“Deluxe ... but” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 363 Hotels in Vienna
Innsbruck
“Deluxe ... but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at this place for a business trip. We got a free upgrade (asking for it as the room was not ready) and the room was spacious, modern and bright. The so Flemings typical glass wall shower was there too.
The room was on the top floor, facing the main street. The top level window was somehow broken and nobody was able to fix it during our stay. That resulted in rather a cold room temperature and quite some noise during the night, as the street noise was clearly hearable.

The other downside of this place is the lack in a drop-off/unload zone. There is a tiny space in a side street, but most of the time occupied by delivery vans. So it was a bit challenging to park the car, unload luggage and then to check in. The car park (a few hundred meters away) was historic and had some romantic side to it (flair of "old vienna").

Overall we would not go back to this hotel, simply for the reason as there are many more options to explore.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Graz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We visited Flemings from Friday to Saturday and we were positive surprised about the size of the hotel rooms - real spacy and nice and modern equiped. Staff was also real frindly and helpful and the overall experience was very good. The only negative thing was the aircondition. The rooms were just to hot and the air to dry what made it a bit difficult to sleep. Otherwise the hotel was a great experience. Breakfast was good too.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Szeged, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent two nights in this hotel. Though the city was enchanting, I am still in e-mail correspondence with the hotel to get our money back.
This hotel is using our money though we settled our account in cash.
When booking online, credit card details are asked for guarantee. OK, we give you credit card details just for security reasons (though we are not criminals and we do want to pay for our stay in cash).
We arrived on Dec.11th. My husband was waiting outside in the car. I popped in to ask where to park our car. The receptionist asked me if the credit card with the mentioned last four digits belongs to us. I said yes. I returned to my husband with a nice Hungarian concierge who would park our car.
My husband told me that he'd just recieved an sms that 411 EUR were blocked on his card.
We returned to the receptionist lady and asked her what this was.
We have never recieved any information that an amount would be blocked on the credit card in reality. We wanted to pay with cash. We haven't even had the room keys in our hands and our money was taken.
In the booking confirmation the room rate for two nights was 361 EUR and they blocked 411 EUR. So what are those additional 50 EUR? The hotel is well prepared so they block money for even some extras, in case we would drink sthing from mini bar. Well, that's a nice welcome.
The receptionist said that this amount would be unblocked when we leave. The first night at 4 am my husband recived another sms: 40 Euros blocked for parking.
Well, we left on Dec. 13 and the amount of 461 Euros is still blocked. My husband contacted his bank where he was informed that they can see the blocking. We payed for our stay with cash when we left. These two nights were rather expensive for 862 EUR!
The other disappointing issue was to get our car back from the parking lot. It is a few streets from the hotel. We told the reception several times that we want the car back at 09:30 when we leave. After paying the bill we were seated at the reception to wait for the concierge to return with our car. Time was passing, nothing happened. At 10:00 my husband got the car keys and was informed that the car is in the backyard. It wasn't there and it wasn't in the streets neither. They took another car instead of ours.....So we had to rush with the suitcase to get our car. We had to be back home on time so it was really important to leave in time.
I am currently in e-mail correspondence with the reception, they keep on telling me that this is only a guarantee. But no one would send me a proper e-mail why this hotel is still blocking our money. The balance of my husband's account still shows - 461 EUR.
Bitter tase for these things and sweet for Vienna itself.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited Vienna, a city we have visited before, last weekend I the middle of Christmas Market season. This hotel is ideally located only a few hundred yards from the Rathaus along with its adjoining metro station. Having said that it is easy to walk just about everywhere in the city centre.
The hotel itself provided an ideal base to explore Vienna. Our room was comfortable and featured the trademark shower in a glass cubicle seemingly common to Fleming's hotels we have used.
Breakfast was good and was served without any of the weekend queues you sometimes find in other hotels you visit.
We arrived minus our luggage thanks to airline problems - and Reception delivered it to us promptly once they received it.
The hotel building obviously once served another purpose and has long wide corridors - they would perhaps benefit from some features such as photographs or paintings.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

(1) I booked total 3 night 2 months before check in and pay via credit card. However, they told me they had overbooked and send me to another hotel at center of the city for one night. That's just a little inconvenient.
(2) However the 2 nights at Fleming's I experienced poor function of warmer, shared the man next door smoking and snoring.
(3) Also, the hotel refund my previous payment and asked me to repay when I check-out. I had to pay for at least two commission to my bank and exchange rate made me loss more.
So, it's upset to stay there.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is unusual to find all your requirements in one place but Fleming's Deluxe Wien-City delivered for us this weekend! Booked based on apparent location and feedback we hoped for the best (this was our first hotel based trip to Vienna) and were not disappointed.
The hotel is only a couple of minutes walk from tram stops and about two minutes more from the U Bahn (U2 line) giving quick and easy access to all of Vienna on very well priced public transport (a 48 hour all transport pass is very reasonable, buy tickets at stations before platform and validate once when you start to use).
I digress, sorry back to the hotel, we had asked in advance for a low floor due to access issues, we had a room on the ground floor - perfect! The bed was a little firm for my wife but again housekeeping to the rescue - extra duvets to lie on.
Our room was comfortable, modern, well appointed, well lit and with a great glass feature shower cubicle. The complementary breakfast is just first class and puts to shame nearly all other breakfasts I have ever paid for... After a hard day out in the Christmas markets, concerts or arts etc. the bar is warm and comfortable and happy to serve anything from coffee to cocktails.
We found the staff friendly, efficient and happy to help.
If returning to Vienna we know exactly where we will be staying!

Room Tip: Basement rooms near the fitness center, ground floor same level as reception, dining and conference...
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just returned from a long weekend in Vienna, stayed here for 2 nights, very pleaseant stay. Location is on the doorstep for museums, theatres (for us at this time of year, nearby the Rathaus Christmas Market and others). Our rooms were spacious, clean and quiet with all mod cons. Breakfast was excellent both mornings, check in and check out was fine. Taxi transfer from the airport was about 35 mins, traffic dependant, fixed price of 40 euros. Viennese hospitality was very warm, at the hotel and elsewhere; there was a great little pub 2 mins down the road from the hotel which kept us fed and watered one night, my friend left her purse behind by accident and a staff member ran after us to make sure she got it back. Vienna was a beautiful city and is on our list of places to return to.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
flemingshotels, Manager at Fleming's Deluxe Hotel Wien-City, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear jmpf,

thank you for taking the time to send us some impressions on your recent stay with us!
We are glad, that you enjoyed your time at the Flemings Deluxe Hotel Vienna, and that we could turn your stay into something special!
If you are planning to return to Vienna, let us know – we will be happy to welcome you back and to make sure you will have the same great experience as last time!

Warm regards,
the team of the Fleming's Hotel Wien-City

Been to Fleming's Deluxe Hotel Wien-City? Share your experiences!