“Excellent guide and tours” 5 of 5 stars

$168*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Vienna a la carte is a boutique tour operator based in Vienna/Austria specializing in private and small-group city tours, day-trips and excursions. We cater for quality-conscious travelers looking to discover Vienna and its surroundings in a relaxed, private atmosphere with expert private guides. Our offer includes walking tours, bike tours, Segway tours and limousine tours as well as day-trips and excursions from Vienna to Salzburg, Budapest, Prague and other cities within easy reach of Vienna.
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent guide and tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ulrich did a wonderful job planning our day including a great lunch recommendation that we truly enjoyed. Peter (wonderful driver) and Brenda (our excellent guide) met us (myself and my 11 year old daughter) at our hotel for a fun and information filled morning touring Schoenbrunn, the Klimt exhibit at Belvedere and seeing sights around Vienna. Peter and Brenda dropped us off for lunch at a traditional Viennese restaurant with outstanding food and atmosphere. After lunch Brenda met us again for walking tour of old Vienna which was not only informative but lots of fun.
Brenda did a fantastic job engaging my young daughter throughout the day.
The team at Vienna a la cart made our days in Vienna very special.
A great big "Thank you" to Ulrich, Peter and Brenda!

Visited March 2013

Long Beach, California
“Vienna a la carte, Salzburg day tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This day trip to Salzburg exceeded my expectations. Ulrich picked us up right on time in a very comfortable mini-van. I had thought I would just sleep on the drive to Salzburg, but from the minute we left the hotel, Ulrich was telling us all the local history, pointing out the sites, drove us through the Lake region with a few stops and then gave us an excellent tour of Salzburg itself. I would definitely use Vienna A La Carte again.

Visited February 2013
San Antonio
27 attraction reviews
“Perfect guide, perfect tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We booked a day trip to Salzburg, a driving tour of Vienna and a walking tour of the old city with Vienna A La Carte. Everything was well organized, professional, relaxed, comfortable, interesting, and really, really fun. The times were a bit early for us so our guide, Ulrich, made accommodations for us late risers. He told us a great deal of historical information about both cities, more than most other guides we have had. The only thing I would recommend is to spend a night in Salzburg so you could see more of the city.
These are private tours, so if there is anything special that you want to do, just let them know and they will accommodate you.
Thank you Ulrich for a great 2 days in Austria.

Visited February 2013
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Vienna A La Carte ! Fabulous Tour Guide Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had researched finding a Vienna private tour guide - - and after some effort, and reading recommendations on TripAdvisor, I decided to go with Vienna A La Carte. It was a great decision.

They had Brenda (our tour guide) meet us at our hotel - - except due to some delays during our lunch, we weren't at the hotel. So I went back to the hotel quick, to let Brenda know were we where. After an chit-chat, I invited Brenda to come back with me to me our troop for lunch. We ended up having a lunch "primer" on where & what we were going to see. Brenda was fabulous - - outgoing, engaging, knowledgeable, and yet savvy enough to see when we were "full", and move on to the next topic. From the Habsburgs Palace, through the museum, and on to St. Stephens, and all the sights... Brenda was fabulous. We booked with Vienna A La Carte for three days of private tours - - and we would highly recommend them for guides.

Visited September 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“By far the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I traveled to Vienna last week and booked a day trip to Salzburg with Vienna A La Carte. From beginning to end it could not have been more perfect. Ulrich, our guide and owner, was right on time, the ride was comfortable and he was very knowledgable and shared many facts about Vienna, and Austria, along the way. The stop for coffee and strudel to break up the ride was perfect and the other stops along the way near the lakes were beautiful. He had made us a reservation for lunch at a lovely little restaurant which was delicious and reasonably priced. Our walking tour in Salzburg was great and then we had a little time to shop. The ride back to Vienna was an easy one and Ulrich was even kind enough to drop us off at one of the many Christmas Markets in the town center. He could not have been more accommodating. I would wholeheartedly recommend this company for this tour or any others that they offer. Thanks for a great experience, Ulrich.

Visited November 2012