“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 363 Hotels in Vienna
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Staff helpful and even printed stuff of for us as we only had ipad with us.The underground is only a 5 min walk away and easy to use. We used our bikes to get around and viewed many of the attractions which was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AdagioWien, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion about our Aparthotel Adagio Wien Zentrum with us.

I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Vienna in our Aparthotel

Assistant to General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good, clean, comfortable, nice small kitchen, close to public transportation, nice front desk staff. Drove up and easy to park your car in a pay parking lot and leave it until its time to go. Can easily explore Vienna using the public transportation, we even accidentally didn't pay some fares.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sonja H, Geschäftsführer at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Patrick,

thank you very much for your nice review!
I'm sure that your feedback regarding our front office staff will be a great motivation for my team!

We hope to welcome you very soon again at the Adagio Wien Zentrum!

Sonja Holzhauer
Adagio Wien Zentrum
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

First of all, it's an apartment hotel, so it's better to stay there at least for a couple of days. Unfortunately, we stayed only one night, but next time I will definitely choose this hotel. And also they don't have room service at evenings (because cafeteria is closed).

Clean and cosy, stylish and comfortable. Room looks like studio apartment for 2. It has a separate small kitchen area with different kind of equipment and a living room/bedroom. Kitchen include a microwave and tea/coffee making facilities. Our room had a wall bed, very comfy to sleep, but quite heavy to fold/unfold. Dining table, writing table, mirrors and a big wardrobe. Very nice spacious bathroom with a bath, not only shower.

We had the room with the waterside view and the river was wonderful at night!

And, most of all, hotel has great location, very close to the historical city centre. Tram and bus stops are about 100 meters away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sonja H, Manager at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Mrs Kanter

it was a pleasure for us to read your nice comments about the Adagio Wien Zentrum here on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed our perfect location as well as our well equipped rooms. Thank you very much for your nice feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the near future in Vienna!

Best regards,

Sonja Holzhauer
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The good: The location is perfect, in the centre, quite close to the old city. The type of accommodation is very convinient for a stay of more than a week because it has a fully equipped kitchen inside.
The bad: The service strongly needs to improve: slow in solving problems and some people not very efficient in taking messages and solving practical issues.

I will return to this accommodation if I need to go back to Vienna in spite of the cons.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AdagioWien, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all I'm sorry you were not satisfied with all our service and we apology for any inconvenience caused, but however I'm glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Vienna in our Aparthotel

Buffalo,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

After seeing that this hotel on tripadvisor and its good reviews, I booked it for our 10 day trip to Vienna. Since my mom needs to be very specific in her diet, the kitchenette was a major plus that we were very pleased to have, and made dinner every night. The front desk staff was always very nice and helpful with any questions we might have, especially the Manager and the lovely woman from Italy (I can't remember her name). They told us about the small grocery store just across the Ring and up a block, which worked perfectly for us, of course some guessing was required for us on German labels, which was amusing-but we did just fine. A pharmacy is also across the street as I needed allergy medicine that I had left home, also very nice people. Our room was on the 5th floor facing the river, it was a beautiful view everyday and night. We would just open our windows and watch all the people go by and the buildings light up. We could also see the ferris wheel at the Prater. Although we faced the street and were close to an intersection, we never heard any traffic noise. The wifi was only available in the lobby, which wasn't a big deal for me. Location of the hotel was great since the tram stops for the Ring are steps from the front door, it was fantastic to have a short walk back at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river give you a great view, our 5th floor gave us a clear view over the observator...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Moscow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I booked a non-smoking double studio room for several nights; upon arrival I was given a key to the room on the last floor which looked way far from the pictures on the web: it was a small, gloomy and tacky mansard with one tiny window in the ceiling and dirty stained walls in the kitchen.
There was no way I would stay for EUR 100 in a closet like that one, so I went down and asked the manager if I could have another room – that was actually the first time I’ve had to ask for another room and I should say I travel a lot. The second one was none the better – may be not that tacky, but this time facing a concrete wall. Down I went the second time.
This time I was told that they had no non-smoking rooms available, so I decided to try smoking ones. To make it short, we’ve tried three smoking rooms – all of them were looking much more decent (in fact the way it’s shown on the hotel’s website) and had nice views but all had an unbearable stench of an inveterate chain smoker which made me literally sick right from the doorstep.
Finally we found the one that after some thorough airing and air-freshener smell more or less ok and I could check in. The only conclusion I can make is that one of the hotel shareholders is some tobacco company.
Anyway I should say that all of that time the guy from the reception was very helpful and nice and really tried to do the best he could to solve my problem.
The breakfast was a pleasant surprise; I’d say it’s worth the price; but you can always get some snacks at the supermarket which is few hundred meters away from the hotel across the road. WiFi is not available in the rooms, but I asked a cable at the reception so to me it was not a problem. Also loved the area; the hotel is effectively located on the embankment so I could even get a glimpse of Dunai from my room.
If it was not for the controversy upon the rooms at the check-in, the overall impression would’ve been much better.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear guest,

I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the rooms at the first sight, and I apology for any inconvenience caused. I'm glad to read that our front desk staff did there best to ensure you a great stay.

Whenver you come back to Vienna I hope to welcome you again in our Aparthotel.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and would happily stay here again in future trips to Vienna. Here's why:

We were a group of 6, 3 couples, one couple being my boyfriend's parents, and the other his sister and her husband. Thus, we wanted to spent as much time together as possible. Having a kitchenette in each room, plus a small dining table (stored under the desk), along with a fold away chair stored in the closet meant we had enough room to entertain everyone in our room. Th fold away bed had a couch underneath which we also found useful.

The beds were all comfy. We had a fold away bed in our room, and normal beds in the other two rooms. All beds were comfortable.

We stayed 4 nights, thus, there was no cleaning nor towel change. This was not a problem as there was even a vacuum cleaner in the room. Maybe having fresh towels would have been better (you can get some for extra pay) but not a big issue.

Big positives:

- Kitchen with all that you would need for 4 people: fridge, electric stove, microwave oven, kettle, coffee machine, dish washer as well as cutlery, plates, glasses,mugs and pots and pans. There is also dish washing liquid as well as pills for the dish washer.
- Comfortable beds
- enough space
- Very new furniture
- Modern design
- Free coffee and hot water in the lobby except during breakfast time
- free wifi in the lobby, and free internet access via cable in the rooms
- Super clean rooms and halls
- Free access to the fitness room and sauna 24/7

Location was also very very convenient. The tram stop is right in front of the hotel, the underground (U4) at Schewedenplatz is only 5 minutes away. Schewedenplatz is also full of really good restaurants, close to the shopping district, and the boats to Bratislava also leave from here.

We only used the public transport when we went to Schonbrunn castle. Everywhere within the city center was reachable on foot thanks to the location of the hotel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would like to thank them all for making our trip extra good.

Tips:
- Take some salt, cooking oil, suger, and tea bags if you do not want buy all of this for a few days use only.
- Tap water is delicious in Vienna. I preferred the tap water to the bottled water we bought the first day.
- Take slippers with you. The bathroom is designed in such a way that water splashes on the floor when taking a shower.

Suggestions:
Water splashes on the floor from the shower. It would be great to have a mop in the bathroom to dry this up after taking showers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AdagioWien, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear guest,

first of all thank you so much for taking time to share your opinion about our Aparthotel Adagio Wien Zentrum.

I'm delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in Vienna.
I hope to welcome you again in our Aparthotel.
Please do not hestiate to contact us at any time.

Assistant to General Manager

Been to Adagio Vienna City? Share your experiences!