th floor. You...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you have a quirky sense of humour and are not swayed by staid, chandeliered, old-fashioned establishments, you will LOVE this hotel! It kind of pokes gentle fun at itself and certainly doesn't take life seriously. The neon sign outside, "We are all mad here", kind of sums it up. I am not sure I would decorate my rooms at home with wallpaper depicting a whip-wielding dominatrix or a very large fairground lady but, hey, it certainly beats a blank canvas in magnolia. Like I said, it's fun. I was almost disappointed there was no clown costume awaiting my arrival but I guess you only get that with an upgrade.(What am I saying? We DID get an upgrade...red noses at the ready!) The rooms are clean and comfortable: ours had a gorgeous desk, funky lighting and generously-sized toiletries. There are also loads of free postcards available on each floor for good measure which are handy if you want to write sweet nothings to the gorgeous reception staff...!

Breakfast offered plenty of variety but I had to rebuke the fellow guest who started picking at the fruit salad with her fingers - reassuringly, staff offered to replace it immediately. (The same guest managed to secrete half the buffet table in various pockets about her person - I didn't need to swap my clown cozzie for my Miss Marple wig to deduce that this lady was not a member of Weight Watchers... but I digress). It's a shame some people disgrace themselves so publicly.

We found the wi-fi connection poor and intermittent at best and the air-con was very noisy and not cold enough (personal preference) but they are minor issues I guess. Also, we were not able to gain access to the rooftop bar on Saturday night as it was too full so be prepared to be turned away if it is busy - even if you are a resident. Shame - I would love to have seen the view.

Location is excellent for both the centre of town and the underground (which is very easy to navigate).

10 out of 10 for friendly staff and a welcoming smile. I loved it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier? Share your experiences!