I stayed at the Baronesse for two days at the end of November to check out the Christmas Markets in Vienna. This particular hotel was within a 10 minute walking distance to the main Christmas Market at the Rathuas (New City Hall).
The hotel itself is decent. The lobby is small and dated, but all the front desk staff were great to deal with. They were always very helpful from giving directions to: Market, Pharmacy, pick-up point for the Hop-on Hop-off bus, to helping book railway tickets for my trip to Budapest. They are some of the friendliest and most helpful front desk staff I have encountered as of late.
I stayed in Room #2, a single room on the first floor. The room was well decorated in the modern style. The only real comment about the room was that it was very small...but that did not keep me from enjoying it.
I ate breakfast my last morning there, and I was presently surprised with it. I had read some negative comments about it. While it is no smorgasbord, it has a wide selection of food choices. The only eggs they had out were boiled eggs, but a french couple came in after me and asked if the staff could fix them some scrambled eggs, and they did with out any fuss. Yes, 12 euros is pricey for breakfast, but if you would like the convenience of eating in the hotel then this is an option.
If I could rate this hotel with more than just solid stars I would give it a firm 3.5 stars. Good location, friendly staff, and nice, but small room. Overall a very pleasant stay.
- Also Known As:
- Baronesse My Secret Home Hotel
- Baronesse My Secret Home Hotel Vienna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it is a conference, a business trip, a sightseeing tour or you are looking for the one special place to withdraw from the hubbub of a cosmopolitan city. Enjoy the relaxation of an elegant atmosphere full of Vienna charm together with discreet and individual comfort. Baronesse is where guests feel at home. Aviano and Baronesse are a symbiosis of Vienna tradition and spirit of the times. Our 4-star pension which has been managed as a family business for decades has long been established as a stylish secret tip in Vienna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel-Pension Baronesse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.