“Great place, great service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Guesthouse Arabella
Mariahilfer Guertel 8, Vienna A-1060, Austria (Mariahilf)   |
Ranked #66 of 172 Specialty Lodging in Vienna
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great place, great service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

My daughter and I stayed here, and were supremely impressed with Aribella's place--clean, large rooms, a good price, and she was tremendously accomodating. She even fixed my rolling backpack! Would definitely hope to come back! Wonderful!!!!! Thanks

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I enjoyed my experience at Arabella. I stayed here with two friends, all three guys from San Francisco, California. First time to Austria. Arabella made our trip to Vienna and Austria a memorable experience. Her hospitality was exceptional. She was very friendly and helpful. Arabella took us to the train station with her own car and offered to do our laundry free of charge. She should get a rating of 200% as she went above and beyond any expectations and requests we had. We got the whole apartment (not just a room) for ourself. Great location to the subway station that can take us anywhere to downtown or even to the schonbrunn palace. We went everywhere on our own. The apartment has stove, inside bathroom/restroom, refrigerator. The place was clean. Perfect for long time stay for less money considering Vienna is one of the most expensive city in Western Europe. The smoke smell didn't bother us even though none of us smoke. The other reviewer probably never stayed at hostels, B&B or guesthouse in New York city or other expensive cities in the US. Arabella also recommended us to the best inexpensive family restaurant in Vienna. I wish I remember the name because I would like to recommend this restaurant to fellow travellers. That's what happened when I wait this long to write my review. But I owe Arabella a glowing review. I will definitely come back to visit her and her guesthouse again the next time I stop in Vienna. This is the place to stay when you are on budget travel. Tausend Dank, Arabella. Look for our postcard and photo from California. We love the christmas market and the hot wines while we were in Vienna.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

First of all, this guesthouse, is located in a small appartment in a building. The appartment is converted in a kind of guesthouse.
The bathroom with the toilet is shared with all the other rooms of the guesthouse! And only one bathroom is definitively not enough for 3 rooms...
There was an awful smell of smoke in our room, because the tenant was smoking in the "reception" (=the kitchen of the appartement).

Even if the tenant is friendly, no doubt that any other guesthouse/hotel in Vienna will be better than this one.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Guesthouse Arabella? Share your experiences!