“A REAL VIENNESE EXPERIENCE IN A TRUE WIRTSHAUS !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Weibel's Wirtshaus

Weibel's Wirtshaus
Kumpfgasse 2, Vienna 1010, Austria (Inner City)
+43-1-512 39 86
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #423 of 3,012 Restaurants in Vienna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner City
Montreux, Switzerland
“A REAL VIENNESE EXPERIENCE IN A TRUE WIRTSHAUS !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I very often go to Vienna, and we always make our way to this delightful restaurant ! We never miss it once ! The owner is very friendly and pleasant, and we like the typical viennese atmosphere about it ! First you get some delicious types of bread, with spread. Then the first dishes offer you a wide range of typical austrian food, as for the main courses. Don't hesitate to ask for a translation, since it is not always easy to know what you shall get ! The food is first class, not to talk about the amazing wine list, mainly austrian, with fantastic Rieslings for instance, at very interesting prizes ! The restaurant wone the Best of Honor for their wine list a few years ago ! The service is very pleasant, and if you find room for the desserts, you will be enjoying the delicacies of their cuisine ! Don't hesitate, RUN !

Vancouver
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stumbled upon this place whole looking for a restaurant we had been to years before. It was a lucky find. We were early at 6.00, so took a nice table in the corner near the entrance until the reservation at 7.30. An hour and a half was only just enough to appreciate a great meal. The waiter was very accommodating, maybe because we tried to speak some German. The food was really good old style Austrian fare and exactly what we had in mind. The venison stew and Zwiebelbraten were excellent. The apple strudel was not layered and a bit chunky, but tasted fine. The "small" cheese plate was best shared! A great evening. However, if you want a table at 8.00 you must book.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Everyone Happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

What a unique experience in an unsuspecting location. First 6 of us were placed in a very small room just off the corner from the bar and service stand which wasn't relaxing or comfortable to start. Then we refused the bread basket which sparked some staff conversation about the American's in their restaurant and complaints to their chef by the staff. But I am over getting bread at the table for an automatic per person service charge and felt they should ask us if we want it before serving. I guess they thought this would reduce the total check amount for them and lots of staff conversation took place, but they never argued with us. Little did they know we were very hungry and thirsty. We ordered several bottles of wine and lots of food. I had stuffed venison ravioli for a starter and Pike perch for my main course. The flavors here are very very good and I didn't want to finish so I could keep tasting over and over again. There were 4 schnitzel's ordered to perfection. We wished we could come back here again because once the staff got used to the tourist we all had a great time and great food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel, when the restaurant I initially selected had no availability. It was the first restaurant my husband and I ate at after our arrival in Vienna, and we found it provided a nice introduction to Austrian cuisine. We were seated at a booth in a cozy area just off the front entry and were provided with menus in English. Although the server was initially a bit gruff and unwelcoming, he slowly warmed up and provided some recommendations. My venison stew was hearty and filling, but not exactly gourmet cuisine. My husband reported that his wiener schnitzel was good but not exceptional. In conclusion, I'd recommend this restaurant more for it's atmosphere rather than it's food, but it's not a terrible choice.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
city
“This restaurant requires more honest and accommodating waiters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was quite surprised that after reviewing my receipt a few days after I have visited this restaurant, I was charged for the bread which I thought was complementary while waiting for our other orders. As we didn't order the bread, my friend and I have presumed it is complementary. In other restaurants, this would have been complementary if you didn't order this. The waiter should inform the customers that these are not complementary so that we don't get "surprises" or another tourist money making tactic. The restaurant would have been better if the waiters have been more pleasant/accommodating and transparent.

• Visited November 2013