Ugh. That's the best I can say. This hotel has the POTENTIAL to be one of the best in the city. Instead, it just barely gets by.
First, the location is great. The architecture and history are spectacular. BUT, it's just plain tired. In our room, the wallpaper was peeling, the carpet had stains. Additionally, the internet connection was very poor and kept dropping. AND, the service was fair at best. The front desk never had more than 2 people working, which just simply wasn't enough to handle the busy holiday. They were way too busy to offer good service. Bellman?? No idea where he/she was the entire time. No one at the front door or to hail a cab. Food was OK, but much better to take a 2-3 minute walk and enjoy something great.
With a little investment in the rooms, and some staff training on service, this hotel would be exceptional. But alas, it was probably 3 stars at best and falling closely to 2.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna Hotel
- Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna Hotel Vienna
- Radisson Vienna
- Vienna Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant Hotel housed in former palace dating from 1872, located near St. Stephen's Cathedral, Opera & shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.