“Friendly service and excellent schnitzel...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Friendly service and excellent schnitzel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We walked in to Haas at 9.30 pm on a Saturday night with two young kids in tow after finding out our hotel had no room service that night.. We walked out of our hotel to find a place to eat in the neighborhood and picked this place as it was only few buildings away from where were staying. Restaurant has a proper dining room as well as bar area near the entrance. All of the tables were full and we sat in the bar area. This is a cosy charming neighborhood restaurant with very good food. They serve typical Viennese fair and they do not have a menu in English. However, friendly service staff helped us chose our order. Our schnitzel was crunchy and delicious. For desert, we we opted for thin pancakes served with cream cheese, custard and powdered sugar. It was an excellent end to an unexpectedly good meal. I would definitely recommend Haas if you are after a relaxed meal and good service. We paid 15 Euros for schnitzel and 3 Euro for beer

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Norway
“Friendly atmosphere and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stumbled into this beisl by chance in early December, and was greeted by a couple of locals who let me join them until a table was ready (it was full, so the previous contributer who recommended getting a reservation in advance is right). Half an hour or so later, the friendly waiter (who was also the owner and barkeep's son) found a small table for me, which they put right at the bar so I could continue my conversation with my new-found friends. Both the beer, the food and the wine is excellent, the atmosphere is very friendly and the prices are reasonable. Heartily recommended!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, TX
“Typically Viennese…”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Shortly before Christmas, I went there for dinner with a colleague from my study times at Vienna University for dinner, like many previous times. It's still the same, small place… cosy, "gemütlich", and with the right choices of Viennese-style home cooking (Hausmannskost). Menu varies, according to the season. In fall, e.g., you find a goodly number of excellent venison dishes on the menu. Also, It would be hard to find a better gulyas anywhere else. It's run by the family for over sixty years now, and it shows in the excellent cooking and in the unobtrusive, gentle personal attention to service. Close to holiday seasons, I recommend you get a reservation.

• Visited December 2011