“Very good choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #193 of 363 Hotels in Vienna
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel location is great- in the street of the famous Hoher Markt Clock and the historic center is in a walking distance. the room are little but nice.
Breakfast is great-we didn’t expect such agood one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights after a tour of Austria. We wanted a central Vienna hotel at a reasonable price and this hotel fitted the bill. It's not the Ritz and the road where it's located is a bit run down but it did the job nicely for us. Staff were helpful, the breakfast was varied, plentiful and served with a smile ! Its nice that they also leave out a bowl of fruit in reception - simple but a nice touch. The room was an ok size and clean. We were able to walk to all the major Vienna attractions and I would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I really love this hotel. It has a great location (about 3' walking from Stephansplatz) and all staff are very polite, helpful and they can give you advices for sightseeing. Furthermore, the hotel is very clean, despite the old-fashioned room decor, and there is a great variety at breakfast. Next time I will stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel was about ten minutes walk from the centre of Vienna. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were plentiful and if you went hungry it was your own fault. There was fish, meat, cereal, bread, fruit and cheese, the only complaint I could find was the small bathrooms and rooms, the was enough space for two, but would be cramped if there was three of us in the room, but as we explored all day and didn't spend much time in the room we were fine.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bat Yam, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We are the young couple and we like to travel a lot everywhere. Moreover, I'm a hotel manager and a travel agent that's why I like to stay in hotels and check them by myself. Planning our trip to Vienne we decided to stay in not expensive, central located and ORIGINAL austrian-vienne hotel- we chose the Schweizerhof hotel. Both of us are sure that it was the best choise! This not big hotel has very nice and warm rooms in original austrian style. Every day you get different chocolate/ sweets on your pillow. All staff give you smiles, good mood and the warmest hospitality from their hearts every day! And the breakfast... we still can't forget it!!! Every day there was something new and different from the day before. The breakfast was very-very varied, fresh, tasty, original austrian and included exotic fruits and berries every day (even it was cold January!!!) I was surprised that this 3-stars hotel offers better service and choise in breakfast than in Hilton's hotels through over the world!
We recommend this hotel very much to everybody and wish excellent experience from Schweizerhof hotel as we had during our wonderful 3-days trip to Vienne!!! Good luck and don't hesitate to choose this hotel!!!

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 types of rooms: modern and antique (original austrian style). The second type costs...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I were scheduled to spend several nights at this hotel, flying from Zürich to Vienna. Unfortunately, prior to our trip from Zürich, my wife was stricken with a heart attack. I cancelled our reservation SIX days prior to our arrival, only to be advised that a SEVEN day cancellation was the policy of the hotel. I might have been able to meet that requirement, but I was with my wife in an intensive care unit of a hospital in Zürich. My wife's doctors prohibited her from flying; Swiss Air prohibits a cardiac victim from flying for three weeks. This Vienna hotel just takes your money! Terrible customer service in my efforts to resolve this. I am a veteran Trip Advisor reviewer with an even-tempered, if not liberal attitude of such situations. My advice: if you book here, book through a agency with cancellation options.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel has a lot of potential. It has a great location, friendly and helpful staff the room was ok. If they would take of the black mold on the ceiling, take care of the peeling paint and wallpaper, steam clean the carpets, and get new towels I could rate it higher. This hotel is located next to a few night clubs and bars. There was construction that started at 7am and lasted until 7pm. We could here the conversation in the both rooms on either side of us.

Stayed October 2012

Been to Hotel Schweizerhof? Share your experiences!