“Classy, cosy, friendly and yummy Greek restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Orpheus

Restaurant Orpheus
Spiegelgasse 10, Vienna 1010, Austria (Inner City)
43 1 512 38 88
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
vienna
“Classy, cosy, friendly and yummy Greek restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Been to Orpheus four times in a less than year and was never disappointed. The venue is spacious and not overly decorated. Food is great and varied (had a delicious grouper last week-end), and they have a great selection of quality Greek wines both white and red. The service is efficient with a touch a Mediterranean friendliness and always a smile. The maître d' often offers a glass of Ouzo Ploumari (the best of the best). And they accept patrons fairly late (after 10 pm), which is fairly rare in Vienna.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
“Lack of perspective”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Arrived when quiet, ordered a souvlaki platter, read some reviwes talking about how the greeks like to take their time (useless review that is), after 30mins thought that true they like to take their time, then watched in disbelief how the patio filled up and everybody got their food before me, meanwhile the waiters kept smiling at me, never asked a thing, never said a word. After 1 hr i pid for my drink and left, heard the waiter shout into the kitchen "did you not make the souvlaki platter ?" turning to me he said it's ready now. I said I amready too, cn I hve the bill for my drink, they even made me pay for it, - a complete lack of perspective. Sleeepy and Dopey.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Best Greek Food in Vienna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

What a treat! My family and I loved the food, service and ambience. I flew in from the States to meet my parents and I usually get excellent food in Astoria, NY (Greektown). This place though served authentic Greek food at a decent price and in a beautiful setting, right downtown. I can recommend this restaurant to anybody. It took me 2 visits to Vienna to find this restaurant and I wished I had skipped the other Greek restaurants in Vienna before. I will always return.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“city greek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

my boyfriend and i frequent a taverna in the us, and god forbid we go a week without greek food, so we went here while we were vacationing in vienna!

we had the garides saganaki as a app- and it was delicious- just the right amound of food.

the boyfriend had the chicken souvlaki for his entree and OH MY GOD it was phenomenal. i got bronzino and it was all right- not the best ive had, but definitely delicious.

this place doesnt have the taverna style dining that we were expecting- its a more chic and more urban, but the decor is lovely, and the staff is very helpful.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The absolute best meal we had in Vienna and it wasn't Austrian...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Orpheus was fantastic. It's a beautiful setting, the staff are friendly. We had an appetizer plate that rivals those you get in Greece. We followed with a broiled whole Bronzino that was perfectly cooked and a welcome respite from all the meat dishes. Topped it off with Turkish coffee served in a copper pot and kataifi. Easily the best meal we had.